Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bucket finished

• 6 Replies
Bucket finished
« on: Sep 04, 2017, 04:52 PM »
I finally finished my helmet. Messed up on soldering wires for fans so I gotta redo that, and get new type of foam. But it was still good placement and comfort. Visor wasn't installed but just rested. I'll install it. But held well enough to wear. This is my first build

Cyberdemon

• Just point me at what you want destroyed
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Bucket finished
« Reply #1 on: Sep 04, 2017, 05:04 PM »
looks awesome dude i love the weathering.

« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2017, 06:20 PM »
I need to seal it still otherwise it will continue to weather and get ridiculous. Any suggestions for sealers so that the matte of the green and the shine of the chrome still remain? Not sure if crystal clear matte sealer would dull down the shine of the silver

« Reply #3 on: Sep 09, 2017, 08:00 PM »
I'm sorry to say but this helmet won't do. Please send it to my address and I will properly dispose of it  ;)  :laugh:

Nice work with that weathering vod. Keep it up!

Cyberdemon

• Just point me at what you want destroyed
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Sep 09, 2017, 08:18 PM »
I think that it will work but id test it out on a scrap panted piece just to make sure. sorry for not being more help.

« Reply #5 on: Sep 09, 2017, 09:56 PM »
I need to seal it still otherwise it will continue to weather and get ridiculous. Any suggestions for sealers so that the matte of the green and the shine of the chrome still remain? Not sure if crystal clear matte sealer would dull down the shine of the silver

Rustoleum clear satin will work fine. Just don't do so many coats. I did 2 coats on mine and then did a light rub of 600 grit all over the helmet.

Shar Dagger

• Don't be Delicate, Be Vast and Brilliant
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Special Weapons Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #6 on: Sep 10, 2017, 02:54 PM »
Matte will dull slightly and take some of the luster out of the paint as opposed to a gloss.  Satin is a happy medium!  I recommend using a high rated sandpaper with a grit of 600 or above.  It is ideal to do a quick sand between coats.  This will prevent the finished product from being bumpy. 

Awesome job with it so far vod!  ;)

OM: 1688 - Privateer and Heavy Melee Brigade Member: 283
Check out my Instagram: @shar_dagger
The Pirate WIP
Valhalla WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!