Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bucket complications grow...

• 22 Replies

bolakor

• Deathwatch.. true mandalorians... Me and my Vode.
Bucket complications grow...
« on: Sep 13, 2017, 09:44 PM »
Okay, so, first bucket.
Forge props Demagol design. i was gping to have it fully worked up and pretty..... But then I realized something. My dremel didn't cut my visor out, it mostly melted it out in a rather jagged way. Visor didn't stay in no matter what I did, so it lives on the shelf as a beautiful failure.

Bucket two was an Open seasons death watch.
A trade for a Kylo Ren black series. Well, three months later I still have no bucket and i have heard no word on ot coming beyond the mold having issues every time he goes to work with it, and lately it's been several weeks since I have even heard anything at all. So, bucket two is most likely a lost cause.

Bucket three
So, I'm at a ripping point here. One hand, I can buy another and pray to all the gods of Asgard that it actually comes through, or, I can build my own bucket amd probably throw the better part of 100 bucks total at it and hope it doesn't blow apart on me.

I am very seriously considering dropping my kit and all progress towards it and saying **** it If problems keep up constantly through the whole process. Someone please, some advice would be helpful before i tear my beard out in frustration I what should n a straight forward part of the kit
Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

"You are most welcome here, my dear woman. I have an endless supply of theories about Jedi abilities—yet I keep running out of Jedi."
―Demagol

Re: Bucket complications grow...
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2017, 09:49 PM »
Why dont you give the target boba that came out like 2 years ago a try? It's like 60 bucks on amazon ... just have to cut out the clear visor , get and extend stalk for the range finder, fill the dent , and respray
IG: Zetofett_stills

bolakor

« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2017, 10:32 PM »
Why dont you give the target boba that came out like 2 years ago a try? It's like 60 bucks on amazon ... just have to cut out the clear visor , get and extend stalk for the range finder, fill the dent , and respray

I never knew about it honestly. I steer clear of all things Boba Fett so i don't really look into anything relating to him. (Probably comes from seeing Jango in his sleek and shiny silver armor holding his own against Several Jedi before a malfunction in his pack cost him his head, then seeing Boba get beat by a guy who looked like a teenager without really any effort. )
I'll look into the helmet though, thanks for the tip on that.
Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

"You are most welcome here, my dear woman. I have an endless supply of theories about Jedi abilities—yet I keep running out of Jedi."
―Demagol

« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2017, 10:37 PM »
Haha yea ! At least he look totally bad -censored- in the process  :laugh:
IG: Zetofett_stills

bolakor

« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2017, 11:27 PM »
Haha yea ! At least he look totally bad -censored- in the process  :laugh:

No doubt, Boba is an AMAZING bounty hunter and a great character, but at the age i saw him get munched and how little of him i had seen, he's kinda been dropped really low on the totem pole so far as character's go. Just like the prequels dropped Vader really low for a while. Still not the biggest fan of his helmet design, wish a McQuarie Fett helmet would be approvable for custom kits. Now THAT was a badshebs bucket design
Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

―Demagol

« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2017, 11:35 PM »
the mquarrie v1 is approvable on a custom kit you're just not allowed to modify it. ;)

Bowfanny

• GENERAL SHINANIGUNGIGATOR
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Sep 14, 2017, 03:28 PM »
McQuarrie buckets are approvable for custom paint designs for modern but again they can't be modified.
Also The Target Fett is one of the easier base helmets to mod for custom kits. You can also do Pepakura and spend about $50 on bondo and fiberglass resin and sandpaper.
K.O.M.S. # 037
E.R.A. #033
Dog lobster supporter #38
BoBB#002
MABEL #062
MMCC #1120
Kilted Mando Brigade Member #24

bolakor

« Reply #7 on: Sep 14, 2017, 06:54 PM »
McQuarrie buckets are approvable for custom paint designs for modern but again they can't be modified.
Also The Target Fett is one of the easier base helmets to mod for custom kits. You can also do Pepakura and spend about $50 on bondo and fiberglass resin and sandpaper.

Makes me a little sad it can't be modified, but why cry over a 66 Fairlane when you're in a 67 Galaxie right?

