Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Valkyrie Weapons WIP

• 20 Replies

theValkyrie

• "Some girls just want to be warlords..."
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Beastmaster Brigade Member
Valkyrie Weapons WIP
« on: Mar 06, 2018, 12:53 PM »
Hello everyone,
While waiting for my armor to dry between coats I've been planning out my weapons.
Essentially I'm wanting to do a Pu Dao (sorry I'm not sure of the swarzy name for it... any help here would be hot!) and some knives.
Whilst scouring the internet I came across the following photos:

Essentially I'd like to do something similar.

I could use some suggestions for how to do the blade.
I have 1/8 " plexi at my disposal.

Thanks in advance!

OM 2076 & 2076b

“The quickest way to a man's heart is through the fourth and fifth ribs.”

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Valkyrie Weapons WIP
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2018, 01:03 PM »
Sintra would work well for the blade too.  Have a clan mate with a similar vibro-axe and blade is sintra, handle is PVC-- can add a pvc coupler in the middle to break it down for easier transportation.  That's what he did.

Plenty of sintra knife builds on the boards as well. Not saying the plexi won't work, just know sintra responds really well to my belt sander.

theValkyrie

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2018, 01:10 PM »
Sintra would work well for the blade too.  Have a clan mate with a similar vibro-axe and blade is sintra, handle is PVC-- can add a pvc coupler in the middle to break it down for easier transportation.  That's what he did.

Plenty of sintra knife builds on the boards as well. Not saying the plexi won't work, just know sintra responds really well to my belt sander.

Alright, I've got plenty of Sintra left over from my kit (I bought a 4' x 8' piece from a local sign shop) but it's black not white...  :-[ .
I was planning on building the majority of the Vibro-Axe out of wood and doing just the blade out of the plexi.

I made a similar weapon not too long ago for a Mad Max Fury Road cosplay when I made the lances the warboys use on the rigs... the head is just slightly different... but that was just for fun, this is for approval! LOL the pressure is ON!

OM 2076 & 2076b

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2018, 01:16 PM »
Aren't those 4'x8' sheets the best? They go a long, long way when it comes to making kits and anything potentially kit related. I am on my second sheet of that size ha I might have problems... Anyway, for your blade you could always do actual PVC pipe and cut it in half, flatten it, and cut out your blade. It would be way sturdier than layered sintra. I made my virbo blade that way with the accessory parts like the sheath being sintra.

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Talon Ven'ad

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2018 Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2018, 07:46 PM »
Hi there. Considering those are my knives, I can help you.. I made the entire thing from 6mm and 3mm Sintra with some pleather wrapping painted brown. I might even have some templates I can send you. PM me.

MMCC OM#1914
Beasthunter-Beastmaster Brigades
Ruus'alor Sol'yc
Mandalorian Mercs Builders Group Administrator

"Every man should lose a battle in his youth, so he does not lose a war when he is old."

theValkyrie

« Reply #5 on: Mar 07, 2018, 10:52 AM »
Hi there. Considering those are my knives, I can help you.. I made the entire thing from 6mm and 3mm Sintra with some pleather wrapping painted brown. I might even have some templates I can send you. PM me.

Thanks for the help! PM Sent!

OM 2076 & 2076b

Ahn'vil Burk'yc

• | House Burk'yc |
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 25 official invasions. EnviroOps Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Mar 07, 2018, 01:08 PM »
Su'cuy :) I got a summons about my blade? ^^

The speartip is a combination of MDF, plexi and sintra with some greeblies thrown in :)

It used to be just MDF and sintra, but then I added a plexi blade made from some leftover plexi that used to have a home on my wife's PC ( sidewpanel ) :)

The plexi was cut into shape, sanded to give a matt surface and then glued into a slot I had cut with a tablesaw into the MDF. I don't have any pics of the process but if you want, I can provide close-ups and detailed pics ^^

Fragowump

• Victor Robles OM# 1937
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Award for 75 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #7 on: Mar 07, 2018, 06:13 PM »
The 1/8th inch plexi with layered sintra would work great for both the knives and pu dao. I've done a few blades that way with 1/4th plexi and 1/8th abs for the overlay.

