Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Krann Vaxu WIP.. Kinda

• 3 Replies
Krann Vaxu WIP.. Kinda
« on: Dec 05, 2017, 07:33 PM »
Her is my WIP for my current mando, not OM yet. I have submitted my Pre-App pics and been given a list of fixes I need to complete. Stay tuned and I hope this somehow helps someone :)

My 1st attempt was terrible, and i scrapped the entire kits (plates) I had gotten some bad advice on plate sizing and they had me trim them way too much...

My 2nd attempt i decided to entertain trauma plates. Now that I loved!

I had also made a scratch build helmet, but then the wife bought me an amazing helmet from Restin! and that is now my face!

After the Pre-App pics, my wife ordered me a set of custom made Jango gauntlets too. (mine are painful as all get out lol)

Here are the Pre-App pics:

New Gauntlets:

New Helmet:

The back plate had been my worst nightmare, I have decided to go with a segmented back plate, I wont be adding a jetpack. So the single plate back was not that important to me.

Here is the concept for the back plate:

The yellow lines are some feedback from a great friend. and I will update it when the the back in cut out.

Collar:
I have also made a new collar plate, but it's not pic ready yet. The current one in too wide.

Vest:
My current vest is too big now (lost weight) and the side velcro is in the wrong direction. We will be making a new one....

Thighs:
I will be relocating the thighs to be a bit higher on the leg, to keep from colliding with the knee plates.

Knee:
I will be making new knee armor too. darn 3mm snaps way too easy. 6mm here I come!

Boot Armor:
I will be designing ew boot armor, these were a rushed job to just try and pass (didn't work lol)
Alright there is my WIP, feel free to add some feedback!

« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2017, 08:43 PM by Switchback » Logged

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Krann Vaxu WIP.. Kinda
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2017, 08:55 PM »
Alright!! Great to see your WIP brother. I'll be following along.  ;D

Awesome helmet btw...  :P

« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2017, 09:05 PM »
Alright!! Great to see your WIP brother. I'll be following along.  ;D

Awesome helmet btw...  :P

it's pretty sexy =P

quick update:

I repainted my plates to match the blue on my new helmet and gae them a good blackwash.

And here is after the blackwash and matte clear coat :)

« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2017, 04:26 PM by Switchback » Logged
« Reply #3 on: Jun 03, 2018, 10:52 PM »
UPDATE:

I have been working on the kit,

Here is a from today:

So I have replaced the homegrown helmet with an AMAZING one!
New 100% leather girth belt
New pauldron
New boots and armor
New Gauntlets
New Flack Vest
Removed the thigh armor (will be replacing with DC-17 holsters)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!