Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Nano Reyson Legacy

• 52 Replies

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Celebration Chicago
Nano Reyson Legacy
« on: Feb 18, 2018, 02:03 AM »
Was working on a different  armor then decided to scrap that idea. That WIP is in my signature, but seeing as I'm now working on a Legacy armor, updating there and here makes sense.

So here's my progress so far. Sanding and cutouts are done, I should be shaping them tomorrow, then on hold till the Chicago screws come in. I'm keeping most from what I've done originally, but changing chest and back plate to legacy.

back plate

Shaping:

« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2018, 04:57 PM by domininaldo1981 » Logged

It is better to be a Warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war

Raynos Ge'tal

• Give me a call, I'll build with you.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
Re: Nano Reyson Legacy
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2018, 08:44 PM »
looking nice, loving the ideas coming forward. little advice as I am helping my brother build the similar kit, the plates need to sit a bit higher up about 2 to 3 inches on your chest. keep us updated!

Invasions Total: 23 |2019: 4| 2018: 12|2017: 7|Educational Events on Record: 13| Joined 03/2017|Upgrade WIP Here
OG PRE-APP 2016

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Celebration Chicago
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2018, 11:04 PM »
looking nice, loving the ideas coming forward. little advice as I am helping my brother build the similar kit, the plates need to sit a bit higher up about 2 to 3 inches on your chest. keep us updated!

Yeah, I was having trouble with the tape. Here's some updated photos. I know I have some more shaping to fine tune.

Raynos Ge'tal

• Give me a call, I'll build with you.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2018, 10:20 AM »
I think heating the ends of the collar and bowing it slightly in the middle, repeating the process with the chest and finally curling the ends and tucking them inwards would help a ton with shaping here and alignment. have you reached out to your local ruus'alor to help with getting things shaped a little easier? It is always a pain trying to do it all yourself. 
nice work so far!

Invasions Total: 23 |2019: 4| 2018: 12|2017: 7|Educational Events on Record: 13| Joined 03/2017|Upgrade WIP Here
OG PRE-APP 2016

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2018, 11:22 AM »
Redraynos has good advice here vod.  That center crease will help everything sit on you better even though it means the very middle of the plates arent touching you, then bend the ends in around a piece of like 4 or 6 inch pvc pipe, and that should eliminate the air gaps.  You're making good progress, following with interest!

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2018, 01:12 PM »
I think heating the ends of the collar and bowing it slightly in the middle, repeating the process with the chest and finally curling the ends and tucking them inwards would help a ton with shaping here and alignment. have you reached out to your local ruus'alor to help with getting things shaped a little easier? It is always a pain trying to do it all yourself. 
nice work so far!

I have my original WIP on clan page, I just decided to scrap the torso armor idea and switch to legacy, but yeah, the clan mates have been great help as well.

Redraynos has good advice here vod.  That center crease will help everything sit on you better even though it means the very middle of the plates arent touching you, then bend the ends in around a piece of like 4 or 6 inch pvc pipe, and that should eliminate the air gaps.  You're making good progress, following with interest!

I love your work, and the strapping guide! I've smoothed some of it last night, once I get a chance I'll post updated pics.  Thanks for the advice and encouragement!

ok, updates. Still some smoothing and then slight trimming on parts

« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2018, 01:40 PM by domininaldo1981 » Logged

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2018, 11:41 PM »
more shaping done

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2018, 12:12 PM »
Thanks for the compliments!  Your plates are looking much better now!

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
« Reply #8 on: Feb 22, 2018, 03:26 PM »
Thanks for the compliments!  Your plates are looking much better now!

Thanks vod! Clan has an AP this weekend so I'm hoping to get straps and paint done or close to done.

Sep Ho'ban

« Reply #9 on: Feb 22, 2018, 03:27 PM »
awesome.  You going back plate or cape?

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
« Reply #10 on: Feb 22, 2018, 03:30 PM »
awesome.  You going back plate or cape?

Both, I have a cape, adding the back plate

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
« Reply #11 on: Feb 25, 2018, 09:44 PM »
Update from the weekend and AP: New paint job on bucket plus new visor. Back shaped with most screws in. Front screws in and primer started (pic heavy)

Sep Ho'ban

« Reply #12 on: Feb 25, 2018, 11:00 PM »
Helmet looks good :) Plates are coming together!

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
« Reply #13 on: Feb 26, 2018, 04:56 PM »
Helmet looks good :) Plates are coming together!

Thanks vod!

Question for anyone that can, I have the Pauldron patterns assembled from the Drake Legacy templates....is there a tutorial in terms of shaping and mounting?

Sep Ho'ban

« Reply #14 on: Feb 26, 2018, 05:04 PM »
based on the pics of them on Drake, I think crease at the center, right angle bends where the edge of the arc starts.  Bolt on to the top of the collars/first chest plate.  I never really liked the style of them, so I went a custom route, that I still wound up not liking that will get fully resolved on my upgrades.  Should be doing assembly work Wednesday if all goes to plan, so I'll post updated pics on my WIP here in the legacy sub forum if it does.  If not, I'll post pics later lol.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!