Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jal Korvo New WIP Thread

• 52 Replies

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
Re: Jal Korvo New WIP Thread
« Reply #25 on: Jan 03, 2019, 01:17 PM »
I think those quilted spots will help to really add one more dimension to your kit, really cool idea mate!  :like:

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #26 on: Jan 14, 2019, 03:08 AM »
This is pretty crazy to be able to say, but my armor is now complete. Still a few small things left to do before pre-app pics. Gotta adjust Velcro on the vest and still gotta attach knees. But I'm finally done. And it feels real good. Here's the final piece.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 01:26 PM by Jal Korvo » Logged

Dar'manda

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #27 on: Jan 14, 2019, 04:26 AM »
You’re kit is coming together great vod! Can’t wait to see everything put together.

Tusken Dan

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Mobile Engineers Brigade Member EnviroOps
« Reply #28 on: Jan 17, 2019, 02:03 PM »

The next thing I had taken care of, huge thanks again to Desago, Alor'ad of Cerar Clan, was covering up the zippers on the hips of my flight suit. Since I won't be using thigh armor or a kama, I bought some quilted material to have sewn over them. I think it gives it an extra little something and I love it.

I like the looks of your build!
I like the looks of the quilted addition as well.  I was just wondering if it counts as printed fabric?
 "◾The flight suit must be a solid color. No printed fabric may be used as part of a flight suit."
It's a great App team question.  If you add same color,  pattern with thread, is this still solid color? 
Can't wait to see the finished product!

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #29 on: Jan 17, 2019, 02:09 PM »
It's a great App team question.  If you add same color,  pattern with thread, is this still solid color? 
you're good to go :)

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #30 on: Jan 17, 2019, 03:34 PM »
Yeah I think "printed" refers to having a design of some sort. Also, those were sewn on by clan leadership, so they'd better be acceptable.  :laugh: :laugh:

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #31 on: Jan 18, 2019, 09:59 AM »
Patterned does indeed refer to a printed design, though the CRL is a little vague. Look forward to seeing everything put together!

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #32 on: Feb 10, 2019, 12:48 PM »
Progress is looking great and digging that patterned flight suit. Good find/ additions.

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #33 on: Feb 11, 2019, 01:01 AM »
Well, the day is finally here. First pictures in full kit. I was gonna wait til I was 100% finished to post but I'm too excited. Collar plate needed a size adjustment, so it still needs paint, but after that, just minor tweaks and touch ups. My blaster rifle should be in hand soon as well. Lemme know what you think.

« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2019, 12:52 PM by Jal Korvo » Logged

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #34 on: Feb 11, 2019, 01:13 AM »
It's looking really great Jal!  Love how the weathering and colors have come together!

Your flak vest is looking a little clean (even when I scroll down to the better pic of it)  and it's hard to tell if the flightsu (I scrolled down, your flightsuit is good to go, keep those closeups handy) it has seen similar weathering to your plates, can't tell on the boots either based on resolution when I zoom in.  looks like most of your soft parts need a bit of a bump in weathering.
There's a larger gap between your collar and the top of your chest plates than between your chest and ab.
straps on your right leg could use a bit of a trim, but that's really just a suggestion
your backplate is mounted an inch or so off center,

If that's a saber hilt on your left hilt, it needs a lot more damage.  If it's a grenade, carry on.

The rest looks good from here vod :) Great work!

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #35 on: Feb 11, 2019, 01:44 AM »
It's looking really great Jal!  Love how the weathering and colors have come together!

Your flak vest is looking a little clean (even when I scroll down to the better pic of it)  and it's hard to tell if the flightsu (I scrolled down, your flightsuit is good to go, keep those closeups handy) it has seen similar weathering to your plates, can't tell on the boots either based on resolution when I zoom in.  looks like most of your soft parts need a bit of a bump in weathering.
There's a larger gap between your collar and the top of your chest plates than between your chest and ab.
straps on your right leg could use a bit of a trim, but that's really just a suggestion
your backplate is mounted an inch or so off center,

If that's a saber hilt on your left hilt, it needs a lot more damage.  If it's a grenade, carry on.

