Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bucket complications grow...

• 22 Replies

bolakor

• I like my pirates like my coffee. Burnt.
Bucket complications grow...
« on: Sep 13, 2017, 09:44 PM »
Okay, so, first bucket.
Forge props Demagol design. i was gping to have it fully worked up and pretty..... But then I realized something. My dremel didn't cut my visor out, it mostly melted it out in a rather jagged way. Visor didn't stay in no matter what I did, so it lives on the shelf as a beautiful failure.

Bucket two was an Open seasons death watch.
A trade for a Kylo Ren black series. Well, three months later I still have no bucket and i have heard no word on ot coming beyond the mold having issues every time he goes to work with it, and lately it's been several weeks since I have even heard anything at all. So, bucket two is most likely a lost cause.

Bucket three
So, I'm at a ripping point here. One hand, I can buy another and pray to all the gods of Asgard that it actually comes through, or, I can build my own bucket amd probably throw the better part of 100 bucks total at it and hope it doesn't blow apart on me.

I am very seriously considering dropping my kit and all progress towards it and saying **** it If problems keep up constantly through the whole process. Someone please, some advice would be helpful before i tear my beard out in frustration I what should n a straight forward part of the kit

Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

"You are most welcome here, my dear woman. I have an endless supply of theories about Jedi abilities—yet I keep running out of Jedi."
―Demagol

Zeto Fett

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
Re: Bucket complications grow...
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2017, 09:49 PM »
Why dont you give the target boba that came out like 2 years ago a try? It's like 60 bucks on amazon ... just have to cut out the clear visor , get and extend stalk for the range finder, fill the dent , and respray

IG: Zetofett

bolakor

« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2017, 10:32 PM »
Why dont you give the target boba that came out like 2 years ago a try? It's like 60 bucks on amazon ... just have to cut out the clear visor , get and extend stalk for the range finder, fill the dent , and respray

I never knew about it honestly. I steer clear of all things Boba Fett so i don't really look into anything relating to him. (Probably comes from seeing Jango in his sleek and shiny silver armor holding his own against Several Jedi before a malfunction in his pack cost him his head, then seeing Boba get beat by a guy who looked like a teenager without really any effort. )
I'll look into the helmet though, thanks for the tip on that.

Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

"You are most welcome here, my dear woman. I have an endless supply of theories about Jedi abilities—yet I keep running out of Jedi."
―Demagol

Zeto Fett

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2017, 10:37 PM »
Haha yea ! At least he look totally bad -censored- in the process  :laugh:

IG: Zetofett

bolakor

« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2017, 11:27 PM »
Haha yea ! At least he look totally bad -censored- in the process  :laugh:

No doubt, Boba is an AMAZING bounty hunter and a great character, but at the age i saw him get munched and how little of him i had seen, he's kinda been dropped really low on the totem pole so far as character's go. Just like the prequels dropped Vader really low for a while. Still not the biggest fan of his helmet design, wish a McQuarie Fett helmet would be approvable for custom kits. Now THAT was a badshebs bucket design

Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

―Demagol

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2017, 11:35 PM »
the mquarrie v1 is approvable on a custom kit you're just not allowed to modify it. ;)

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Sep 14, 2017, 03:28 PM »
McQuarrie buckets are approvable for custom paint designs for modern but again they can't be modified.
Also The Target Fett is one of the easier base helmets to mod for custom kits. You can also do Pepakura and spend about $50 on bondo and fiberglass resin and sandpaper.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

bolakor

« Reply #7 on: Sep 14, 2017, 06:54 PM »
McQuarrie buckets are approvable for custom paint designs for modern but again they can't be modified.
Also The Target Fett is one of the easier base helmets to mod for custom kits. You can also do Pepakura and spend about $50 on bondo and fiberglass resin and sandpaper.

Makes me a little sad it can't be modified, but why cry over a 66 Fairlane when you're in a 67 Galaxie right?

You're the go-to bucket man, what do you think about TMA buckets? Amd by chance have you ever seen any of the helmets I mentioned earlier? Thr mandowar helmet on Etsy

Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

―Demagol

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Sep 14, 2017, 07:25 PM »
Makes me a little sad it can't be modified, but why cry over a 66 Fairlane when you're in a 67 Galaxie right?

