Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Caorann's First WIP

• 52 Replies

rubyred

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
Re: Caorann's First WIP
« Reply #45 on: Jul 04, 2019, 04:37 AM »
yay  purple! :D love the honeycomb geometric shapes! def following this!

♔All my life men like you have sneered at me. And all my life I've been knocking men like you into the dust.♔
-Brienne of Tarth
« Reply #46 on: Jul 05, 2019, 04:06 PM »
We're getting there! The bucket is finally painted, black washed and clear coated. I was able to cut the pvc pipe to the right length but I don't think I can cut it in half safely with my jury rigged set up and a very old handsaw I found in the garage. So that'll probably change to either a purchase or be made out of sintra. Still have a few soft parts on the go and I'll be trying to mount my armor with velcro this weekend.

« Reply #47 on: Jul 08, 2019, 10:32 PM »
I need more velcro but I had enough to get most of the chest plate done. I know it looks like the right plate is crooked, it's just the way it was sitting when I took the picture. I need more velcro for the sides of the belly plate (which I'm now noticing needs to move up) and also for the shoulder bells. I'll also be getting some nylon strapping for the knees, shins, and boot plates.

rubyred

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #48 on: Jul 09, 2019, 01:16 AM »
gosh, I love this so much! I can't wait to see you all kit up and everything together :D

♔All my life men like you have sneered at me. And all my life I've been knocking men like you into the dust.♔
-Brienne of Tarth
« Reply #49 on: Aug 13, 2019, 10:16 PM »
So it's been a little over a month but I've gotten a lot done, I'll get more photos later cause some should go in my soft good wip. Essentially I found out that the con I was using as my deadline is A LOT sooner and not at the end of the month like the last 2 years. So I'm in full panic creation mode.

Velcro sewn on flak vest: check
Gloves and velcro dyed: check
Loin cloth made: check
Things dirtied up: check
Cloak finally finished edge embroidery: check (to the appreciation of my fingers)
Girthbelt redone: check

The only things left really are the half gauntlets I'm currently working on (one of them was a scrap piece I used to test colours and not wreck my floor cutting sintra so it's got some great damage already), my sidearm (I now know how to use bondo!), the belt buckle, and just getting the velcro/elastic to the boot and leg plates (and arms when they're done).

« Reply #50 on: Aug 15, 2019, 11:31 AM »
IT'S DONE!!!!!!

It's been two years but everything is finally together! I'm going to redo my app photos today because looking back I realized I placed the plates all wonky (it was almost 2am and I was just really excited to see everything together). Also not pictured is the pistol I finished last night.

« Reply #51 on: Aug 18, 2019, 01:30 PM »
Alright so I did some app pics and then was told by someone helping me that my plates were off. I've been trying to get them sorted cause I was really hoping to join in on a troop next weekend but I'm finding it difficult. I think I've sorted out the chest part after doing some reshaping but the ab plate doesn't want to sit flat or as I move it's almost like things shift. Anyone got any advice? Also to note I do have some minor scoliosis in my spine, could that be something affecting it?

App photo I took before realizing the chest plates were off

My boyfriend's attempt at placing them after I reshaped the pieces (don't worry the stripes are my pjs, not a new flight suit)

To note, usually the top part of the ab plate will pull forward so no matter how close I put it to  the chest plates, it always ends up looking like more space is there.

EDIT: So I don't double post, I did some more tweaking by shaping the top of the ab plate in more and that seems to have helped. I also cut down the diamond. I can confirm all the spaces are 1/2 an inch after measuring.

« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2019, 02:10 PM by Caorann » Logged

Ajoliveira

• Proud Member of the Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club
  • Awards 40% increase or more 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #52 on: Aug 18, 2019, 03:43 PM »
Also to note I do have some minor scoliosis in my spine, could that be something affecting it?

Hi Caorann, how are you doing?

I also have scoliosis. You can mention it on you pre-app/app if you want. I did  ;)

And yeah, scoliosis isnít easy to deal with, mostly on plates placement. Yet you did a great job.

AJ

KOVA #0022 | M.A.R.S #52 | M.V.S #52

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!