Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vest/bodysuit question

• 9 Replies

IzabetLorca-Wren

• May the Porg be with You!!
Vest/bodysuit question
« on: Mar 26, 2018, 07:18 PM »
So I was reading the CRLs an and I'm not sure where/how to work my custom mando. I wanna do a bodysuit ala the Ursa Wren/Bo Katan to keep layers down, but do I need a flak vest too, or does it matter when doing a custom kit?! Hlping to get tv this answered before tomorrow's shopping trip!

*~Mara-Belle Rose D'Lacur~*
MJLolanaK - Rebel Legion
MaraJadeLK - 501st Legion
LolanaKetalli - Jedi Assembly
Darth Mystrial, DiVanna Jade-Maul - The Dark Empire & The Sith Dominion

Avior Braisa

• Bobble-Fett
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Vest/bodysuit question
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2018, 07:48 PM »
I'm not yet OM, but everything I've read says you do need a flak vest. That's what your chest armor will be attached to.

Aiwha Riders Clan
OM #2296 A & B
T.P.S. #7
O.O.P.S. #67
M.A.J.I.C. #186
Q.M.U. #92 <-Hey, it rhymes!
House Nelvaan Armored Squirrel #10

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2018, 08:01 PM »
All custom mandalorians from the modern era require flak vests.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2018, 08:16 PM »
Yes, for custom characters, and a lot of canon ones, you need a vest.  I think that the kit looks unfinished without one (looking at you, Sabine Wren... :laugh: )

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

IzabetLorca-Wren

« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2018, 12:08 AM »
Poops! It ruins the look I was going for, but okies. I think I've got an idea to change it.

MJLolanaK - Rebel Legion

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2018, 12:16 AM »
post sketches for feedback :)  we just want to help get you there.  There are some clan wren inspired builds on the boards you can check out to see how people are achieving the look.

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2018, 09:43 PM »
You can do a tighter/slimmer look for your soft goods (leggings, turtle neck, and a form fitting vest) if you want to keep with the look of Bo Katan and still meet the CRLs :)

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

IzabetLorca-Wren

« Reply #7 on: Jun 01, 2018, 04:26 PM »
Okies, so I fixed the flak vest issue I was having with it looking bulky. But now my question is does the arm/leg armour have to attach to the body suit itself, or can it be done with straps/wraps. I want to be able to use the flightsuit for other costumes too (I'm on a tight budget). Thoughts??!

MJLolanaK - Rebel Legion

Sep Ho'ban

« Reply #8 on: Jun 01, 2018, 08:26 PM »
There's no velcro on my kit. Can be done with straps if you can engineer them.

IzabetLorca-Wren

« Reply #9 on: Jun 04, 2018, 08:46 PM »
This news makes me happy. Now to bug the crap outta my russalor to double-check all that can be done on my kit!!

MJLolanaK - Rebel Legion

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!