Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Your bes'bev and you....

• 22 Replies

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Your bes'bev and you....
« on: Oct 30, 2017, 11:04 PM »
There are occasionally folks who really want to add a bes'bev to their kit.  And some of the bes'bev fans really want one that works.  If you, or a Merc you know, has a bes'bev, working or not, can you post in here?  So we can have a sort of central location for anyone looking for tips to get their bes'bev plans off the ground?

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Ahn'vil Burk'yc

• | House Burk'yc |
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 25 official invasions. EnviroOps Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Your bes'bev and you....
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2017, 08:00 AM »
If I'm not mistaken Dxun Wraithguard clan ( spain ) has a few members who actually have working bes'bevs and know how to play them well :)

Satayi'r

• Unofficial Palalorian / Janitorlorian.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2017, 09:21 AM »
I got a Clarke Sweetone D that I have been meaning to turn into a Bes'shev! I've got to learn how to play the penny whistle first though. But I am working on it as we speak!

"Par Manda'yaim, par cuun vod, o'r kaysh gai solus."

This is why mandos never make it past middle aged, isn't it? Not the bounty hunting. Unsafe hardware use.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2017, 01:32 PM »

I have two. The first one is an "heirloom" one, made from the bone of some creature an ancestor defeated (aka PVC, unplayable).

Second one is a WIP, but working on making it playable.

« Last Edit: Nov 01, 2017, 02:39 PM by Straka Zulu » Logged
MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Naritir Ka'ra

• If at first you don't succeed... reload.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2017, 02:09 PM »
YAS!!!! I am so glad this is here. I know J'khara Vontess from Manda'galaar has a working one. And I want to make one as well. (Being a flutist, this is a natural step for me.)

I'd love to get an idea of how you made yours, what materials, etc. There's not a lot of tutorials out there. I was thinking bamboo - but thought that may be too earthy. Then there's the concern of what kind of tone you would get from pvc, and there's the whole tuning thing, where the holes have to be just so.  Yeah, so many questions.

MMCC #1755 | Invasions: 10
BOMB #57 | PMS #8 | MLCS #2 | WB #13 | VABS | MA #175 | MACK #41 | MTS #108 | MARS #66 | GOMOL #28 | MirShebs #16 | Wrang #3

I'll sign autographs, after the smoke clears.
Mk01 OM 4/5/17
F: naritir T: @naritir_kara IG: naritir
Story

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2017, 03:09 PM »
Found this on YouTube, How to Make an F# Native American Flute: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=otvtEqbAcdE

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Havelock

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #6 on: Nov 02, 2017, 06:24 PM »
Thank you so much for the responses, vode.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
« Reply #7 on: Nov 07, 2017, 02:38 AM »
I used to have a PVC flute that I made some time ago.... Hrmmm... I don't have it anymore, but this sounds like a good opportunity to bring out my creative skills to make another and... 'age' it with a little bit of this and that.  :D

« Reply #8 on: Nov 22, 2017, 03:52 AM »
I actually got me one of those stainless tea infuser sticks
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjzl5cFS8wXLwzH-Nogi-Cs5sgo9_MJMM589dCo9P-mgVDImA

It's  small, compact, and for 2 bucks a great deal :P

« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2017, 08:52 PM »
Well, mine will be here in 8-10 weeks.  There's an Etsy guy that sells custom made ones in either 13 or 17 inch lengths.  Steel with a leather dangly to hook onto your belt... or keychain.  It's not much, but it is a a start.

I'll definitely have to start a picture account on somewhere so I can post pics of the stuff I'm working on without having the Third Party blockage thing pop up.

Straka Zulu

« Reply #10 on: Dec 01, 2017, 09:53 PM »
When you do, use Imgur. Seems to be the easiest site to use.

« Reply #11 on: Dec 02, 2017, 04:46 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion.  I definitely will start an account there.  I need to post a few pictures anyways... that don't have any Mandalorian stuff  in them.

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #12 on: Dec 03, 2017, 09:36 AM »
Here is the forum guide for using Imgur to host and link photos.

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides
« Reply #13 on: Dec 10, 2017, 07:12 PM »
Wheee.... just got the notice that my  Bes'Bev has been shipped!  I wonder how long it will take to get from Portland, Or. to Everett, Wa.

Havelock

« Reply #14 on: Dec 29, 2017, 05:41 PM »
3-4 weeks?   :P

« Reply #15 on: Dec 29, 2017, 07:10 PM »
Ooops.. thought I had posted picks already

Hope these pictures show up.

Straka Zulu

« Reply #16 on: Dec 29, 2017, 08:54 PM »
Nice! 

« Reply #17 on: Dec 29, 2017, 10:37 PM »
It also makes a good deterrant because it's now part of my keychain.  *evil grin*  I think I'm going to keep that one for personal protection and make a PVC one to play. heeheh

Havelock

« Reply #18 on: Jan 05, 2018, 04:46 PM »
It also makes a good deterrant because it's now part of my keychain.  *evil grin*  I think I'm going to keep that one for personal protection and make a PVC one to play. heeheh

:laugh: :laugh:

Awesome

BioKat

« Reply #19 on: Sep 15, 2022, 09:56 PM »
Here’s pics of my ‘stabby flute’ and the pieces I used to make it. Mine’s metal - a welder friend taught me how to braise metal to make it.  Fife was from Amazon and the rest from a big box hardware store.

« Reply #20 on: Mar 11, 2023, 01:10 PM »
I got a Clarke Sweetone D that I have been meaning to turn into a Bes'shev! I've got to learn how to play the penny whistle first though. But I am working on it as we speak!

It's not that different from playing the recorder, I imagine.

Jaa'lir Corvus

• pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #21 on: Mar 15, 2023, 11:54 AM »
Really appreciate this as it's something I'd like to make for myself and/or one of my clanmates. I'll let you know when I get something together!

Jaa'lir Corvus - Field Medic - OM 2933 - Vok'Chi Clan (UK)
Gar shuk meh kyrayc, ne'cuy jare'la osik. (You're no good dead, don't be a stupid POS.)

Straka Zulu

« Reply #22 on: Mar 15, 2023, 12:54 PM »
I might end up picking up a recorder, and swapping out parts.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!