You're the go-to bucket man, what do you think about TMA buckets? Amd by chance have you ever seen any of the helmets I mentioned earlier? Thr mandowar helmet on Etsy
I know Manofwar who does all the Boba gear. TMA does okay buckets, there are a few people who have had bad pulls and there are others who have gotten what they paid for. They're not terrible though. I'd recommend a few other vendors before them Vassk has a beautiful helmet and the quality is top notch, Droodles, does a great helmet. For a reasonable price, then there's the big hitters of NME and their line of finely crafted helmets, Dha Bral does a few different styles, Iron Forge props has a couple interesting designs. But me personally I prefer shaping my own helmets from Pepakura and hard work.

QMU#084

bolakor

« Reply #9 on: Sep 14, 2017, 09:37 PM »
I know Manofwar who does all the Boba gear. TMA does okay buckets, there are a few people who have had bad pulls and there are others who have gotten what they paid for. They're not terrible though. I'd recommend a few other vendors before them Vassk has a beautiful helmet and the quality is top notch, Droodles, does a great helmet. For a reasonable price, then there's the big hitters of NME and their line of finely crafted helmets, Dha Bral does a few different styles, Iron Forge props has a couple interesting designs. But me personally I prefer shaping my own helmets from Pepakura and hard work.

Mandowar is a helmet design series this one Etsy seller made. The one I'm looking at is like a Legacy Y visor bucket kit. He does all the prep work in terms of making sure it's paint ready, ships them with a Helmet, some padding, a precut visor, and a coat of primer. With the exception of the Y visor setup all you have to do is supposedly cut out the visor area, mild sanding on the primer coat to get it ready for paint, slap paint on it, slap in a visor and they're ready to troop. I haven't seen any of his helmets in any of the kits on the MMCC (To my knowledge) which honestly shocks me because other than the Visors of some not being App ready without modification, they're a stunning series of buckets with some very high reviews, and they're only about 150 average for an almost ready to wear Kit.

« Last Edit: Sep 14, 2017, 10:22 PM by Jaing Garr » Logged
Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

―Demagol

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #10 on: Sep 14, 2017, 10:06 PM »
check with the aPP team but i think zero cool props may be a banned or unapproved vendor.

Jaing

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #11 on: Sep 14, 2017, 10:23 PM »
I removed the Etsy links. Linking to Etsy isn't allowed on the forum :).

Bowfanny it was ZeroCoolPropShop

bolakor

« Reply #12 on: Sep 14, 2017, 10:30 PM »
I removed the Etsy links. Linking to Etsy isn't allowed on the forum :).

Bowfanny it was ZeroCoolPropShop

My bad, sorry

Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

―Demagol

Bowfanny

« Reply #13 on: Sep 15, 2017, 01:55 AM »
Be careful because the quality may look nice but you never can tell. It's better to stick to the folkshere in the trading station.

QMU#084

Tek Sa'an

• OM #1005 - QMU #007 - Vinyl'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Order of the Ori'Ramikad 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #14 on: Sep 15, 2017, 10:01 AM »
I highly recommend NME Props. Those helmets are as smooth and beautiful as the pictures. The quality is beyond amazing. They are durable, thick, heavy helmets. I also agree with trying your hand at modifying your own Boba helmet (BP3). Don't be discouraged. If you have questions about armor or helmets in the future, ask before you trade or purchase. We'll guide you in the right direction.

ORI’RAMIKAD 2020 | OM #1005 | QMU #007 | VINYL'ALOR | IG-85736

bolakor

« Reply #15 on: Sep 15, 2017, 04:19 PM »
Be careful because the quality may look nice but you never can tell. It's better to stick to the folkshere in the trading station.

That's why I am getting as much information as possible before I do any purchase on any helmet or Armor

I highly recommend NME Props. Those helmets are as smooth and beautiful as the pictures. The quality is beyond amazing. They are durable, thick, heavy helmets. I also agree with trying your hand at modifying your own Boba helmet (BP3). Don't be discouraged. If you have questions about armor or helmets in the future, ask before you trade or purchase. We'll guide you in the right direction.

