Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

New Armor Idea - Need Approval from App Team Member

• 8 Replies

GraTuaVerd

• I'm the Best at What I Do
New Armor Idea - Need Approval from App Team Member
« on: Dec 06, 2017, 04:27 PM »
I have an idea for a new set of armor and I need to see if it can be approved, and if not, some tangible ways to make it approved. Not being pushy, I just need something concrete like "there is too much color" or "stick to two colors" or "that pattern isn't kosher." Something I can work with.

Yogi is making my armor we are submitting for approval already. So I have atleast one armor that should be app approved. This one is one *I* wanna build, but I want to make sure it works for Mercs official use before I start working on it.

This is my main idea:

This is my backup idea:

This my backup - backup idea:

Will any of these work?

Sep Ho'ban

• Formerly 'Quingin'
Re: New Armor Idea - Need Approval from App Team Member
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2017, 04:32 PM »
"too much color" is not a thing.  Patterns are only problematic if they are two earthy,  I don't *think* the hexagons are.  If you want an official ruling on it, might want to post your concept pics to the the App Team Q&A subforum.   

Other than the hexagons, I don't see anything that's borderline about it... and I think they're okay too.
QuinGin

GraTuaVerd

« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2017, 04:36 PM »
Awesome. Thank you so much!

grantaire

• Steve Buscemi rhymes with Mom's Spaghetti
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2017, 04:56 PM »
I've seen members like Lii'kah with hexagonal patterns on their armor and pass. It looks like a solid set of concepts and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

GraTuaVerd

« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2017, 05:15 PM »
I see "admin" in your profile info. Does that mean this is approved...?

8)

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2017, 05:18 PM »
Any of those color combinations would work just fine.  I would, though, recommend you stay away from the hex pattern on the blue plates - it's a little too reminiscent of the comic book Captain America.  That said, the first and third ideas have a better visual flow.
"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
WiP | Havelock's Adventures | Invasions - 5

GraTuaVerd

« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2017, 05:22 PM »
Any of those color combinations would work just fine.  I would, though, recommend you stay away from the hex pattern on the blue plates - it's a little too reminiscent of the comic book Captain America.  That said, the first and third ideas have a better visual flow.

Well, you caught me. That was the inspiration - the Marvel Now Cap with the hexagonal patterns.

So if I stay away from the hexagons, or go with a more universe friendly pattern, I should be safe?

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2017, 05:26 PM »
Sure.  A lot of it comes down to how it looks once it's actually on the armor itself, and the armor is on you.  A design can only take you so far.   :)
"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
WiP | Havelock's Adventures | Invasions - 5

GraTuaVerd

« Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2017, 09:07 AM »
Sure.  A lot of it comes down to how it looks once it's actually on the armor itself, and the armor is on you.  A design can only take you so far.   :)

Very true. I've been thinking that as I look at a lot of other designs that "push the limits" or are wildly creative. It really comes down to application.

Thanks for the input, man. I am going to get started here in the next couple weeks. Maybe sooner if I can get my hands on the right stuff.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!