Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Aden Banto Going for Brigades ~Pic Heavy!~

• 35 Replies
Re: Aden Banto Going for Brigades ~Pic Heavy!~
« Reply #25 on: Sep 12, 2017, 02:18 PM »
Thank you so much guys for all your lovely comments and feedback. You're all too nice around here  ;D

Not much of an update but I re-weathered my left gauntlet and it looks so much better. I used a mixture of brown and black acrylic paint with rubbing alcohol to give it that dirty look.

Next up on my list are two things:
-Jump jet boot thrusts and a couple tweaks on the thigh plates. (More velcro and trauma plates  ;) )

Anansi

• Ratiin Am Jate'Kara
  • Awards Donated one quarter of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #26 on: Sep 12, 2017, 04:00 PM »
Now THAT looks properly grimy. Excellent work.

May Hod Ha'ran guide my tongue, may Kad Ha'rangir guide my gun, and may Arasuum guide you to your final slumber.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Cabur Akaata Member 139 | O.S.B.A. 007
Gunslinger - Special Weapons Brigade
Anansi's Longstrike Carbine
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #27 on: Sep 12, 2017, 04:09 PM »
Now THAT looks properly grimy. Excellent work.

'Deed it does. Weathering is the most daunting task, since I like to make patterns. And that's not what you're supposed to do with weathering, so my kit will be pretty clean (besides, I'm a bit of a selective OCD person, so there's that).

But awesome work Aden!

Og' Reh

• Ugliest Mandalorian you've ever seen!
  • Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #28 on: Sep 13, 2017, 08:07 AM »
First you skip leg day, now you keep your armor dirty! Shame on you! There must be some punishment for making so cool stuff! There should be limits you know! ;)

- My Lord! The field is lost! Army in disarray. This may be the end of the war...
- Desperate times need desperate measures... Call Mandalorians!
- Like... BOTH of them?

WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=105164.0
Bucket (complete): http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=106492.msg1782976#msg1782976

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #29 on: Sep 13, 2017, 08:36 AM »
First you skip leg day, now you keep your armor dirty! Shame on you! There must be some punishment for making so cool stuff! There should be limits you know! ;)

I’m not actually sure it’s as cool as it looks... he should send it to us for.... testing, yeah, long term testing!  :P

Og' Reh

• Ugliest Mandalorian you've ever seen!
  • Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #30 on: Sep 13, 2017, 09:19 AM »
*Jelous mode on* Phih... I bet he didn't put coffee machine in that gaunts... That's not so fantastic after all... ;)

- My Lord! The field is lost! Army in disarray. This may be the end of the war...
- Desperate times need desperate measures... Call Mandalorians!
- Like... BOTH of them?

WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=105164.0
Bucket (complete): http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=106492.msg1782976#msg1782976

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #31 on: Sep 13, 2017, 10:18 AM »
*Jelous mode on* Phih... I bet he didn't put coffee machine in that gaunts... That's not so fantastic after all... ;)

True. No good bounty hunter will be without some sort of liquid to consume, and a cup of caf is as good as any.

« Reply #32 on: Sep 13, 2017, 12:21 PM »
I’m not actually sure it’s as cool as it looks... he should send it to us for.... testing, yeah, long term testing!  :P

Very well. *Boxes up entire kit and sends it for long term testing.*  :laugh: There is a possibility I'll be opening a store on the Supply forum. Just depends on the weather here  :rolleyes:]

True. No good bounty hunter will be without some sort of liquid to consume, and a cup of caf is as good as any.

Challenge excepted.  8)

Not a big update (no pics) but I have added more velcro to my pants. Thigh plates look so much better now. When the weather allows it I be back with work pics of the trauma plates for the thighs.  :)

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #33 on: Sep 13, 2017, 12:59 PM »
Very well. *Boxes up entire kit and sends it for long term testing.*  :laugh: There is a possibility I'll be opening a store on the Supply forum. Just depends on the weather here  :rolleyes:]

Challenge excepted.  8)

Not a big update (no pics) but I have added more velcro to my pants. Thigh plates look so much better now. When the weather allows it I be back with work pics of the trauma plates for the thighs.  :)

LOL. And yeah, weather. I just realized winter is coming. Which means no painting (both garages are part of the house, so no spray painting there) since it won't dry.  :( And I don't want to wait till next year! Mebbe it's time for the good old hairdryer...

Aria

• They told me to dress for the job I want
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #34 on: Sep 20, 2017, 02:31 AM »
Ok, a couple things that I see in general that will get kicked back in Brigade App.

First, you need a backplate. It's required for all professions. I know they're not your favorite, but maybe you could look into a segmented backplate for more comfort?
Secondly, I don't see a cod plate either. What you have right now would qualify as an armored loin cloth. If you want you can keep it and wear it over a cod, but you'll need a cod plate attached to the flightsuit for brigades.
Your flightsuit looks a little baggy under your knees and behind your shin plates.

Other then that, you're really close! Well done!!

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade
« Reply #35 on: Sep 20, 2017, 01:14 PM »
Ok, a couple things that I see in general that will get kicked back in Brigade App.

First, you need a backplate. It's required for all professions. I know they're not your favorite, but maybe you could look into a segmented backplate for more comfort?
Secondly, I don't see a cod plate either. What you have right now would qualify as an armored loin cloth. If you want you can keep it and wear it over a cod, but you'll need a cod plate attached to the flightsuit for brigades.
Your flightsuit looks a little baggy under your knees and behind your shin plates.

Other then that, you're really close! Well done!!

Thank you Aria for the feedback! The segmented back plate idea will probably work for me. I'll see what I can do to fix the bagginess on the legs. As for the cod plate I'm working on some designs that will fit me better than my last cod plate. 
Thanks again!  :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!