Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Rishi Ar's WIP or my attemp of Vhonte Tervho costume

• 65 Replies
Rishi Ar's WIP or my attemp of Vhonte Tervho costume
« on: Jan 06, 2018, 09:32 AM »
Hi there!
So many of us have seen beautifull and awesome arts by Tom Hodges with Vhonte Tervho. So many girls wanted to make her costume. So few have deal with it. I'm not an exception - liked very much arts, spent almost a year thinking how to make and put togerther parts of Vhonte's costume and now I want to share with you what I have done and my further progress.

First of all as a concept I'd like to post pictures of Vhonte Tervho just not to forget how she looks like:

And so what is more important - here is my armor. More correctly, my upper armor. Made of aluminium 1.5 mm thickness.

I chose metal as a material of my armor because of the torso plates. I saw how girls from the forum made their breast plates based on mannequin and didn't find the mannequin of my dream. Sintra is not a suitable material for anatomic torso plates. And after many thoughts and searches I decided to make the armor from aluminium. It was an interesting experience cause before that I worked only with ABS plastic while assambling my femtrooper armor but with the help of the blacksmith we have made it! I'm very glad with the result. Hope you too like it.

« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2018, 09:44 AM by Rishi_Ar » Logged

Mashukir Prudiise

• Awards Celebration Chicago Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2017
Re: Rishi Ar's WIP or my attemp of Vhonte Tervho costume
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2018, 12:28 PM »
Aluminium plates are awesome! I love mine!

Your plates look AMAZING! canít wait to see it on!

Zarya Arthos

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2018, 02:20 PM »
This is legit a dream build of mine. Definitely will be checking up on your progress!

Looking for mirrored visors? Click Here!

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2018, 03:05 PM »
Be sure to get pictures on you before painting for sizing. The artwork is not drawn on a to scale figure with armour that actually works well except in this one:

All the rest put the ab plate very low on the torso which inhibits movement and shoves the belts down to hang off the hips instead of settling at the waist (trust me after 9 hours in kit movement is very good and having all the weight on your hips is painful).

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2018, 10:02 AM »
At the end of this week I ended working with Vhonte's blaster. From 3d print to silicone mold and 2 castings primered and ready to be painted.

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2018, 01:57 PM »
Wow.  Those look very nice!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2018, 08:53 PM »
Some nice progress you have there! How do the plates look on ya size wise?

« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2018, 12:23 AM »
Soon I will show armor plates on the vest. Just need a little time to tinker with the vest.   :rolleyes:

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2018, 07:09 PM »
Little jealous of how clean your casts are. Look forward to seeing your armor progress.

Pressure makes gems. Ease makes decay
« Reply #9 on: Feb 03, 2018, 04:10 AM »
Sooooooo... Just need a little ajustments to be satisfied with spacing.

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #10 on: Feb 03, 2018, 07:50 AM »
Kinda hard to say for sure, but spacing looks a lot better vod

Pressure makes gems. Ease makes decay

Myra Tiin

• Outer Space Vandal
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago Mobile Engineers Brigade Member
« Reply #11 on: Feb 04, 2018, 08:51 AM »
This is looking really crisp !
Amazong project, i'll be following this !

Desert ops Brigades - WIP  - Pixel Mandos
 QMU #017 - KOVA #002 - EMTS #118

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #12 on: Feb 04, 2018, 10:46 PM »
Looks very nice now!

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #13 on: Feb 04, 2018, 10:54 PM »
Your spacing is looking really good, and pretty darned uniform.

Where it's circled blue, it's a little tighter than where it's circled red.  But honestly, it's very marginal.  Being a bit of a nit-picky perfectionist on my own stuff, I completely understand being less than satisfied with absolute perfection.   :P  Seriously, though, it's looking great. 

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #14 on: Feb 04, 2018, 10:59 PM »
This looks amazing, great work!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!