Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Work In Progress

• 89 Replies

Darasuum Prudii

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Work In Progress
« Reply #50 on: Jun 10, 2018, 06:01 PM »
This weekend has been very productive! I have my leg armor from the knee down mounted and wearable. I need to go back over all my Chicago screws and either fill in over top of them or paint them.

Also got my left gauntlet construction finished. Just need to add little bits and bobs to finalize the look and figure out what I want to the right. I’m thinking I will go simplier with that one but not sure.

Finally but not lastly, my son is showing interest in my build. I went last night to get a few supplies I needed from Wally World and I come back and he is wearing my leg armor. I think he likes it lol

Here are the last shots of the gauntlet. The black thing in the picture is a LCD mini picture frame that I’m gonna make custom images of bounties that will cycle through. It’s removable with a lipo battery in it. Little bit of sanding left on it. Just wanted everyone to see the progress on it.

And the mounting of the leg armor. Shknees, ankle, and toe caps.

Thigh armor cut and formed. Needs mounted then aged and weathered

And little man enjoying what I’ve done so far :D

Nix Vuur

• MMCC 1804
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 40+ hrs of Charity Work 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #51 on: Jun 11, 2018, 09:07 AM »
Very nice progress, vod! Your weathering looks consistent so you should be good in that department. That last pic is just too cool! You may have a potential merc on your hands :laugh:

Darasuum Prudii

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #52 on: Jun 11, 2018, 12:59 PM »
Thanks Nix! the armor should be fairly easy to be consistent on but the think that scares me to show consist antsy is the boot and gaiter leather and my flak vest and coveralls. I guess I will have to figure out how to tackle that soon.
Very nice progress, vod! Your weathering looks consistent so you should be good in that department. That last pic is just too cool! You may have a potential merc on your hands :laugh:

Nix Vuur

• MMCC 1804
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 40+ hrs of Charity Work 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #53 on: Jun 11, 2018, 01:14 PM »
You can do it! When I was weathering down my flightsuit and other soft parts, I used watered down acrylic paint, sandpaper and shoe polish. I'm pretty sure at one point I threw them in the drive way and proceeded to drag them across the ground :laugh: Thinking about it, it probably sounds(or looks) difficult to do, but when you actually start doing it you'll know how to match it up ;)

« Reply #54 on: Jun 11, 2018, 01:55 PM »
Replying for updates and inspiration. This is one mean looking kit, I love it.

GraniteDad

• Choruk Buir
« Reply #55 on: Jun 11, 2018, 02:09 PM »
Love the work here. Get that kid some armor!

Darasuum Prudii

« Reply #56 on: Jun 11, 2018, 05:41 PM »
GraniteDad, Nellus Karstagg, and Nix! you all are too kind. I feel as if I'm the hoe stretch with all this. I can see the end to this tunnel!

Darasuum Prudii

« Reply #57 on: Jun 17, 2018, 05:10 PM »
Got a good bit done today on my chest diamond. I wanted something different and I think I achieved it. I had member of my local clan, the Black Mountain Guard, 3D print me a diamond with the mythosaur cut out of it. I then cut out a piece of sintra and hollowed the center out to be a sled to fit my leds into and backlight the mythosaur. I used a led conversation build used for automotive purposes, deconstructed it and made it into my lighting that would fit inside my diamond. I Cust out a few layers of white plastic to diffuse the light and powered it all with 2 - 18650 batteries. I’m happy with the progress so far. Just can’t make up my mind on if I wanna keep the leds white or do a red filter on it. I like both. I do know one thing, 60 LEDs in this definitely is, well plenty  ;D

Nix Vuur

• MMCC 1804
« Reply #58 on: Jun 18, 2018, 08:27 AM »
Dude, that's awesome! Very clever idea ;D

Darasuum Prudii

« Reply #59 on: Jun 18, 2018, 11:10 PM »
Thank you Nix! The chest diamond and the gauntlet I have with the LCD screen was something I wanted to do from the very beginning!!!
Dude, that's awesome! Very clever idea ;D

Some more progress pics. I added some white to my kit. Starting on the shknees and will be thrown in to the rest of the kit. It needs a little something more to make it stand out.

Also found a old police belt from a local thrift shop for my ammo pouches to be on and to hang my trophy hilt on that I got from my buddy who is a member of the Rebel Legion. I attached some pictures of the girth belt belt, ammo belt, and my side arm and holster on. I need to weather and age everything to get it where I want it. Tell me what you all think!

Nix Vuur

• MMCC 1804
« Reply #60 on: Jun 19, 2018, 09:14 AM »
Digging those pouches! And the white on the shins definitely make a difference, subtle but good!

