Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Waist items questions

• 4 Replies
Waist items questions
« on: Jun 10, 2020, 10:59 PM »
Greetings vode!

I'm working on my first kit, and am looking for a little guidance on a sash color and if the gun belt I"m planning on getting will be ok.

First off, here's my current color scheme, minus the kama I'm planning since MandoMaker doesn't have a kama option.

I left the girth belt brown in that, but I'm not sure of that color, since the gun belt I'd like to get is also brown. This is the one I'm looking at.

What do you guys think? Will this belt work, and would having a brown sash and belt look good with the rest of the colors I'm planning?

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."
-Douglas Adams

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
Re: Waist items questions
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12, 2020, 10:04 AM »
The brown would work, but what about a yellow sash and brown belt? There's a lot of red on your mid-section and the brown will kinda blend in with that. Yellow gives it a bit more pop and kinda goes with the rest of your gear.

Oya!

Andry         ; )
« Reply #2 on: Jun 12, 2020, 11:10 AM »
The brown would work, but what about a yellow sash and brown belt? There's a lot of red on your mid-section and the brown will kinda blend in with that. Yellow gives it a bit more pop and kinda goes with the rest of your gear.

Kandosii ner vod!

That sounds dope, I love that idea. Thanks for the input! I'm not really all that experienced with matching colors like this, so this is a great help!

Now to decide on the colors I want to do for my Kama and loincloth. I think I want to do the loincloth in orange and have a black mythosaur skull on it, but I haven't decided on the kama yet. First thought is black with red trim, but I'm not set on that at all.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."
-Douglas Adams

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
« Reply #3 on: Jun 12, 2020, 01:05 PM »
No problemo, ner vod.

Actually, since you have the stripe going on both your legs and arms, maybe you want to consider adding the same to your chest and cod? Doesn't have to be the same vertical stripe, or even a stripe of the same width, but it might be cool. Maybe that's your mando's thing? Maybe even do something like that for your kama?

Oya!

Andry         ; )
« Reply #4 on: Jun 12, 2020, 02:00 PM »
No problemo, ner vod.

Actually, since you have the stripe going on both your legs and arms, maybe you want to consider adding the same to your chest and cod? Doesn't have to be the same vertical stripe, or even a stripe of the same width, but it might be cool. Maybe that's your mando's thing? Maybe even do something like that for your kama?

I was thinking about that already, but didn't try it in MandoMaker. I'm thinking more of an off-center orange stripe or a diagonal one. I'm planning on having a grenade bandoleer of some sort across my chest so maybe a diagonal orange stripe the opposite direction would be cool. For the kama then, maybe a lighter gray with dark red trim and orange stripes somewhere on it? Yeah, that could be cool. I like how you think, vod!

-Douglas Adams

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!