Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Pilot/Door Gunner WIP

• 59 Replies

Sto-Las Amari

• Never stop fighting for what you believe in
  • Awards 40+ hrs Charity Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018
Re: Pilot/Door Gunner WIP
« Reply #25 on: Oct 24, 2017, 06:13 PM »
There are so many awesome details on this kit, it's coming along beautifully!

For'ha Nest

• Have you asked for air support?
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #26 on: Nov 26, 2017, 03:41 PM »
Hello Everyone!

Again, itīs been a while since my last update, because I have no time to work on the kit, so I decided to wait a little so I can make a bigger update post.

- Groin cobra joint: Folowing the line of work I added two more small Cobra clips in the groint part of the harnes, so now it look more proffesional.

- Boots: I wasnīt pleased about the result of the boot modificatión, so i bought a new pair of leather motorbike boots for my routes and i have adapted the flightsuit so i can use in the kit as well.

Note: I filled the pockets trying to imitate the real pilots pictures, i like the result.

- Plates: Reading your advices about the Abīs gap, I trimmed the plates a little bit, also I have finally painted them! I have used, aviation matte grey and car metalliced Urban grey for the details. The words on the neck are my characters name, Forīha Nest and his rank into the unit it belongs, Sergant Major, as wel the simbol on the shouldr is a mandalorian rank for sergeant major that I found on internet.

- And the Main Update: I have started To paint the Helmet, itīs far from being finished, but I am trying my best.
The main Color is aviation Grey, Blast shiels and cheeks are Dark grey, the racing decoration its aviation grey and the letters on the blast shield and the face are light grey. The small Word means Reaper, Characters nickname and te phrase itīs the commonly used airborne said "Death From Above" ( i Know there is a mistake i will solve it ASAP).

This is kits current status.

Also, i bought few pouches, i will modify them, but thats how they will look like more or less.

Note: In the picture it look like the lef chest plate i near the neck, but it was that the harness was pulling to hard on them and my fahter diddnīt warn me about that. you can see it in older pictures.

Sorry for the photos, my father itīs not the best photographer, i think that s why i am not a good one as wll XD.

I hope you like the updates, and every advice itīs welcome.

Flyin' striker

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #27 on: Nov 26, 2017, 03:56 PM »
This keeps getting better and better!  ;D

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #28 on: Nov 27, 2017, 05:29 AM »
Such a detailed kit man, this is great work!  Paint scheme is very nice.

Koro

« Reply #29 on: Nov 27, 2017, 12:54 PM »
This looks awesome, love those cobra clips!

Og' Reh

• Ugliest Mandalorian you've ever seen!
  • Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #30 on: Dec 05, 2017, 03:45 AM »
That kit is a proof that details make the armor!

- My Lord! The field is lost! Army in disarray. This may be the end of the war...
- Desperate times need desperate measures... Call Mandalorians!
- Like... BOTH of them?

WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=105164.0
Bucket (complete): http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=106492.msg1782976#msg1782976

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #31 on: Dec 05, 2017, 09:20 AM »
I'm getting more and more jealous of this kit. :)

To fix the chest plate spacing, bring the belly plate down a half inch, then move the chest plates down and out to center them between belly and collar and make sure that you have the needed gaps.  It's a tiny adjustment, but it should clear up all your spacing issues.

Darnai

• The Red Zakkeg -1198
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #32 on: Dec 14, 2017, 10:55 AM »
Good work Sica!

"A jedi can deflect a blaster shot , letīs se how good he does against one hundred in a second"

Silver medal on Mercs Madness 2018

Brisk Arper Vok'chi

• Wasnt born! he was government issued!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #33 on: Dec 19, 2017, 07:15 AM »
Awsome work! Your attention to detail is phenomenal! Seeing your progress has really got me enthused to crack on with my own pilot build.

Yogi

« Reply #34 on: Dec 19, 2017, 11:46 AM »
Wow this is a great build :o

MMCC #1845
Haaranovor Clan

For'ha Nest

Re: Pilot/Door Gunner WIP(pics Heavy)
« Reply #35 on: Feb 15, 2018, 05:25 PM »
Hello everyone,

I know there has been a real while since the last you heard about me, Iīm really sorry.
I will try to update the post but if the mod determine that I have to make a new post I have no problems with that.

This time I bring you some updates so you can see how the kits has evolved.

- Gauntlets:

I have already fisnished and painted the gauntles, at the beggining theyīre were normal left boba ones, but I trimmed them, made some holes, added son pieces from other kits and painted them to make them mine.
And probably you have already realised that, but in Spain we love ligts , sounds and leds, so I Put a whole bunch in it. ;D ;D ;D ;D
The union has been made with fabric from the inside in the outter side and clips on the inner part.

I will put some padding to cover the wires and protec miself.

-Plates:

Hearing your advices I have repositionedthe chest plates so they donīt touch themselves.

-Chest box

I have casted my chestbox from Juno Karrīs model (wich is and exact replica from the blue squadron one), place the main hoses connetors and the pressurizer hose joint (smaller one) and started to integrate systems in it, Mine will have lights, battery power indicator (into the lower piece) and voice aplification sytem.

