Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP Azrayel's Protector

• 5 Replies

Azrayel

• Jorhaa'i pel. Kyr'amu an'kebise
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Special Weapons
Azrayel's Protector
« on: Mar 06, 2018, 12:15 PM »
Ive finally decided to start work on a Kit #2. Ive spent better part of the last few weeks, going though a lot of references for the different versions of Fett, digging through the CRL's and BRL's for Protector's Brigade to get an idea of how to make what i want. Im pulling ideas and inspirations from several different places and versions of Fett, some canon, some artwork, some fan-work, and some things... just for my own personal look.

I started with a blank design of the generic Fett , worked through the BRL's for the Protector Brigade step by step and labelled them all on one sheet for an easy one place reference for me to work from, as i am a visual person for design work. From this i was able to work on deciding what colors, were allowed, and i wanted, for each of the various parts of the kit. I also pulled references from the various versions of Fett so i have some pieces from different versions and color choices.

Heres my Blank Mando page with my notes for color choices and such from the BRL's

And this was my final result and current working color palette < relatively closely> for my ideas for Protector.

I plan on expanding upon this as i keep working.. but i have a rough plan of building in mind so far, have found a source and, with Mi'ix's assistance determined correct sizing to use for plates. I have made a deal with a friend to help me get the sewing portions of the soft parts done in a manner better than im able to do on my own.

Current Plan:
Armor - RKD - Size large Plates set, with metal greeblies < this will contain pretty much all of my primary armor plates and gauntlet/knee greeblies>
Helmet - PM'd Droodles to look into one of his buckets with Fett style ear caps and RF
Soft parts - Will be made from scratch - 2 piece flight suit , hopefully in Tackle Twill, custom tailored for me
Weapons - 3D printed Blaster Pistol, and Resin Cast long stock EE-3 ESB style carbine from Dha Bral
JetPack - I plan on building this one from scratch with a combination of different materials and 3d printed parts
Belt Pouches - Jango Fett styled belt and pouches - Ill likely make these myself as i have materials on hand for most of it.
Girth belt - Planning to make a Leather Braid - Jango Styled Girth Belt , colored a Dark Red.

For the moment.. thats all i can think of to add.. WIll try to keep updating this as i go.

Chef'alor
Ficus'Alor
Clan WIP
MSE Droid
Gunslinger
Privateer

Tra'Cor Clan

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Azrayel's Protector
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2018, 12:54 PM »
Nice looking concept, commenting to follow, love protector builds  ;D

Lynn TXP 0369

• He's no good to me dead.
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2018, 01:34 PM »
Looks really good! It is great to see another MP in the works.
Lynn

Phil. 4:13
Ex Phoenix Squadron member TXP 0369.
Helmet done.
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=100331.15

Azrayel

• Jorhaa'i pel. Kyr'amu an'kebise
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Special Weapons
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2018, 01:59 PM »
As i didnt think about adding pics of the Blasters im looking at using:

Heres the model for the 3d Printed Westar 35 im thinking i might add as part of the kit.. not sure on if ill have a pistol or not yet:

And heres a rough base of the long stock EE-3 :

Chef'alor
Ficus'Alor
Clan WIP
MSE Droid
Gunslinger
Privateer

Tra'Cor Clan
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2018, 04:21 PM »
Looks good, I like the look of the rifle
Jodo kast style

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2018, 09:17 AM »
Great job with some very thorough research on the subject matter.

I'll be very much looking forward to seeing how this one comes together!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 65 Official Invasions

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!