Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Harness Help

• 3 Replies

bluecwsoldier3

• Call me Chellhis, or Blue
  • Awards Shock Infantry Brigade Member Force Hunter Brigade Member
Harness Help
« on: Jan 08, 2018, 07:08 PM »
I am wondering if there are any suggestions for incorporating a military style H-Harness as a jet pack harness. The system I used, A modified version of a tutorial I found somewhere on here didn't work on my first troop out. It held fine, but I had the tilt problem common to poorly built harnesses, possibly due to my wife not knowing how to hook it up, but being that she will be my armor assistant I need something easier for her. A 501st guy recommended this https://www.amazon.com/CONDOR-Condor-H-Harness-Olive-Drab/dp/B00865NBZC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1515455945&sr=8-4&keywords=h+harness style harness. (I actually have on on hand) That solves my shoulder mounting problems, but I am trying to figure out how to attach the belt and waste connections for my pack.

I am still a UM, but I would like to work out all possible kinks (That I can think of) before I take my submission pics, so I can hopefully limit the issues to minor tweaks.

bluecwsoldier3

Re: Harness Help
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2018, 01:16 PM »
Hopefully I've come up with a solution on this. We'll fund out when I app. Hopefully soon. Lol

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2018, 01:50 PM »
What did you end up doing?

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

bluecwsoldier3

« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2018, 07:09 PM »
I was looking for metal brackets like those used in the movies, but wasn't able to find them, or at least not a part that didn't need significant modification or cutting, so I ended up cutting some chunks off a PVC pipe and shaped them to the right size and shape for the brackets and screwed them to my jet pack. Tested it last night, it worked great!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!