Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jal Korvo New WIP Thread

• 52 Replies

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Jal Korvo New WIP Thread
« Reply #15 on: Sep 27, 2018, 11:02 AM »
How have I missed this build?!  Kit looks really good!  Can't wait to see those killstripes.  :like: :like:

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #16 on: Sep 27, 2018, 11:42 PM »
Hey thanks for the kind words, vode. Really close to finishing but wouldn't be surprised if it takes another chunk of time. Been kinda down lately and maybe needing a break.

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #17 on: Sep 29, 2018, 11:23 PM »
Hey thanks for the kind words, vode. Really close to finishing but wouldn't be surprised if it takes another chunk of time. Been kinda down lately and maybe needing a break.

Looking pretty good over all! This may have been mentioned already but with the amount of weathering on your plates you are going to need to even though out and add some matching weathering to those soft parts.  :like:

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

SEE-5 blaster pistol and misc blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #18 on: Nov 26, 2018, 06:54 PM »
Happy to report that I've ordered some new parts and progress should continue soon.
 :like:

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• ~What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!
  • Awards Airmobile brigade member 40+ hrs of Charity Work Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons EnviroOps
« Reply #19 on: Nov 28, 2018, 01:12 PM »
Woo! Glad to hear you're gonna be back at it soon!

What kind of work do you think you have left?

Cerar Clan OM#1935 Tri-Division Brigade Member#262

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #20 on: Nov 28, 2018, 01:49 PM »
Woo! Glad to hear you're gonna be back at it soon!

What kind of work do you think you have left?
Thanks vod, it's good to be back.
My biggest trouble has been gauntlets so that's the last piece left as far as armor. I finally ordered some from April Storm that should hopefully be a good fit. Aside from that, my holster needs finished, which will probably get done later this evening when I go to Desago's. We also have to adjust Velcro on my vest, and I've still gotta figure out straps/attachments for my knee armor. That should pretty much cover it. Then I have a frag grenade on order to add to my belt as well, but that won't take any time.

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #21 on: Nov 30, 2018, 04:25 PM »
My holster is finally done! So excited. Big thanks to Desago for the assembly.

Shaping, staining, and finishing were done by me.  :porg1:

« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2019, 11:36 AM by Jal Korvo » Logged

Kol Var'Das

• Beanpole
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #22 on: Dec 01, 2018, 01:05 PM »
Welcome back Jal! Blaster and holster both look great!

« Reply #23 on: Dec 01, 2018, 04:00 PM »
Nice work vod, that came out looking great

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #24 on: Jan 03, 2019, 12:44 PM »
Coming along nicely,  vod! Been enjoying watching your progress, and it shouldn't be too much longer till you get your stripes!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #25 on: Jan 03, 2019, 01:17 PM »
I think those quilted spots will help to really add one more dimension to your kit, really cool idea mate!  :like:

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #26 on: Jan 14, 2019, 03:08 AM »
This is pretty crazy to be able to say, but my armor is now complete. Still a few small things left to do before pre-app pics. Gotta adjust Velcro on the vest and still gotta attach knees. But I'm finally done. And it feels real good. Here's the final piece.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 01:26 PM by Jal Korvo » Logged

Den Barren

• Meg cuyir ogir at akaanir a te akaan Tio'r.
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #27 on: Jan 14, 2019, 04:26 AM »
Youíre kit is coming together great vod! Canít wait to see everything put together.

"Tion ke'gyce ner kad al'ijaat?"~What guides my sword if not honor?

Backstory
WIP Links
YouTube Mando Armor Tutorial Channel

Tusken Dan

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Mobile Engineers Brigade Member EnviroOps
« Reply #28 on: Jan 17, 2019, 02:03 PM »

The next thing I had taken care of, huge thanks again to Desago, Alor'ad of Cerar Clan, was covering up the zippers on the hips of my flight suit. Since I won't be using thigh armor or a kama, I bought some quilted material to have sewn over them. I think it gives it an extra little something and I love it.

I like the looks of your build!
I like the looks of the quilted addition as well.  I was just wondering if it counts as printed fabric?
 "◾The flight suit must be a solid color. No printed fabric may be used as part of a flight suit."
It's a great App team question.  If you add same color,  pattern with thread, is this still solid color? 
Can't wait to see the finished product!

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #29 on: Jan 17, 2019, 02:09 PM »
It's a great App team question.  If you add same color,  pattern with thread, is this still solid color? 
you're good to go :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!