Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

General blaster question

• 2 Replies
General blaster question
« on: Dec 07, 2017, 09:30 AM »
I realize the most popular modded weapons are Nerf blasters, but Iím looking to build a  bowcaster and need some direction. Also, is that even allowable? Would we even carry such a weapon?

Iím a Wookiee lover, but being only 5í 7Ē (and beyond broke), making a Wookiee costume is not in the cards, so I need to show that love in other ways.

Iíve been thinking about Sintra for the bow part and some form of rigid ball for the ends, but the base body is of more concern at the moment. Any help would be appreciated.

Sep Ho'ban

• Formerly 'Quingin'
Re: General blaster question
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2017, 09:42 AM »
Basically-- if it's an in universe weapon, or it's swarzy, Mandalorians can carry it.    As for WHY you might have a bowcaster -- because you took it off that wookie you killed for credits, or because it was given to you as part of a bounty you took back to Kashyyyk. 

5'7 to wookie height just = stilts...  Or you just could be an adolescent wookie. They aren't BORN that tall. 

Re: the body -- either layered sintra, or layered plywood/mdf. Cut out the layers on a bandsaw, scrollsaw, or with a jig saw, glue together, sand to desired bevel/roundness.   That's also how a lot of verpine shatter rifle stocks get made on here.   Looking for some of those builds will show you some pics of the process.
QuinGin

Re: General blaster question
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2017, 10:00 AM »
Thanks! Iíll have to dig around the garage and see what I can muster up. And yes on stilts, but I can barely walk on the legs God gave me, let alone adding height and the weight of all that fur.  :laugh:

Iím excited to see some of the builds, and I like your back-story idea. That makes me want to craft some claws and put them on soft goods as part of the same bounty...

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!