Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First kit. Continued.

• 11 Replies
First kit. Continued.
« on: Oct 19, 2017, 05:00 PM »
Hey, since I hadn't posted on my first kit topic for a long time rather than bring the old one back to life I decided to make a new one. For some reason IDK how to post pics from my computer. How would i do that. (It's a Macbook pro) Ok so anyway I decided to go with a Paramando commander. I have the helmet soft parts gauntlets and shoulder armor. IDK how to sew so I got the iron on velcro strips for my chest plates. Do those work as well? Also I'd like to have a green light up visor. Any tips? Ok THX I will post pic ASAP.

I'm just a simple kid trying to make my way in the universe.
Re: First kit. Continued.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2017, 07:29 PM »
bump

« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2017, 09:35 PM »
As far as posting pics from a mac, there are a couple hoops to jump through. Here is how I do it:
1. Take pics with phone, tablet, iPod
2. Plug phone into the mac and open iTunes and Photos
3. After phone connects to your mac, allow your computer to access your photos on your phone (there may be a prompt for it)
4. Import your photos into Photos and then select all the ones you want to post.
5. Go to "File">"Export">"Export # Photos"
6. A window will pop up to choose file type (choose JPEG)
7. Save the photos in whatever folder
8. Then upload using a third party site such as imgur.com

For third party photos sites there is a tutorial with screenshots on this forum. I forgot where it is but one of the moderators or others who have been on longer will know for sure.

« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2017, 08:22 PM »
Thx dude will do.

« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2017, 09:05 AM »
Ok so I added a blast shield thing to my helmet like the ones on the shore troopers. Is that ok cause it doesn't cover any of the visor. (pics coming soon)

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 2017, 09:48 AM »
Probably okay, but pics will help a lot.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Nov 15, 2017, 07:49 PM »
Pics will help a lot.  ;D
And use Imgur for hosting them, it's a lot easier to deal with.

Looking forward to seeing your build, vod.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #7 on: Nov 16, 2017, 10:55 AM »

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #8 on: Nov 16, 2017, 11:55 AM »
For a more detailed guide on posting pictures in your thread, check out this post.

And blast shields are acceptable additions to your helmet.  Although you'll need to repair the area where the right ear cap used to sit - right now it looks like someone ripped it off, and it looks like there's a tear underneath where it was.  If you can smooth that out and make it look intentional, rather than haphazard, that'd be a good thing.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?
« Reply #9 on: Nov 16, 2017, 06:01 PM »
I have a range finder but i don't exactly like how it looks, anyone got any ideas on what I can do? I have until January.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Nov 16, 2017, 11:03 PM »
A couple different ways you could go. You could swap out what you don't like on the RF; you could design one of your own; or you could leave it off completely.  But, if you do that, you have to make sure there isn't a gap where the stalk should be.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #11 on: Nov 17, 2017, 10:36 AM »
Ok that's one option thx. I'll post my armor vest SO FAR. I need more sintra for the stomach piece.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!