Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Zando's Soft parts WIP

• 7 Replies

Zando

• Hello!
Zando's Soft parts WIP
« on: Aug 24, 2017, 02:23 PM »
Oya vode! I need some help on my flight suit and stuff, so I'll be updating this thread and my armor WIP (could use some help with my plate sizing as well): http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=138768.0

So far I have two Red cap coveralls:

48 long (more comfortable, give me better movement and lets me get an almost full squat):

And the 46 long (more fitting, but the crotch is a bit hit, and I can't raise my arms above the shoulder with out it coming up too far):

I'm thinking the 48 Long is the best, since the crotch is too high on the 46. I need to take in the legs and arms, right? If anything needs to be sown, I can probs do that or get my mum to help.

Thanks for any advice vode!

(and yeah, that hair is getting a snip snip eventually so I can fit my head in a buy'ce)

grantaire

• Steve Buscemi rhymes with Mom's Spaghetti
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Zando's Soft parts WIP
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2017, 11:05 AM »
I agree that the bigger size is probably best. That being said you will definitely need to take in the arms and legs. And hem your pants and sleeves if you can.

Also if you don't want to cut your hair you can always get a headband to pull your hair back. Or just invest in a balaclava to cover your neck and flatten your hair when wearing a helmet.

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2017, 11:32 AM »
I agree that the bigger size is probably best. That being said you will definitely need to take in the arms and legs. And hem your pants and sleeves if you can.

Also if you don't want to cut your hair you can always get a headband to pull your hair back. Or just invest in a balaclava to cover your neck and flatten your hair when wearing a helmet.

I'm gonna get my hair cut shorter, but not super short (my dad will hopefully give me a mullet). And yeah, I was thinking of going with the larger size. Which is awesome, since I can cut the sleeve short, hem them, then use the sleeves off the smaller size under that, and wallah, double sleeved flight suit. I also got some velcro for around the ankles. How do I go about taking in the arms and legs though? I can sew, if I know what it is I'm doing.

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2017, 10:10 PM »
Busy at work:

And ta daa! Arms and legs taken in, and a bit of the body, the rest will be covered by the vest/girth belt/cod, and I added elastic around the pants cuffs, since that's a very common pants leg ending in the Swarz apparently.

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 08, 2017, 12:31 PM »
Wahoo! Got WWII Swiss Gaiters and my replica MP40 pouches just got delivered. Gotta go open them at lunch break, and I'll try and get pics.

Yolah Hyperion

• "Speak softly and carry a heavy blaster"
« Reply #5 on: Sep 08, 2017, 12:59 PM »
Pics or its not real  :laugh:
What site did you happen to order the gaiters from?

"Mandalorians don't make threats. We make promises."
Mandalore the Preserver

"I have poured blood, sweat, manly tears, months and years, and quite possibly my mortal soul into this armor. Treat it like it is the last child on earth."
-Svik Katora

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 08, 2017, 06:05 PM »
Aaaaand pictures! Here's what I've got so far for soft parts:

And a close up of one of the MP40 mag pouches:

The MP40 pouches aren't leather, unfortunately (Those are $50-60), but they are canvas reproductions. Look pretty accurate, are a nice darker grey, and most of all, only cost me $27 or something. The black leather gaiters were around that price as well, and I'm really happy with them.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!