Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Are these pouches approvable?

• 3 Replies
Are these pouches approvable?
« on: Oct 08, 2017, 09:23 PM »
So i came across some phone pouches at Dollar Tree the other day and thought they had potential. I know the CRLs state "no cell phone pouches for adult submissions" but I've seen other threads on here using the same pouches after modding them.
I started by using an extra piece of "leather" from a donor pouch to close up the side

I then used hot glue to seal the lid in place and make the pouch a little shorter and more of a Jango or Jedi style pouch, at least that's my opinion. The only photo I have for that is of the four pouches together but here it is

If these will work it's just a matter of some weathering to make them ready and if they won't work I'll only be out a few dollars and a couple hours of work. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

OriKad

• Cat#: 0233
  • Awards Special Weapons Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Are these pouches approvable?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2017, 06:35 AM »
Looks like you modified them enough to pass.  If they don't, then you're barking up the right tree with only being out a few bucks and some time.

Ellen

• Call me Sha'el Cla
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2017, 04:10 PM »
I think they look really good! You've inspired me!  :)
Design is everything. Why buy it when you can build it?

« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2017, 07:48 PM »
Wow, thanks, I don't think I've ever inspired anyone before. As much as I would have loved to make my own pouches from scratch I really just don't have the time or skill at the moment for anything more than this simple conversion.
Thanks again for the kind words.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!