When it comes to your holster, it's been my experience that they are trying to move away from tactical/nylon gear so I'm not entirely sure that the holster would pass without some modification. We're trying to look as though we'd blend right in at the Mos Eisley Cantina :laugh: What you could do to modify it is maybe add some sintra to to the holster itself to  make it appear more swarzy?

Here is a  link where tactical gear has been modified:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=127611.msg1686398#msg1686398

But hey, vod, that's a very minor fix and with your work thus far I'd say you could knock this out quickly! Keep up the amazing work!

Byron_Grom

• Fortune favors the prepared
« Reply #61 on: Jun 19, 2018, 04:25 PM »
Man, this is really coming along. Like many have said, those shnees are awesome, and I like the diamond. I agree with Nix, on the holster. A couple of sintra armor plates to cover the nylon will help for sure.  :like:

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #62 on: Jun 19, 2018, 06:19 PM »
They prefer leather, but the tac-gear can pass.  But, yeah, some modification will help.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Darasuum Prudii

« Reply #63 on: Jun 22, 2018, 12:11 AM »
Nix, Byron, and Straka I have modded the holster still have some work left to do but it is armored up! Still need to weather and paint and weather some more. Will prob add something to help keep my sidearm in. But here is what I have done. Thanks for your all’s commenting on my thread! It helps a lot!

Nix Vuur

• MMCC 1804
« Reply #64 on: Jun 22, 2018, 10:42 AM »
Now that's how you modify a holster!! Nicely done  :like:

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #65 on: Jun 22, 2018, 10:52 AM »
Now that's how you modify a holster!! Nicely done  :like:
:like: :like:

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Darasuum Prudii

« Reply #66 on: Jun 22, 2018, 08:42 PM »
Thank you Nix and Straka! I am going to my first armor party tomorrow with the Black Mountain Guard! I'm so excited to see them! I'll be with any luck getting all my armor laid out and final mold on chest and back done tomorrow. I have everything cut out and mounted just need it all fine tuned so I can get plate approval then start painting!!!

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #67 on: Jun 23, 2018, 04:12 PM »
Nice work so far, you have some awesome parts going into this! Overall, good quality!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Darasuum Prudii

« Reply #68 on: Jun 23, 2018, 10:08 PM »
Thank you Kol!   Got a little work today. Need some more Velcro holding things together but I do believe I’m on the right track. The forward facing pic I didn’t have my neck centered up on the opening like a goober.

Nice work so far, you have some awesome parts going into this! Overall, good quality!

Kol Varek

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #69 on: Jun 24, 2018, 03:22 PM »
Looks like they're close, the ab might need adjustment.  It may need to be trimmed on the edges that border the chest plates. Not to worry though, they almost always need that adjustment, I know they did on mine! Left shoulder might need to come up just a hair, but well done nonetheless! I'll be keeping an eye on your work!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Noevex Torust

• Awards Boba and Jango
« Reply #70 on: Jun 24, 2018, 09:36 PM »
Looking great my friend!! Can’t wait until we can troop together once it’s finished! AND... Since you won’t give me that rifle, at least send me the blueprints to it  :P.

- “Be not afraid of any man that walks beneath the skies. Though big he be or small you be, for I will equalize”.

Darasuum Prudii

« Reply #71 on: Jun 25, 2018, 10:45 AM »
I have trimmed the ab plate down some where suggested. Also here is some looks at what my paint schemes I’ll look like and how I’m gonna attach my cape. Some of the angles aren’t the best on the figment pics but you get the idea. I have right at a thumbs spacing around everything other than the diamond.

Looks like they're close, the ab might need adjustment.  It may need to be trimmed on the edges that border the chest plates. Not to worry though, they almost always need that adjustment, I know they did on mine! Left shoulder might need to come up just a hair, but well done nonetheless! I'll be keeping an eye on your work!

« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2018, 10:52 PM by Doonpenn » Logged

Nix Vuur

• MMCC 1804
« Reply #72 on: Jun 26, 2018, 08:52 AM »
Spacing looks good! When you put it on though I think the collar plate might have shifted up just a bit your right side.  You might just make sure it's even when you put on the flak vest next time for photos  ;) Loving the design too!

Kol Varek

« Reply #73 on: Jun 26, 2018, 02:14 PM »
Looking better, however the ab is gonna need to be trimmed slightly on those top two edges, it's a bit too tall at the moment but you're close! Can't wait to see more!

Darasuum Prudii

« Reply #74 on: Jun 26, 2018, 10:36 PM »
Im afraid if I cut touch off it it won’t be tall enough for my body build. I’m 6’2” and I’m about half an inch above my belly button where the bottom of my ab plate sits. I painted he plates to help with visibility too in this pic. Kol can I get a better idea of what you are wanting please?

Looking better, however the ab is gonna need to be trimmed slightly on those top two edges, it's a bit too tall at the moment but you're close! Can't wait to see more!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!