Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Non-animated Westar 35

• 27 Replies

rlobrecht

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
Non-animated Westar 35
« on: Nov 03, 2017, 10:21 AM »
I started building a Wester 35 out of Sintra.  While Google image searching for painting ideas, I came across a 35 in a realistic style (i.e. non-animated).

I have to say, I loved this weapon, but I don't have a 3D printer.  I searched the usual suspects, and found three Etsy stores selling a realistic Westar 35 (I think the same model, but can't be sure).  I know Etsy is not favored by the Mercs.  Two of the three stores have no mention on the forums.  The third is mentioned in two threads, but no obvious comments on their interaction with the store.

This leads me to two questions:

1. Would this weapon be acceptable for an approved kit?  Obviously with a good quality sanding and painting job.

2. Does anyone have any experience with 3DPrintMercMart, 3DpropsNL, or TK421propstop?

Thanks in advance,
Rick

Kotep Dral | Arqet Clan | MMCC #2677 | The OT Guard #63 | B.O.M.B #96

Helmet build - SWJFH-A7R pepakura | Soft parts WIP | Armor WIP | Sniper upgrades
Re: Non-animated Westar 35
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2017, 01:08 PM »
im pretty sure iv seen a few people with those westars on their kits but sadly cant say anything about those sellers!! I know the store who made those files and iv gotten some form him so I know the guy selling the files is good but that's about it.

If at first you don't succeed, try a bigger gun!

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2017, 01:17 PM »
Hey vod!  I have that same 3D print, Thaxos has the file and printed it for me.  He might be able to print it for you too.

Instagram: @evaarla_kal

Obey Wann

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. EnviroOps
« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2017, 01:25 PM »
3DProps NL is Christopher Zuk. I communicate with him regularly on FB. He is good people, and delivers. I have never personally bought from him, but he posts pics about his builds and shipments constantly. I'll PM you his FB info.

MMCC #2223 B.O.M.B. #107
« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2017, 02:50 PM »
i have this file as well and love this piece. I have seen a few people in the forums with this weapon.

Andr_Soul

• I will show no mercy!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 05, 2017, 12:13 PM »

« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2017, 12:27 PM by Andr_Soul » Logged
« Reply #6 on: Nov 06, 2017, 01:21 PM »
Holy crap. That's the first 35 I've ever seen that I would carry. Nice.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Nov 06, 2017, 09:26 PM »
It's a thing of beauty, for sure!
And the Mercs don't really have any problems with reputable Etsy sellers. 

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Nimrodt

« Reply #8 on: Nov 07, 2017, 12:44 PM »
i have some file from him but it is one problem not all what he make  is really 1:1 
definitly the dh-17 is not 1:1

Unbesonnenheit ist das Charakteristikum der Jugend,Besonnenheit das des Alters,und Vorsicht ist der bessere Teil der Tapferkeit.

LightningLion

• Electronics are my thing
« Reply #9 on: Nov 08, 2017, 08:36 AM »
Creator

No real pictures of it printed, sadly, because it's incredibly gorgeous.

Lion's electronics corner

Rionu Custom Electronics for your Mandos
--->> Sales thread

WIP's: Post-Imperial costume. Nite Owl helmet.

Mundo Airsofter - Airsoft news & reviews

Andr_Soul

• I will show no mercy!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 08, 2017, 09:24 AM »
No real pictures of it printed, sadly, because it's incredibly gorgeous.

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #11 on: Nov 08, 2017, 11:16 AM »
This Westar is indeed approved for OM kits.  It is not however approved for Canon builds that require Westar 35's.  For obvious reasons.   ;)

Here's the one I'm currently working on.  Almost done smoothing it out. 

rlobrecht

« Reply #12 on: Nov 08, 2017, 03:34 PM »
Not going for a canon build.  Those look fantastic, Raestin.  Do you mind me asking who printed yours?

Helmet build - SWJFH-A7R pepakura | Soft parts WIP | Armor WIP | Sniper upgrades

Tak'ur

• Ner oyay cuyir tracyn bal tal
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: Nov 08, 2017, 03:47 PM »

Nice to see my Blasters making it onto the forum... 3d printed by Kemir Ordinance & 3d Props and finished by Ashen Kelbon

“When you find yourself surrounded by those who don't know or care who you are, comfort yourself knowing that you are part of something far greater and more powerful than they will ever have the privilege of knowing.”

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #14 on: Nov 08, 2017, 03:48 PM »
Not going for a canon build.  Those look fantastic, Raestin.  Do you mind me asking who printed yours?

Corsec Props did mine.  Pretty standard print though, nothing super high rez.  What you see here is tons of time with filler primer and bondo spot putty...  :P

rlobrecht

« Reply #15 on: Nov 09, 2017, 09:17 AM »
Thanks, guys.

LightningLion

« Reply #16 on: Nov 12, 2017, 05:12 PM »
Anyone could show the 3D print before assembly?

--->> Sales thread

Raestin Ke'Varek

« Reply #17 on: Nov 13, 2017, 03:41 PM »
Anyone could show the 3D print before assembly?

B'kal Cho'l

• V.O.T.S: #101. Grey Brigade and the OT Guard:#114
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan Growth
« Reply #18 on: Nov 15, 2017, 03:21 AM »
Here are mine for my next kit or the next afterwards.. i wanted a really beaten up look though...

LightningLion

« Reply #19 on: Nov 15, 2017, 01:04 PM »
Thanks for the pics! Looks really great, I'll consider buying the 3D file when my kit is in a more advanced status.

--->> Sales thread

rlobrecht

« Reply #20 on: Nov 15, 2017, 02:13 PM »
Those look great.

R. Brek-Madak

• A Bucket Full of CRAZY ! @__e
« Reply #21 on: Nov 18, 2017, 09:44 PM »
i plan on doing some Wester-35's in this fashion, using airsoft D-eagles (maybe ?) as a base, and of course, whatever fitting parts i can scrounge up, mod (to whit, as much as i can), glue up and then paint up. Unlike the main Full Metal Mauser im working on (or any blaster after that), the 35's may not be fully metal.

But yeah, i ran across those elsewhere online i i was like Oh Snap, these just became AWESOME !

« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2017, 10:02 PM by R. Brek-Madak » Logged

LightningLion

« Reply #22 on: Nov 20, 2017, 04:42 PM »
i plan on doing some Wester-35's in this fashion, using airsoft D-eagles (maybe ?) as a base.

Now that you mention, I can see some similarities.

--->> Sales thread

« Reply #23 on: Dec 04, 2017, 03:21 PM »
Hey guys! I saw I was linked in this post so I just thought I'd jump in and say hi. I am 3DPrintMercMart. I print the Westar 35 in one solid piece (no assembly required!) and give discounts to MandoMercs, RL, and 501st.  But shush, don't tell anyone. I'm trying not to advertise because I'm almost doing more business than I can handle without it. Since I started this shop I haven't even been able to get back to work on my own projects!

That said, if any Mercs want the Westar35 (or anything else I make) I can always squeeze you guys in. Just drop me a note with your Merc forum ID on my store and I'll give you a discount code to use.

Anansi

• Ratiin Am Jate'Kara
  • Awards Donated one quarter of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #24 on: Dec 07, 2017, 04:22 PM »
Filler primer and spot putty, you say? Whew, that's going to save me a ton of time because sanding them is a pain in the shebs.

May Hod Ha'ran guide my tongue, may Kad Ha'rangir guide my gun, and may Arasuum guide you to your final slumber.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Cabur Akaata Member 139 | O.S.B.A. 007
Gunslinger - Special Weapons Brigade
Anansi's Longstrike Carbine
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!