Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Work In Progress

• 89 Replies
Re: Work In Progress
« Reply #15 on: Mar 09, 2018, 08:26 PM »
I appreciate it! Happy accidents work out sometimes
Looks fantastic so far. I really dig the dye job on your flight suit. Well done, vod.

Click here ---> 2020 Trading Cards
« Reply #16 on: Mar 10, 2018, 04:53 PM »
Got the vest cut out and sewn together today. Iím definitely not a seamstress

Jenga Feet

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #17 on: Mar 10, 2018, 07:20 PM »
Vest is looking awesome! Looks like a good fit

He/Him Pronouns | Kyrimorut Clan | Official Invasions: 36
« Reply #18 on: Mar 11, 2018, 07:28 PM »
Thanks Jenga! Iíll be uploading a almost finished blaster rifle soon!
Vest is looking awesome! Looks like a good fit

« Reply #19 on: Mar 14, 2018, 05:48 PM »
Got my shknees cut out and one formed, what you all think? I have some boot armor to add and to mount and paint everything. Its a process. Input is greatly appreciated on everything I've done. I have boot armor cut and needing formed too . most of this will be attached to the gaiters with exception to the toe cap.

Tal Akaan

• ďDeath...he comes for us all. Greet him fiercely.Ē
« Reply #20 on: Mar 14, 2018, 06:14 PM »
Those things are mean looking Vod, canít wait to see what you do with them!

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #21 on: Mar 14, 2018, 06:43 PM »
For not being a seamstress, you're faking it well.   ;D  And those shin plates look pretty awesome.  Are you going to make them shknees?

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?
« Reply #22 on: Mar 14, 2018, 07:43 PM »
Yes Havelock! They will be shknees!! Thanks for the good words! They and the gauntlets have been some the big pieces that I have been apprehensive about, I just want something different looking, I think I achieved that.

For not being a seamstress, you're faking it well.   ;D  And those shin plates look pretty awesome.  Are you going to make them shknees?

Thanks Vode! This has been one heck of a journey together! I know they will be battle worn and very distressed. If i didn't have your great templates you helped me make for the vest I couldn't have done such a nice vest! Thank you brother!
Those things are mean looking Vod, canít wait to see what you do with them!

« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2018, 09:04 AM by Raestin Ke'Varek » Logged

Tal Akaan

• ďDeath...he comes for us all. Greet him fiercely.Ē
« Reply #23 on: Mar 15, 2018, 07:41 AM »
Not a problem Vod, we are in this together!

« Reply #24 on: Mar 15, 2018, 10:25 AM »
Got my shknees cut, formed, joined together, puttied, and sanded. Time to mount, distress, then paint. These have been really fun to do.

« Reply #25 on: Mar 18, 2018, 12:44 AM »
A little more progress today. Got my neck seal almost completely finished. I just need to put the bottom skirt into it that ticks under my vest. I am pleased with the results.

« Reply #26 on: Mar 20, 2018, 01:49 PM »
Some more updates on the rifle. All painted, may add a little more weathering and som odds and ends, not quite sure though.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #27 on: Mar 20, 2018, 03:48 PM »
Posting for updates.

This is a very interesting build, vod.  I like the shnees you came up with, and that sniper rifle is sick!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #28 on: Mar 20, 2018, 04:17 PM »
thanks Straka Zulu :D it has been fun. The shknees still have a way to go. Iím happy with the progress on them. They need beat up a good bit and painted and mounted still. That sniper rifle was a head scratcher at time. Itís a beast in size, 53 inches long.

Posting for updates.

This is a very interesting build, vod.  I like the shnees you came up with, and that sniper rifle is sick!

Nix Vuur

• MMCC 1804
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 40+ hrs of Charity Work 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #29 on: Mar 22, 2018, 01:02 PM »
 :o This is amazing, vod! You've done a sepctacular job on everything so far and I'm eager to see the finished kit! And that rife? EPIC!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!