Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vests and Mando Armor

• 3 Replies
Vests and Mando Armor
« on: Nov 06, 2017, 05:35 PM »
Okay, I had an idea, but I wanted to run it past the group first.  It's not exactly a vest I'm looking at, it's a long outer robe style that Japanese Warlords used to put on over their armor.  No sleeves, just a really long vest suitably decorated.   Now, fast forward into the future.  Would this type of thing be good for wearing over Mandalorian Armor?

If you want to see what I'm talking about, run a search on Samurai Jinbaori. 
Any and all suggestions and comments are welcome, trust me, I need em.

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Vests and Mando Armor
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2017, 09:39 AM »
Looks like essentially a japanese Duster -- people do those on mandos.  Be sure your shoulder plates are visable-- may attatch them to this instead of flak vest under your armor.  You will still need a vest to mount the armor to.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2017, 12:32 PM »
People wear long sleeveless dusters or trenchcoats in a similar style, so I don't see a problem there.  It DOES look a bit like a haori or jinbaori when it's worn over the armor.

« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2017, 02:21 PM »
It looks like it could be interesting, especially if you use a Wookie Scalp to hold the coat together in the front... or something like that.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!