Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Rebels Mando Jetpack Build Finished build*

• 10 Replies
Rebels Mando Jetpack Build Finished build*
« on: Sep 21, 2017, 02:14 AM »
Finally thought I'd get working on my jetpack, going, so far so good and rocket currently being printed. 

« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2018, 10:26 PM by shenphong » Logged
Re: Rebels Mando Jetpack Build
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2017, 11:06 PM »
rocket added

Cyberdemon

• Just point me at what you want destroyed
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2017, 04:56 PM »
dude that looks awesome

Lem'zig Dee

• WEAPON OF MASS PERCUSSION
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2017, 11:34 AM »
Beautiful! What file did you use, if you don't mind me asking?

IG  -  @suzylamoureuxdrums
« Reply #4 on: Sep 30, 2017, 10:38 AM »
sorry for the late response.  This was worked on by a friend personally for me.  I'm finishing up the model and adding adjustments to it as I print it out and see what needs to be changed.

Katt

« Reply #5 on: Sep 30, 2017, 10:37 PM »
Looks great!

« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2018, 12:48 AM »
Bit of an update on the pack, the final design is complete at this point.  I will possibly make changes as I go on, one suggestion was thinning out the back mount (updated in the last photo) but I'm pretty happy with it overall at this point.  I've even made a couple add on parts to convert to a more clone trooper jetpack look for those who've asked me to do a custom version. 

Jetpack is easily assembled and pretty lightweight, used magnets to loosely mock up a mounting solution but still working on something a bit sturdier.  The back mount is hollow so you can add magnets or straps or clips for however you want to mount it on your back.

Clone version addon:

Hope you all like it!  This will make a nice addition to my wife's sabine build.

« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2018, 01:36 AM by shenphong » Logged
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2018, 02:07 AM »
Cool stuff vod, that's a rippa 👍🏻

« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2018, 11:09 AM »
Thanks!  now to the fun part of painting and finishing one up.

Cyberdemon

• Just point me at what you want destroyed
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2018, 08:03 PM »
looks awesome

« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2018, 06:58 PM »
Just finished this imperial super commando mando jetpack. Weathered to go with weathered gear. This is the size L version. Yes I forgot to mask off the center...didn't realize that till after I painted it and the back mount could be smoothed out more but since its being attached to someones back and covered, I just left it as a quick job. This was a one day build from assembly, to sanding, priming and paint of the 3d printed jetpack kit. Last photos for reference.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!