Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sleep Sheeps Armor WIP

• 5 Replies
Sleep Sheeps Armor WIP
« on: Sep 11, 2017, 01:52 AM »
Hi my name is Mia. I'm a cosplayer from southern California and my boyfriend has gotten me to do a Mandalorian Armor. I just started my kit. This is the concept I made on mando maker.

I'm planing on using scrubs for the flight suit, and making my own vest. Is there any fabrics you recommend me using for the vest?
This is the armor I have so far. I still need my shoulders, my knees, and a segmented back plate.

I already started to shape the chest armor but, we were trying to avoid darting. We still had to do it in the end so, one has a dart already the other we are still working on.

It still need shaping but, now coming out a lot better. I still need to bondo it.
In order to make the chest plates fit better we had to move them down and space them out so we're adding a spacer plate. it's going to be between the collar plate and the breast plate.

My boyfriend painted my blaster so I have the first completed item which is my blaster!

As you can see I'm using the gold for my metallic base coat and this inky blue as my main colours. Also there is this greenish blue pearl paint that will be for accents and deigns.

We're still thinking about how we're going to make the gantlets. We might use PVC pipe or sintra  but, still not decided.
For the helmet, I'm very small. I tired my boyfriends which is a one to one and it was too big for me. So i was thinking of going with a Jango two piece helmet that we will modify and then upgrading when I have enough money.   

Any feed back will be appreciated and I'm looking forward to be part of this wonder community! 

Bata Aden

• You need a pilot?
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
Re: Sleep Sheeps Armor WIP
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2017, 01:54 AM »
Well your boyfriend sounds like a great guy   ;) haha Can't wait to see your progress

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2017, 02:58 AM »
So happy to see this happening!  You have a great start and Bata is a great set of hands to be in.  For the vest the go to is always duck cloth.  I used leather.  My only warning is do NOT use pleather/marine vinyl/upholstery vinyl.  You will bake to death in them.

MMCC #899
B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor
M.A.J.I.C. #132
K.O.M.S. #17
M.A.D. #47
B.O.O.M. #11
The IT-Mando Society #11

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2017, 03:57 AM »
For a vest you really want a natural fabric that breathes. Leather, canvas, cotton/canvas mixes (duck cloth) and similar. Avoid pleather and anything containing elastane.

Do post pictures of the plates on you (a full torso shot in a tighter garment that's tucked into trousers that are not low ride do help immensely with figuring out plate positioning). Most people try to shape the chest plates at too low a point to begin with which can cause some of the hassle, getting them in the right place can make shaping a lot easier as they sit far higher than most people imagine.
If you do end up shifting the chest and ab plates down you will more than likely need to trim them down a fair bit. Just moving them down without adjustments will leave the torso plating too long and you will have no room for the rest of the cod/loin cloth and belts. Squishing them in so that they hang off the hip precariously is not ideal, especially if you have any substantial weight on the belt in pouches/holster etc. Take it from me bruised hips where you've had to tighten the belt just to keep it up is not fun :P
Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

WIP's: EC, Twi'lek, Demolitions

Boxception

• Cel'exa Klina'shel OM #1861
« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2017, 12:35 AM »
Id say your boyfriend has you in good hands!  Ill keep an eye out.... good luck
PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW       Cel'exa Klina'shel OM #1861
MY WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=135464.msg1752482#msg1752482

NanukIsCurious13

• She was Warned, nevertheless, She Persisted.
« Reply #5 on: Sep 17, 2017, 03:44 PM »
Looking good so far! Darting can be tricky, I've heard. You're a brave one for trying it!
Super excited to be here
Looking at starting my first kit
Any help is appreciated!!!!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!