Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Nano Reyson Legacy

• 52 Replies

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Celebration Chicago
Re: Nano Reyson Legacy
« Reply #15 on: Mar 02, 2018, 12:38 AM »
I cut shoulder pauldrons tonight. Work has been busy so always too tired when I get home.  Forgot to take pics, but still need to sand and shape. Some new pics testing out where shoulder straps will go.

It is better to be a Warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #16 on: Mar 02, 2018, 10:45 AM »
Making progress :)  Right shoulder part of backplate needs a touch more shaping.   Adding straps to connect the bottom front plate and bottom back plate will tell you more about how much shaping reminds on the bottom part of the back plate.  Wish you luck on the shoulder strap situation, I am almost happy with mine finally... just a little more to go.

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Celebration Chicago
« Reply #17 on: Mar 02, 2018, 11:34 AM »
Making progress :)  Right shoulder part of backplate needs a touch more shaping.   Adding straps to connect the bottom front plate and bottom back plate will tell you more about how much shaping reminds on the bottom part of the back plate.  Wish you luck on the shoulder strap situation, I am almost happy with mine finally... just a little more to go.

thanks. Yeah, I'm hoping to get the straps in this weekend and finish shaping. I'm still debating if I'm going to do a reinforced sintra shoulder strap from collar armor to back plate or just the nylon strap.

I also made the mistake on by chicago screws, so debating whether I keep it one big solid piece, or remove the screws add straps and bondo holes I made (right now screws hold the plates together)

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #18 on: Mar 02, 2018, 11:52 AM »
Once you get the side straps on, wear it around the house for a bit, and see what you think.  I learned more on my first troop about what needed changing on my kit than the whole time I was building it.

My straps are mounted with Chicago screws, but I get what you're saying about having to then relocate holes.

I went with leather straps between my collars, and currently plan to leave them exposed. but may eventually cover with sintra.   Originally that space was covered by my shoulder mounts.

Barn

« Reply #19 on: Mar 02, 2018, 06:13 PM »
Once you get the side straps on, wear it around the house for a bit, and see what you think.  I learned more on my first troop about what needed changing on my kit than the whole time I was building it.

Great advice. I had a similar experience.

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
« Reply #20 on: Mar 03, 2018, 10:55 PM »
I'll start this off by saying...having a 7yr old take pics isn't always great :/
I still need the shoulder straps and shape pauldrons better and make sure back plate is adjusted good, but with that said, straps for front to back are in place and shoulder pauldrons are just about there as well.

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
« Reply #21 on: Mar 05, 2018, 09:18 PM »
after almost 2 days out of commission because I was ill (I guess I shouldn't have been outside in the windy cold working on my kit Saturday lol) I just did very little work. Got nylon straps in the shoulders.....but I have to figure out how to reinforce them. I'm not confident it will hold up :(

Ruus bal'Neta

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018
« Reply #22 on: Mar 07, 2018, 05:52 PM »
Try putting a washer in between the Chicago screw and the nylon strap. That will help spread some of the load on the strap so its not putting stress on one small spot.

Tra'alor, Manda'galaar Clan / OM #1686 1/12/17 / Invasions: 126
Ruus bal'Neta - Brigade Member #253 - Vanguard Division / Shock Infantry / Droid Hunter (MMCC 1st approved 1/18/18)
Kyr’am Tyrahr #1686B approved 11/23/18 / Striker Division / Special Operations / Privateer 10/16/19
Conclave Warden
CAO Team
Former Ruus'alor (2018)

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
« Reply #23 on: Mar 14, 2018, 03:42 PM »
Slight update, it's been raining a lot so when I actually have time to work on the kit, it's raining. However, in between I was able to primer and get different coats of paint and some weathering. When I get a chance to upload pics will do. Getting close to being done, just need some minor tweaks on soft goods

Update time:

Almost there, in between all the rain, got all this done (shoulders are done but didn't take a completed pic)

Base coat

middle layer

top layer and weathering...just need black wash and some lightsaber scorch marks

shoulders (not final)

« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2018, 01:04 AM by domininaldo1981 » Logged

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
« Reply #24 on: Apr 08, 2018, 01:14 PM »
So, while I wait for guantlets, decided to take a pic with the minor adjustments i've made. I still need to perfect the leg wraps, I just can't them to sit right. Also, possibility of bicep, shin and thigh armor (or wait to upgrade later).

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #25 on: Apr 08, 2018, 03:05 PM »
Looking good.
Wraps look like they need more length to them. I have leg wraps for another project and a 1.5 inch wide wrap needs 5 meters of length to give a decent cover, non slip wrap on my shins from ankle to under knee.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

WIP's: EC, Twi'lek, Demolitions

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #26 on: Apr 08, 2018, 04:10 PM »
Looking very good indeed! I heartily encourage biceps, thighs and shins on Legacy, just because the chest plates have such a heavy feel to them.

With the straps on the chest plates, well my last main kit before I retired was Legacy, and eventually I just fused the chest and ab plates together. I didn't notice a very serious decrease in flexibility compared to having them separate, and fused together meant I didn't have to mess around with the positioning every time I put them on or moved to much.

This is coming out great so far.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
« Reply #27 on: Apr 08, 2018, 07:46 PM »
Looking good.
Wraps look like they need more length to them. I have leg wraps for another project and a 1.5 inch wide wrap needs 5 meters of length to give a decent cover, non slip wrap on my shins from ankle to under knee.

Yeah, I bought a cheap pair at Dollar store. Ordered a longer pair now. Thanks for the kind words and advice

Looking very good indeed! I heartily encourage biceps, thighs and shins on Legacy, just because the chest plates have such a heavy feel to them.

With the straps on the chest plates, well my last main kit before I retired was Legacy, and eventually I just fused the chest and ab plates together. I didn't notice a very serious decrease in flexibility compared to having them separate, and fused together meant I didn't have to mess around with the positioning every time I put them on or moved to much.

This is coming out great so far.

Thank you. Yeah, I went one fused chest piece with Chicago screws. Only strap is a seatbelt nylon at the shoulders that have chest and back together. I definitely eventually will be adding biceps and thigh and shin to be heavy melee since i love Samurai's.

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2018, 03:40 PM »
Updated Pics:

My daughter took them, and she's 7 turning 17 so it was a struggle  :P

Sep Ho'ban

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2018, 07:05 PM »
This kit has come a really long way Vod! :)

I see a couple of paint runs on the top plate of your backplate that you might want to sand back. 
Your kama really stands out as being more weathered than the rest of the kit. 

Other than that just a couple of questions :)

Is your helmet 3d printed?

Do your gauntlets cover at least 2/3rds of the lenght of your forearm from wrist to inside of the elbow?

You're getting close!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!