You're the go-to bucket man, what do you think about TMA buckets? Amd by chance have you ever seen any of the helmets I mentioned earlier? Thr mandowar helmet on Etsy
Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

―Demagol

Bowfanny

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Sep 14, 2017, 07:25 PM »
Makes me a little sad it can't be modified, but why cry over a 66 Fairlane when you're in a 67 Galaxie right?

You're the go-to bucket man, what do you think about TMA buckets? Amd by chance have you ever seen any of the helmets I mentioned earlier? Thr mandowar helmet on Etsy
I know Manofwar who does all the Boba gear. TMA does okay buckets, there are a few people who have had bad pulls and there are others who have gotten what they paid for. They're not terrible though. I'd recommend a few other vendors before them Vassk has a beautiful helmet and the quality is top notch, Droodles, does a great helmet. For a reasonable price, then there's the big hitters of NME and their line of finely crafted helmets, Dha Bral does a few different styles, Iron Forge props has a couple interesting designs. But me personally I prefer shaping my own helmets from Pepakura and hard work.
K.O.M.S. # 037
E.R.A. #033
BoBB#002
MABEL #062
MMCC #1120

bolakor

« Reply #9 on: Sep 14, 2017, 09:37 PM »
I know Manofwar who does all the Boba gear. TMA does okay buckets, there are a few people who have had bad pulls and there are others who have gotten what they paid for. They're not terrible though. I'd recommend a few other vendors before them Vassk has a beautiful helmet and the quality is top notch, Droodles, does a great helmet. For a reasonable price, then there's the big hitters of NME and their line of finely crafted helmets, Dha Bral does a few different styles, Iron Forge props has a couple interesting designs. But me personally I prefer shaping my own helmets from Pepakura and hard work.

Mandowar is a helmet design series this one Etsy seller made. The one I'm looking at is like a Legacy Y visor bucket kit. He does all the prep work in terms of making sure it's paint ready, ships them with a Helmet, some padding, a precut visor, and a coat of primer. With the exception of the Y visor setup all you have to do is supposedly cut out the visor area, mild sanding on the primer coat to get it ready for paint, slap paint on it, slap in a visor and they're ready to troop. I haven't seen any of his helmets in any of the kits on the MMCC (To my knowledge) which honestly shocks me because other than the Visors of some not being App ready without modification, they're a stunning series of buckets with some very high reviews, and they're only about 150 average for an almost ready to wear Kit.

« Last Edit: Sep 14, 2017, 10:22 PM by Jaing Garr » Logged
Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

―Demagol

« Reply #10 on: Sep 14, 2017, 10:06 PM »
check with the aPP team but i think zero cool props may be a banned or unapproved vendor.

Jaing Garr

• Moose Minion #1
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #11 on: Sep 14, 2017, 10:23 PM »
I removed the Etsy links. Linking to Etsy isn't allowed on the forum :).

Bowfanny it was ZeroCoolPropShop

bolakor

« Reply #12 on: Sep 14, 2017, 10:30 PM »
I removed the Etsy links. Linking to Etsy isn't allowed on the forum :).

Bowfanny it was ZeroCoolPropShop

My bad, sorry
Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

―Demagol

Bowfanny

« Reply #13 on: Sep 15, 2017, 01:55 AM »
Be careful because the quality may look nice but you never can tell. It's better to stick to the folkshere in the trading station.
K.O.M.S. # 037
E.R.A. #033
BoBB#002
MABEL #062
MMCC #1120

Tek Sa'an

• OM #1005 - QMU #007 - Vinyl'alor
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #14 on: Sep 15, 2017, 10:01 AM »
I highly recommend NME Props. Those helmets are as smooth and beautiful as the pictures. The quality is beyond amazing. They are durable, thick, heavy helmets. I also agree with trying your hand at modifying your own Boba helmet (BP3). Don't be discouraged. If you have questions about armor or helmets in the future, ask before you trade or purchase. We'll guide you in the right direction.

OM #1005 | QMU #007 | M5 #63 | KOVA #14

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!