Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First WIP. New to Mercs. All help appreciated .

• 3 Replies
First WIP. New to Mercs. All help appreciated .
« on: Sep 08, 2018, 03:33 PM »
So I'm new to the Merc side of everything. All the help I can get is welcome.

First I would like to know of material best to work with. I also have a  vest for the upper body as well. I'll get some pics up when I can.
Theme for the armor is more on the sides of Demo/ Engineer, So semi heavy armor to medium, just to were its upgraded here and there, or to give a more EOD or Grenadier look. I'm still doodling up some Concepts, ideas and questions to help draw it out are welcome. Plus just general info is always a help as well do to I'm still finding out a lot of stuff on the forums.

Re: First WIP. New to Mercs. All help appreciated .
« Reply #1 on: Sep 08, 2018, 08:18 PM »
Best matterial most people use is sintra. Really lightweight and shapes really well when heated. It comes in 2, 3 or 6 mm thickness. 3 is a good standard and 2 is good for layered details

« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2018, 10:54 PM »
Awesome thanks!

Now I'm actually figuring out what armor to do. They are all so cool. Looking to see all the ones that are Available to do.

« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2018, 12:02 AM by Havelock » Logged

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2018, 12:03 AM »
As part of my moderation duties I must request that you please avoid Double Posting in the forums.  This is against forum rules as documented HERE.

Double Posts - Please refrain from posting immediately after yourself, also known as 'double posting'.
If no one has replied use the "modify" button to update your post.
WIP threads and other similar threads that have new content being added are exempt from this rule, provided the posts have useful new posts being added.
In such exemptions, replies to multiple questions when attempting to catch up should still be combined into single posts.
Moderators will exercise their best judgement, if you feel an error was made please contact the Moderator Lead and Tech Officer via PM.

The posts have been combined.

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing some concept sketches.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!