Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Anansi's pistol upgrades (pic heavy)

• 6 Replies

Anansi

• Ratiin Am Jate'Kara
  • Awards Donated one quarter of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
Anansi's pistol upgrades (pic heavy)
« on: Mar 10, 2018, 08:54 PM »
Well, like everyone else, I've fallen down the rabbit hole and I already have a small stockpile of blasters. This past fall I picked up a pair of A-180 b-pulls and a pair of the "realistic" Westar 35s.

The A-180s were pretty solid but needed a bit of work, including evening out the barrel. I also wanted the below barrel rail separate but it needed so reinforcement in order to work.

Once that was done, I filed in the grooves on the base of the barrel and on the lip, as well as drilling out the vent holes and the barrel itself.

Then I focused on the 35. Spot putty, spot putty, spot putty.

and they are ready for their first primer coat.

Additionally, I need a bit of advice: The A-180 fits wonderfully into this old leather m1911 shoulder rig I have but the holster has one problem.

Any advice on how to cover that up?

May Hod Ha'ran guide my tongue, may Kad Ha'rangir guide my gun, and may Arasuum guide you to your final slumber.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Cabur Akaata Member 139 | O.S.B.A. 007
Gunslinger - Special Weapons Brigade
Anansi's Longstrike Carbine
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Anansi's pistol upgrades (pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2018, 05:00 PM »
If it's leather, try stamping something else over it. 

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

reguillet

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2018, 09:23 PM »
Take a piece of leather the same size and sew it over like a patch, but you COULD emboss a mythosaur skull, or some aurebesh, or mandoa

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2018, 12:19 PM »
Take a piece of leather the same size and sew it over like a patch, but you COULD emboss a mythosaur skull, or some aurebesh, or mandoa

This. Or if you don't feel like sewing some leather you could maybe attach/glue on a piece of sintra over it and paint on a logo as well. Also, I love that realistic version of the Westar 35. So good!

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Vassk

• I will make it legal
  • Awards 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2018, 06:46 PM »
Well, like everyone else, I've fallen down the rabbit hole and I already have a small stockpile of blasters. This past fall I picked up a pair of A-180 b-pulls and a pair of the "realistic" Westar 35s.

May I ask who is the maker of those A180 blaster pistols?

Anansi

• Ratiin Am Jate'Kara
  • Awards Donated one quarter of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2018, 09:12 PM »
The Mandalorian known as Ran made 'em.

May Hod Ha'ran guide my tongue, may Kad Ha'rangir guide my gun, and may Arasuum guide you to your final slumber.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Cabur Akaata Member 139 | O.S.B.A. 007
Gunslinger - Special Weapons Brigade
Anansi's Longstrike Carbine
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2018, 09:22 PM »
Those are really nice, vod.  I need to pick up another pair of them.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!