Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Once more with feeling... Another S3b Sabine Wren, by Kat

• 22 Replies

Katt

Re: Once more with feeling... Another S3b Sabine Wren, by Kat
« Reply #15 on: Jun 12, 2018, 08:06 AM »
Took her out for a spin for OzComicCon this weekend just gone. Very quickly ascertained the glue I used was crap as the magnets and attachments were all coming unstuck. Boot plates lasted all of one photo and shoulders lifted not long after.

Some close ups of paintwork

So from what I can tell in my non-judge opinion, I know I definitely need to redo all the attachments, the chest plates (which will be the death of me!), all the rockets/darts/appendages on vambraces (crappy glue strikes again) and finish leg flares and bucket obviously.

Anything else glaring I should add to my list as a necessity for approval?

Sabine

• Formerly 'coronae'
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2017 Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #16 on: Jun 12, 2018, 09:43 PM »
You're paint colors look great, but for approval, I think your chest plates are both too wide and too tall. They also may be over shaped. Remember that while Sabine is not particularly busty, her plates are nearly flat, and should just slightly curve in at the edge of the breast (drives me crazy as a D cup, *sigh*). As for the collar plates, based on what I was told my first time through the app team, they'll need to have the shoulder side edges trimmed a hair, and then reshaped so they can be brought into your neck and sit flush to your shoulder ridge (I got dinged there). Then, You'll be able to bring your shoulder plates up (I also got dinged there). Basically they should cover the sleeve seam of your flight suit. Last thing that really stands out is your holster straps may be too short (mine were dinged for being too long).

Here's a great reference image for plate size and shape:

Here's where I think you should trim/shift things:

Hope my mistakes help!

Sabine Wren S2

Tra'cor Clan || MMCC#1593 || M5#71 || NOS#9 || 33 OM Invasions

Katt

« Reply #17 on: Jun 15, 2018, 09:42 AM »
Thanks so much.
The chest plates have been my biggest battle. I'm a G cup so can only get so flat... lol
Point noted on size though also, my pattern was based on the curve of the edge of her top and then I'd done them in foam and then coated in worbla so they were already bigger than my template before I'd even attempted painting.
With the collar it's sitting up from my shoulders, the width when flat to the suit is about 2-3 cms narrower than in my initial (white plate) photos of them. I'll try to grab another photo... hopefully it's just where they were sitting. But again, thank you for input.
The holster I think I need to try again with better spanx to suck it all in, as the belts have obviously progressively ridden up over my hips :(

Katt

« Reply #18 on: Jun 15, 2018, 09:58 AM »
Hopefully clearer, yellow line is seam/shoulder edge

« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2018, 10:02 AM by Katt » Logged

Sabine

• Formerly 'coronae'
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2017 Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #19 on: Jun 15, 2018, 11:01 AM »
Hopefully clearer, yellow line is seam/shoulder edge

Yeah, here it looks right  so might just have to work on getting it flush to the shoulder. I just switched to snap tape myself, they stay flush much better, but I need help to get them on now :/. You should only need to trim the outer edges based on that if the shoulders contact them when you bring them up to cover the seam.

Sabine Wren S2

Katt

« Reply #20 on: Jun 16, 2018, 07:01 AM »
Awesome thanks. One less thing to do! Shame about the other 467 😆
By snap tape do you mean like Velcro or press studs? Not sure if Aussie terms match up.
Thanks again.

Sabine

• Formerly 'coronae'
« Reply #21 on: Jun 16, 2018, 11:48 AM »
It's basically sewable cotton tap that has said pre set so you don't have to worry about spacing them out. Looks like this:

Sabine Wren S2

Katt

« Reply #22 on: Jun 16, 2018, 08:27 PM »
Oh cool. Iíll have to have a look.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!