Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Nano Reyson Legacy

• 52 Replies

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Nano Reyson Legacy
« Reply #25 on: Apr 08, 2018, 03:05 PM »
Looking good.
Wraps look like they need more length to them. I have leg wraps for another project and a 1.5 inch wide wrap needs 5 meters of length to give a decent cover, non slip wrap on my shins from ankle to under knee.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #26 on: Apr 08, 2018, 04:10 PM »
Looking very good indeed! I heartily encourage biceps, thighs and shins on Legacy, just because the chest plates have such a heavy feel to them.

With the straps on the chest plates, well my last main kit before I retired was Legacy, and eventually I just fused the chest and ab plates together. I didn't notice a very serious decrease in flexibility compared to having them separate, and fused together meant I didn't have to mess around with the positioning every time I put them on or moved to much.

This is coming out great so far.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #27 on: Apr 08, 2018, 07:46 PM »
Looking good.
Wraps look like they need more length to them. I have leg wraps for another project and a 1.5 inch wide wrap needs 5 meters of length to give a decent cover, non slip wrap on my shins from ankle to under knee.

Yeah, I bought a cheap pair at Dollar store. Ordered a longer pair now. Thanks for the kind words and advice

Looking very good indeed! I heartily encourage biceps, thighs and shins on Legacy, just because the chest plates have such a heavy feel to them.

With the straps on the chest plates, well my last main kit before I retired was Legacy, and eventually I just fused the chest and ab plates together. I didn't notice a very serious decrease in flexibility compared to having them separate, and fused together meant I didn't have to mess around with the positioning every time I put them on or moved to much.

This is coming out great so far.

Thank you. Yeah, I went one fused chest piece with Chicago screws. Only strap is a seatbelt nylon at the shoulders that have chest and back together. I definitely eventually will be adding biceps and thigh and shin to be heavy melee since i love Samurai's.

It is better to be a Warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war
M.V.S 080 l L.O.B 61 l V.O.T.S 90

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2018, 03:40 PM »
Updated Pics:

My daughter took them, and she's 7 turning 17 so it was a struggle  :P

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2018, 07:05 PM »
This kit has come a really long way Vod! :)

I see a couple of paint runs on the top plate of your backplate that you might want to sand back. 
Your kama really stands out as being more weathered than the rest of the kit. 

Other than that just a couple of questions :)

Is your helmet 3d printed?

Do your gauntlets cover at least 2/3rds of the lenght of your forearm from wrist to inside of the elbow?

You're getting close!

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2018, 08:40 PM »
Oh yeah, awesome work vod!

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2018, 09:10 PM »
This kit has come a really long way Vod! :)

I see a couple of paint runs on the top plate of your backplate that you might want to sand back. 
Your kama really stands out as being more weathered than the rest of the kit. 

Other than that just a couple of questions :)

Is your helmet 3d printed?

Do your gauntlets cover at least 2/3rds of the lenght of your forearm from wrist to inside of the elbow?

You're getting close!

I didn't notice the paint, thanks.

I'll definitely add more to my soft parts to match Kama. I figured Kama is what gets caught the most from being fired at and also just terrain, bushes, dirt etc. So I purposely weathered it a bit more.

Gauntlets do cover 2/3

Bucket is printed

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2018, 01:02 AM »
Roger that, the extra weathering on the kama over the other parts makes sense, it's just a pretty dramatic difference.   don't start putting holes in your flight suit, but you could do some patched/repaired spots if you wanted to.  :)

The bucket's got a few places where it's still showing the printed texture.  Like the left facing pic, between the cheeks and the earcap, but it's not really all that bad.  Check with your Ruu to get their word on it.

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
« Reply #33 on: Jul 08, 2018, 12:33 PM »
Wow, I realize I haven't posted in forever. Still slowly trucking a long. Of course, I had a bad mishap at last AP...wind knocked over my crate on my kit and snapped shoulders in half :( So to save time, and the fact that I'm losing weight and want to be approve before I have to start over on a new kit lol, I'm using old shoulders from my first attempt at modern kit and added some TK style shoulder straps. Only thing left to do is re add the chicago screws where old shoulders were to hide the holes

Sep Ho'ban

« Reply #34 on: Jul 08, 2018, 01:23 PM »
Glad to see you back at it!   :)  :porg2:

Be sure to address the gap between your collar and top chest plate -- it may not be there when you kit up, just because it's on the mannekin, but just make sure there isn't a gap there when you're in kit.

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #35 on: Jul 08, 2018, 07:24 PM »
Have I just missed that 3D diamond before now? That's such a cool touch, like a giant gem.

And as for the holes - use one to tie trophies too :P Totally didn't fill a mis-aligned rivet hole in my armour that way.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
« Reply #36 on: Jul 08, 2018, 07:45 PM »
Glad to see you back at it!   :)  :porg2:

Be sure to address the gap between your collar and top chest plate -- it may not be there when you kit up, just because it's on the mannekin, but just make sure there isn't a gap there when you're in kit.

Yeah when on the Gap doesn't show.

Have I just missed that 3D diamond before now? That's such a cool touch, like a giant gem.

And as for the holes - use one to tie trophies too :P Totally didn't fill a mis-aligned rivet hole in my armour that way.

Great thought

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
« Reply #37 on: Jul 13, 2018, 09:41 AM »
The important thing to keep in mind with setbacks is to not let them discourage you, which you clearly haven't. Still looks good even with the modern era shoulders.

« Reply #38 on: Jul 13, 2018, 10:06 PM »
I agree with slade. Ive got to be on my 1000000th version of my first approvable armor and after 4 years, still go I g strong.
I actually like the tk straps. Ive thought of that before.

Tek Sa'an

• OM #1005 - QMU #007 - Vinyl'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Order of the Ori'Ramikad 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #39 on: Jul 31, 2018, 10:44 AM »
I like your strapping system within your armor. The TK straps are a nice touch, too. Excellent work.

ORI’RAMIKAD 2020 | OM #1005 | QMU #007 | VINYL'ALOR | IG-85736

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
« Reply #40 on: Aug 16, 2018, 11:52 PM »
Got the go ahead an official app is in. Fingers crossed

Tek Sa'an

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Order of the Ori'Ramikad 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #41 on: Aug 17, 2018, 09:09 AM »
Good luck! It looks great.

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
« Reply #42 on: Aug 17, 2018, 09:19 AM »
Good luck! It looks great.

Thanks Vod! I'll be hitting up the signature request once all said and done. Now I just need a cartoon version of myself :)

Tek Sa'an

« Reply #43 on: Aug 17, 2018, 10:01 AM »
I'm always glad to help make signatures. For the cartoon version, check out Tevis Rholar's work: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=126311.0

Sep Ho'ban

« Reply #44 on: Aug 17, 2018, 01:35 PM »
Good luck vod! It's come a long way!

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
« Reply #45 on: Aug 17, 2018, 01:51 PM »
Good luck vod! It's come a long way!

Thanks Vod! Glad I was able to get it in because I already need to "upgrade" soon. Down 36lbs and counting so new flight suit will be needed soon.

Raynos Ge'tal

• Give me a call, I'll build with you.
  • Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #46 on: Aug 17, 2018, 08:53 PM »
Good luck vod.

|Joined 03/2017| Troop Total: 50

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
« Reply #47 on: Sep 01, 2018, 12:22 PM »
Now official!

Tek Sa'an

« Reply #48 on: Sep 01, 2018, 12:53 PM »
Congratulations!! Great kit!

Sep Ho'ban

« Reply #49 on: Sep 01, 2018, 01:09 PM »
Congrats man !

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!