Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

chicago bolts/rivets

• 1 Replies

Arno Kal-Torra

• If your good at something, Never do it for free.
chicago bolts/rivets
« on: Sep 05, 2017, 10:54 PM »
Hey y'all! been awhile, I need some information on how to attach armor pieces using rivets/chicago screws..... i'm really nut sure. specifically wondering about the legacy shoulders more than anything else. pictures and all info would be awesome thanks!

Rin V'khari

• #allthefilth
Re: chicago bolts/rivets
« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2017, 10:49 AM »
Greetings Vod!

I have both spaulders and pauldrons on my kit.  I attached both with chicago screws.  The shoulder bells (pauldrons) I attached directly to my flak vest.  I reinforced the rivet holes in the vest with grommets.

The spaulders are also chicago screws on both the chest and the back...I don't have a pic of the back, but you can see the chest.

I used pop rivets for the shoulder to back plate bridge.  The ones in front are riveted through and the ones in back actually float and are not  attached to the back plate.  Underneath I used a leather strap to hold the front to back.  Hope that made sense...I can snap a pic of the inside tonight if ya like.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!