Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Naran Baatar- Builds a New Kit for a New Character.

• 29 Replies

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Naran Baatar- Builds a New Kit for a New Character.
« on: Feb 21, 2018, 08:40 PM »
Hello hello again,

So the other half and I have decide that we really want to have a single set of kits that pair nicely with one another. We when back and forth on era and design for a good long while now and while it is still very much so winter. Some process has been made toward completing these two kits. These will be "new" characters for the both of us. I am making a directed effort to make this kit VERY different from what I have done before. Still a long way to go before everything is done. But I have gotta to the point in the build that I really need to get a W.i.P fired up.

Anyway pictures!

Plates shaped and the base bronze color in place

Post highlight and first round of washes

Weathering and Detail work started

Armor vest, kama and sash.

Custom take on the EE-3 Blaster

Still have a TON to do, the belt is also made and I will be rigging up the chest and backplates together in the near future. Flight suit should be here by tomorrow and then I will do a full soft goods kit up. Beyond that need to finish shaping the shnees, work out a plan for the gauntlets, wait of my fancy blue mirrored visor to arrive and do a whole lot more detail painting and soft good weathering. But progress is underway. Feels nice to be building again

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
Re: Naran Baatar- Builds a New Kit for a New Character.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2018, 10:26 PM »
Looking good Naran! Like the quilting on the softgoods, and the 1.5 tone paint job :)  Where's the WIP for your wife?

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2018, 10:38 PM »
Not started yet, her kit is still only in the soft good stage and well since it is her W.i.P for her third kit, I will just build the thing, running the W.i.P is her job :)

Arkham

• Awards Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions Special Weapons
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2018, 01:29 PM »
Looking real good. I can't wait to watch this progress.

Arkham's WIP

Tra'cor Clan // G.O.M.O.L # 032 // M.V.S #68 // O.O.P.S.! #52 // L.O.B #49

Ruus bal'Neta

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2018, 01:58 PM »
So are the chest and back plates bolted together or strapped?

Tra'alor, Manda'galaar Clan / OM #1686 1/12/17 / Invasions: 126
Ruus bal'Neta - Brigade Member #253 - Vanguard Division / Shock Infantry / Droid Hunter (MMCC 1st approved 1/18/18)
Kyr’am Tyrahr #1686B approved 11/23/18 / Striker Division / Special Operations / Privateer 10/16/19
Conclave Warden
CAO Team
Former Ruus'alor (2018)

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2018, 03:51 PM »
They are articulated, so "kinda" bolted together. The attachment point on the under plate has range to allow chicago screw to move.

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2018, 04:45 PM »
Looking good, Naran. 

You're always setting the bar for legacy folks!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
« Reply #7 on: Feb 23, 2018, 12:01 AM »
Thanks Mi'ix, that is very kind of you to say  :)

Minor update, finished the base paint work on the EE-3 tonight. This coming week should be a big work week as it is going to be sunny and above 40 degrees and I also have the week off.

Anyway picture!

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Feb 23, 2018, 10:01 AM »
Looking great man!!    8)

wmmbuzzkill

• Awards 40% increase or more Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #9 on: Feb 23, 2018, 11:15 AM »
following! love the armor!

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #10 on: Feb 23, 2018, 11:48 AM »
I'm always a sucker for EE-3s.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS 65041

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
« Reply #11 on: Feb 23, 2018, 03:43 PM »
Frist full soft good kit up plus cod and torso armor, still some find tuning needed with the strapping. But it is nice to start to get a rough idea of what things are going to look like.

I am thinking I am going to change out the sash for a different color as while I was aiming to keeping the kit within a rough color range the blue of the sash is just too close to the flight suit and is cause a trick of the eye and making it get lost. So I am going to which it out for a deep red sash I am thinking.

Anyway pictures!

More updates soon!

Mi'ix

« Reply #12 on: Feb 23, 2018, 04:08 PM »
I agree. Swapping out the sash for a different color would be a good idea.

Did you guys make the spats?

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS 65041

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
« Reply #13 on: Feb 23, 2018, 04:19 PM »
Nope, they are an amazon buy. Right now they are just a visual stand in for a pair of boots riding boots that are on order.\

Minor update, the shoulder armor is done as well as the gold detailing...

As always pictures.

« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2018, 10:09 PM by Naran Baatar » Logged

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
« Reply #14 on: Mar 04, 2018, 12:49 PM »
Minor update...been working on the wife's kit for a bit.

Did most of the major detail paint work. Still have sigils and symbols to add into the open spaces. But things are well in hand.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!