The holes will flilled whits lights or switches, Paint job still needed

- Hoses

I attached the conectors to the hoses, in the helmet side I made a pressure joint with the hose, som PVC and acrylic.
In the chest box side I used some pipe fast connectors and added a small piece where I am going to attach a wire so it can go arround the hose to the helmet cheeckbone connector.

I putted all together to see the general look of the kit so far and thats is the result. Be advised that the missing shoulder is in painting phase so thats why is missing. and since the I havent made te chestbox harness yet I had to hold it with my hand, so it modified the general look of the kit. And I forgot to close the neckseal so in some pictures its missing. ANd i will probably cut some cm from the hoses because the curve its to wide i think.

So thats all for now. I hope you are still interested in this build and hope you liked the evolution so far.

P.D: Here you have Juno Karrīs pilot Wip new thread: https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=147578.0

« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2018, 05:33 PM by Sica1508 » Logged
Flyin' striker

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #36 on: Feb 15, 2018, 09:58 PM »
Vod, this is REALLY raising the bar! Awesome work! ;D

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Ty'renn Argos

• "I'd sell my mother to the Jawas for a good hunt."
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #37 on: Feb 16, 2018, 08:34 AM »
Vod, this is REALLY raising the bar! Awesome work! ;D
Tell me about it... This *super nice person who is my friend* is going all out on this kit. I have seen his kit up close while he was working on it, and the attention to detail makes me want to throw my kit to the garbage.

Ni cuy' gar vod jii.

Straka Zulu

« Reply #38 on: Feb 16, 2018, 11:01 AM »
Tell me about it... This *super nice person who is my friend* is going all out on this kit. I have seen his kit up close while he was working on it, and the attention to detail makes me want to throw my kit to the garbage.
I know, right?  Can't wait to see how it will look once he weathers it!

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #39 on: Feb 16, 2018, 11:08 AM »

Yeah, I second this. This is incredible, my OCD LOVES the detail.

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

For'ha Nest

« Reply #40 on: Feb 16, 2018, 11:40 AM »
Thank you all!

I know, right?  Can't wait to see how it will look once he weathers it!

I am not sure about weathering it, since itīs a pilot kit, I was thinking about keeping it clean. More like Imperial pilots than rebel ones.

Flyin' striker

For'ha Nest

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2018, 04:52 PM »
Hello Again Vode!

I know that it has been a really long ago since the las time you heard aout me, but i have beenworking really hard on the kit, so i Bring you the newest updates.

-ChestBox:

I have finaly painted it, and atached the slings to the harness

for the chestbox harness I have used four crossed sligngs atached by four Cobra clips

- Helmet:

I have already attached the visor, so now it has the propper look, also i have use cloth to make the interior looks better

-Respirator hoses:

I have already painted the connectorars and added the wire so now it can go to the helmet plugs

-Presurisser Hose:

I made the pressuriser hose with some pipe connectors and put cloth over it, trying to imitate the real ones. Duty left is to make a box into the kidney zone of the harness so the pipe can enter in it and make the impresion of a gas composition control box.

-Armor:

Now the painting its complete, because  keylara corsh painted for me the unit simbol in my right shoulder.

I think in now few steps away from the preapp pahse, duty left to do before it: Handgun, handgun holster, gas control box. i am designing the thight pannels that i want to put into the frontal pockets, but as long its not mandatory for the app, i am not worried if that takes more time.

This is kits current Status

Thank you and sorry for the necroposting

Flyin' striker

Ty'renn Argos

• "I'd sell my mother to the Jawas for a good hunt."
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2018, 05:05 PM »
I have no words.
Sublime.

Ni cuy' gar vod jii.

Jennari

• "I am the best. Always was." - Jango Fett
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2018, 10:49 PM »
Beyond awesome, vod!  Looks great!

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2018, 04:05 AM »
I love this so much.  8)

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2018, 10:02 PM »
What a thing of beauty!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

T_Jay00

• Aeon Lassiter
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2018, 12:08 PM »
What they said. ;)

This is a really cool kit man. It looks like you just climbed out of your ship's cockpit. I love all the harnesses.

For'ha Nest

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2018, 09:08 AM »
Hello7

attending to some of the suggestion that the team made to my ruus into the preapp pahse I made some modifications

- Harness: I made some nylon cloth cover to backside of the harness because it has few earthy eords on it

- Gaunlets: due to my arms size increasse the gaunlets no longer close properly, and i have to make a new lower part with the propper size

in order to go to app pahse i still need to make the rear gas control box on the kidney zone and the handgun.

thank you all

Flyin' striker

Prudii Vok'Chi

• Official Number 0014
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2018, 01:38 PM »
Probably one of the best outfits on the entire MMCC.

Outstanding attention to detail.

Do you have any pictures to show how everything looks from behind?

For'ha Nest

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2018, 05:03 PM »
Probably one of the best outfits on the entire MMCC.

Outstanding attention to detail.

Do you have any pictures to show how everything looks from behind?

not with the new modiffication, but i have this previus one

in the kidney part of the belt i will place a box to make an entrance for the presuricer hose, i have used a 3d model from the First order chest box

only the central piece.

and in the right strap you can see the words i have to hide, so thats why i made the covers.

thnak you for your interest

Flyin' striker

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!