The rest looks good from here vod :) Great work!
Ah thanks for the input vod! I'll address what I can as issues arise.
It is hard to see in these pics but everything is pretty weathered up. These were taken at an armor party and I didn't hear any mention from om's in person about it, at least. Boots too. I'll make sure it's more apparent in the next pics.
The torso spacing will be easily adjusted. I think just moving those chest plates up will take care of it.
The straps on the leg you see are just from the leather tie I used as a holster leg strap. That'll be trimmed.
And the backplate might need some more Velcro under the shoulders but then we'll make sure it's mounted proper for app pics. And yeah, thats a grenade over there.  ;D
Thanks again, vod. Need all the feedback I can get at this point.

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #36 on: Mar 25, 2019, 08:04 PM »
Soooo...have I finished my collar plate?
Nope. Haven't touched it.
BUT I did get and finish my Relby V10 blaster rifle.
So here's that:

And since I never think to take pics of my process for things, here's a nice little timelapse for ya:

I'm gonna try and make a sling for it but then I promise I'll finish my armor.  :P

« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 01:35 PM by Jal Korvo » Logged

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #37 on: Apr 01, 2019, 02:50 AM »
I seem to get a lot of views and no replies and I don't know why.

Anyway, here's a question that's been on my mind. Those flares on my arm are in an elastic-strapped band with a rubber material over them to hold them in. You can barely even see a color difference in the photos. Is the elastic part still acceptable or should I find a way to mask it?

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• ~What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Airmobile brigade member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons EnviroOps
« Reply #38 on: Apr 01, 2019, 09:52 AM »
People seem to like lurking  :cookie:

On holding flares, elastic has been fine in several approved kits. This is your band from Demon Dog? Sharing more pictures will help. The last time I saw it, it looked pretty good to me maybe in need of a touch of weathering.

Cerar Clan OM#1935 Tri-Division Brigade Member#262
Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #39 on: Apr 01, 2019, 10:59 AM »
I know I for one am not an OM, so there's only so much I can offer to the thread, and I don't want to spam people with "Hey that looks great!" a hundred times. I'm getting views on my recently updated thread but no comments too, so it's not just you. :)

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #40 on: Apr 01, 2019, 11:24 AM »
Copy that, thanks vode.

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Airmobile brigade member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons EnviroOps
« Reply #41 on: Apr 01, 2019, 01:20 PM »
how is that collar plate? ;)

Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #42 on: Apr 01, 2019, 01:33 PM »
how is that collar plate? ;)

Incomplete. Haha.
I'm off today, I plan on getting stuff done.
 :like:

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #43 on: Apr 13, 2019, 07:20 PM »
Text update: new collar plate is finished. Still have to get knee attachments onto flight suit and vest Velcro adjusted. However, I fell on my shoulder on Monday and it's been hurting. just left the ER and found out I fractured my collar bone so pre-app is gonna be delayed once more. Send positive energy. Once I heal, I'll be back in it.

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #44 on: Apr 13, 2019, 10:49 PM »
OOOUUCH!!!!! get well soon vod.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #45 on: Apr 14, 2019, 10:08 AM »
Whoa.... Ow.
Hope that heals fast for you!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #46 on: Apr 16, 2019, 02:56 PM »
Thanks vode. I'm in a sling but the way the break is spaced, it should just come right back together naturally. Uncomfortable for sure, but my elbow last year was much worse. With Celebration being announced for next year in Anaheim, I have a new goal to work toward.

Bryn Cin'Prudii

« Reply #47 on: Apr 16, 2019, 03:12 PM »
If you can heal up by DPCC, we can get you some pics and such for that. :)

Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #48 on: Apr 16, 2019, 03:16 PM »
i'm really hoping so but i've been off work for over a week and starting a new job tomorrow, so we'll have to see how things line up.

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2019, 01:52 PM »
Injury is slowly feeling better. Struggling on the money front though, so I dunno how likely it is that I'll be able to attend DPCC. Anyway, since I'm not great about updating, here are some changes I've made and details I haven't put in this thread.
So, as previously stated, I have finished my new collar plate. Needed to be a bit thicker to fill the spacing better. So here's that (old one on bottom):

And here it is on my mannequin. Adjusting the velcro is really the only thing I have left to finish, at this point.

Here is my completed lower half, now with knee attachments, new pouches, and proper leg strap for holster:

Here are my old vs. new hand plates:

Inside my bucket:

And here's the grenade that hangs on my belt. Made by DemonDogStudios:

And finally, just some close shots of some of the weathering on my boots and vest. I'll most likely add a bit more over all soft parts before app:

« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2020, 11:46 AM by Jal Korvo » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!