Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Darrellmac's Modified Helmet WIP

• 2 Replies
Darrellmac's Modified Helmet WIP
« on: Sep 14, 2017, 04:30 AM »
My friends.

I ordered the Rubies Jango Fett Helmet as my first Bucket. Though I do not plan to change it much aside from a coolpaint and weathering, I have decided on one modification, I have a different style of Range Finder. Here is jus a little bit of the concept as I will be working on it as well as my Kit. I had brought this up before with my Kit and this is where it belongs so I have finally gotten it straight.

Here is the opening concept.

I have the pieces in a type of test fit, it will need be broken down for paint process.

This is the first try, I cut the opening too wide , I have another finder box that is very snug but it is disassembled right now to keep parts from damage and set aside for processing.

The Range finder does clear the entire rotation from stored to ready position without incident, If I were an engineer I would have liked to have it motorized and the lens fold, but that is above my pay grade.

Any comments will be wisdom would be welcome of course, I will be adding pictures as it progresses.

With respects,

Darrell
A blade knows only the cut, they who weild it  make it a tool or weapon.

bolakor

• Deathwatch.. true mandalorians... Me and my Vode.
Re: Darrellmac's Modified Helmet WIP
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14, 2017, 09:39 PM »
I can dig that RF setup. Kinda reminds me a bit of Demagol's Range finder. His was like a surgical lens, so it was round and swooped in front of the helmet instead of a straight arm, but they're a similar enough design that i can see it finished and painted up.

For the lens you can do a tinted piece of plastic on a stiff hinge, that way you can fold it out and in depending on what you want to pose like for a Picture
Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

"You are most welcome here, my dear woman. I have an endless supply of theories about Jedi abilities—yet I keep running out of Jedi."
―Demagol

Re: Darrellmac's Modified Helmet WIP
« Reply #2 on: Sep 14, 2017, 11:17 PM »
My friend,

I had not thought of that, I saw this lens in a 'goodies bin' and the whole range Finder came from that. You have just given me food for thought, thanks.

I have made some progress with the helmet.

This is my forst time working with bondo so I am going slow. Any suggestions or experience would be of help.

With respects,

Darrell.
« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2017, 04:35 AM by Darrellmac » Logged
A blade knows only the cut, they who weild it  make it a tool or weapon.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!