If you don't have a design for the dao yet I'd love to draw up a few ideas I have. As for a more starwars name Id probably just say it's a vibro glaive.

Perpetually confused
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Brigade Wip: Heavy Melee

theValkyrie

« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2018, 09:01 PM »
Su'cuy :) I got a summons about my blade? ^^

The speartip is a combination of MDF, plexi and sintra with some greeblies thrown in :)

It used to be just MDF and sintra, but then I added a plexi blade made from some leftover plexi that used to have a home on my wife's PC ( sidewpanel ) :)

The plexi was cut into shape, sanded to give a matt surface and then glued into a slot I had cut with a tablesaw into the MDF. I don't have any pics of the process but if you want, I can provide close-ups and detailed pics ^^

Your blade is fantastic!
I would appreciate any and all close-ups and detailed pics so much!!
I'm not planning on copying your design 100/100 but I instantly fell in love with the style!
Amazing work!!

The 1/8th inch plexi with layered sintra would work great for both the knives and pu dao. I've done a few blades that way with 1/4th plexi and 1/8th abs for the overlay.
If you don't have a design for the dao yet I'd love to draw up a few ideas I have. As for a more starwars name Id probably just say it's a vibro glaive.

amazing! I've got a few ideas i'm kicking around but I'll always take more suggestions!!!

« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2018, 09:04 PM by theValkyrie » Logged
OM 2076 & 2076b

Fragowump

• Victor Robles OM# 1937
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Award for 75 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #9 on: Mar 09, 2018, 12:48 AM »

This was a pretty fun design exercise, 3 definitely pudao styled. Hopefully you can pull from these, really looking forward to what you do.

Perpetually confused
« Reply #10 on: Mar 12, 2018, 09:22 PM »

This was a pretty fun design exercise, 3 definitely pudao styled. Hopefully you can pull from these, really looking forward to what you do.

hey there! that second from the top design that you made i fell in love with... i may have to model my weapon after that ... of course credit and pics will be made after some tweaking <3

« Reply #11 on: Mar 13, 2018, 05:27 AM »
i like the designs of the 2,3 and 4, they look like you could just take them off the pole and use them as a knife or short sword

theValkyrie

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2018, 08:55 PM »

Borrowed the blade design from one of your sketches and began assembly today!

OM 2076 & 2076b

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2018, 09:54 PM »
That's a pretty sick spear, Vod!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

theValkyrie

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2018, 10:15 PM »
That's a pretty sick spear, Vod!

Thanks! It's coming along slowly!

OM 2076 & 2076b

Kumo

• Sh'ehn Taab #2126
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2018, 06:02 AM »

Very nice designs!

Ore wa Kumo da!

knsweb.net

OM #2126 / Cabur Akaata #223

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2018, 10:08 AM »
That blade is looking pretty slick! Good work

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Fragowump

• Victor Robles OM# 1937
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2018, 03:24 AM »
Oh that looks beautiful I'm so excited to see progress on it

Perpetually confused

theValkyrie

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 10:47 AM »

Weathered my weapon last night!! I think it came out great!! Here it is in the sunlight.

Still have some detail work to be done but otherwise... I'm extremely happy with how it's turning out!

OM 2076 & 2076b

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2018, 03:35 PM »
Holy Osik!  :o

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Shurik Bhar'vani

• "Scopes are for people who worry they might miss"
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2018, 10:33 AM »
Gorgeous  8) I may have to make a glaive as well....  :laugh:

"Naughty list...  <ZAP> Naughty list...  <ZAP> Naughty list...  <ZAP> Nice list?  Must be a typo. <ZAP> <ZAP><ZAP> " -Bazii Malric on Santa Shurik, circa 201(3?)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!