NME I've heard bad things about the wait time on orders, and their helmet designs I like are too expensive for my taste.  I'm going to shop around and find the best I can for my taste and budget,  get as much info as I can,  then purchase.  Be smart about it all

Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

―Demagol

Bowfanny

« Reply #16 on: Sep 15, 2017, 04:29 PM »
Their wait times are down to two weeks currently and they have some reasonable priced helmets in raw form that are worth it.

QMU#084

Tek Sa'an

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Order of the Ori'Ramikad 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #17 on: Sep 15, 2017, 05:06 PM »
Good call, Bowfanny. They do have cheaper raw casts available now. Just by going that route AND not having them install a visor for you, that knocks off about $100 right there. The wait time is long when there's a major con, like Celebration or before Halloween. I waited about 4-5 weeks for mine, but it was soooo worth it. There are some other good helmet makers out there, though. Let me just say this: you get what you pay for with NME. Good luck with whatever you choose. It's all fun.

Naritir Ka'ra

• If at first you don't succeed... reload.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #18 on: Sep 15, 2017, 07:07 PM »
Another word about NME, if you don't mind - Marcus's "B-Pulls" are as good, if not better, than many people's "A-Pulls". If you invest in an NME bucket, you will definitely get your money's worth. And no, I'm not being paid by them, I just know their quality.

I'm looking into using the Target BF as a base of my Legacy - I just don't know if it will be worth it, since I plan on having smooth cheeks. Also, someone in my clan has one, and instead of filling in the dent, they pushed the dent out (from the inside), less Bondo work. I saw it at the primered stage - still needed some sanding, but it didn't look too shabby.

MMCC #1755 | Invasions: 10
BOMB #57 | PMS #8 | MLCS #2 | WB #13 | VABS | MA #175 | MACK #41 | MTS #108 | MARS #66 | GOMOL #28 | MirShebs #16 | Wrang #3

I'll sign autographs, after the smoke clears.
Mk01 OM 4/5/17
F: naritir T: @naritir_kara IG: naritir
Story

Bowfanny

« Reply #19 on: Sep 15, 2017, 08:17 PM »
Another word about NME, if you don't mind - Marcus's "B-Pulls" are as good, if not better, than many people's "A-Pulls". If you invest in an NME bucket, you will definitely get your money's worth. And no, I'm not being paid by them, I just know their quality.

I'm looking into using the Target BF as a base of my Legacy - I just don't know if it will be worth it, since I plan on having smooth cheeks. Also, someone in my clan has one, and instead of filling in the dent, they pushed the dent out (from the inside), less Bondo work. I saw it at the primered stage - still needed some sanding, but it didn't look too shabby.
Not advisable, I've tried it. The heat gun is too much for the plastic. If you do that use a hair dryer.

QMU#084

bolakor

« Reply #20 on: Sep 24, 2017, 09:19 PM »
WEll, after much debate, thought, and copious amounts of internal screaming and manual labor (Keystones and paving bricks that mom just HAD to have at the new house), i have finally decided on what I'm doing.

Since i am essentially starting fresh with my design and dropping allot of my earlier more complex goals (Such as a flamethrower weapon powered by a vape and numerous little fans) i asked myself, "Hey, what's the most complicated thing that can be really simple to do on the first kit?" and it hit me.

Crusade Era.

I'd tossed around my design between early, LC, Modern, NeoC, but never even considered Crusade era. Then, at the behest of Naritir Ka'ra, Tek Sa'an, and Bowfanny, i went poking around NME props at some buckets and i found her.
simpler looking than some I've seen, especially Zerocoolpropshop's buckets, but it just had a certain.... Edge. Something i didn't realize i was looking for was something that was just plain scary to see coming at you with a Beskad and Shield, my weapons of choice.
The Death Stalker.

And I've seen a post asking about this bucket being only Crusade era, so.... Time to crusade my friends.

............. Anyone know what the mandalorian equivelant of Deus Vult is?

Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

―Demagol

Tek Sa'an

« Reply #21 on: Sep 24, 2017, 10:41 PM »
Good choice! Not many of those around. Can't wait to see what you do when you get it.

bolakor

« Reply #22 on: Sep 24, 2017, 10:47 PM »
Good choice! Not many of those around. Can't wait to see what you do when you get it.

Just look for my thread in armor concepts, I've got chest armor drafted up that i am thinking of simplifying and using for my kit

Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

―Demagol

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!