Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Unknowns armour and other bits wip

• 279 Replies

Mark - Zexal

• been building the same kit since 2016
Re: Unknowns armour and other bits wip
« Reply #125 on: Dec 24, 2018, 07:39 PM »
i love how there is a blaster dent on the groin. like someone had to have been really mad at you to aim for there and not your head. Also i love how the armor is coming along and I cant wait to see how it looks when its finished!

My name : Zéxal Thau'ren
Pronunciation : Zek-Sal Th-ow-ren
« Reply #126 on: Dec 24, 2018, 07:43 PM »
i love how there is a blaster dent on the groin. like someone had to have been really mad at you to aim for there and not your head. Also i love how the armor is coming along and I cant wait to see how it looks when its finished!
Thanks mate, that dent on the groin guard is Boba Fett style, I need to fill that in, respray in a green

« Last Edit: Dec 24, 2018, 10:18 PM by The Unknown Mando » Logged
« Reply #127 on: Dec 25, 2018, 02:43 AM »
Little bit more playing around. Knees are only loosely attached

Sort of thinking of respraying the knees...bit lighter, more yellow than orange

« Reply #128 on: Dec 28, 2018, 12:47 AM »
No where near ready...but I decided to have a look at how things look
I am going to have to get flightsuit taken in abit....lost some weight and it's pretty baggy in spots
The chest armour needs to be shaped to fit, then abetter shot will be taken

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #129 on: Dec 28, 2018, 11:31 AM »
I love how this kit is coming along, vod.  Your weathering on the lower half is sick! :cookie: :cookie:

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #130 on: Dec 28, 2018, 01:05 PM »
Yep.  Looking amazing.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?
« Reply #131 on: Dec 28, 2018, 02:12 PM »
I love how this kit is coming along, vod.  Your weathering on the lower half is sick! :cookie: :cookie:
Yep.  Looking amazing.
Thanks vode, I'm slowly working my way up. I was interested in seeing how the flak vest and armour fitted with the belts. You can't see it that well due to my right arm...had to hold it like that to keep gauntlet on. Both gauntlets need a lot of work to finish off, and another set added as well, a red right one, maybe green left one, help add a little more colour, so far my colours are similar to jodo kast...more weathering on flight suit upper body. Need to find the chest diamond, totally forgot about it
I think first up might be reshaping the torso armour though...then add chest lights
And then start sorting out my new bucket
Something a bit different, was playing with a rf kit on what'll be the new bucket

Not sure if I'll go for a hollow aluminium stalk....got a different idea I might try, or I might try and then add something extra....hhmmm....decisions
Anyone know of hollow aluminium stalks?

Old bucket next to new, new one is better size I think, I'll try paint up as close to old one, same colours for face and cheeks, main difference will be green shade use different on dome....be lighter like empire fett green

« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2018, 10:51 PM by The Unknown Mando » Logged
« Reply #132 on: Dec 31, 2018, 10:01 PM »
Bit more mucking around, going to go with only one wookie braid...needs to be decorated abit
Checking out plate placement and chest lights....need red /smoked acrylic over the top of lights
Plates still need more shaping, tidying up around edges

Little bit done on right gauntlet...the darts aren't glued in yet, just loose, and pointing up. Still working out the launchers on the side

« Reply #133 on: Jan 06, 2019, 06:41 AM »
Sort of slept in today....(late night playing halo reach....forgot how good the story is) so only managed a quick coat of silver.....

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #134 on: Jan 06, 2019, 12:33 PM »
Excellent work, as always vod. I really look forward to coming back from my unfortunately frequent mini-hiaituses to see your progress!

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #135 on: Jan 06, 2019, 01:19 PM »
I'm noticing the dents you have in your armor, particularly the dents on your left chest plate and cod, are very similar to the dents in ROTJ Boba. You'll need to have those filled in. With building what appears to be a protector, I'd recommend making the weathering as obviously and intentionally different from Boba's, considering the similarities already shared between him and protectors.

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.
« Reply #136 on: Jan 07, 2019, 12:08 AM »
No worries, I'll get around to it

« Reply #137 on: Jan 09, 2019, 12:02 AM »
Gloves arrived today, courtesy of mike on tdh

Little bit on bucket, micro switch added to ear

« Reply #138 on: Jan 15, 2019, 01:23 AM »
Filled in one dent, sanded back...not 100% smooth, few small dents or scars, I'll leave them like that

Few extra things arrived in the post

Kast style grenades, v2 or a sonic beam weapon, and a keypad for left gauntlet.
I prefer the v2 sonic beam weapon, looks more finished...

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #139 on: Feb 01, 2019, 08:11 PM »
Nice haul!

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144
« Reply #140 on: Feb 01, 2019, 11:00 PM »
Nice haul!
Thanks mate...more to add to the list of work( figure out what to do with them) , little bit distracted mucking around with servos and electronics at moment....got a few ideas demanding attention

« Reply #141 on: Feb 04, 2019, 04:45 AM »
Filled in the hole on the jp, roughly sanded back, not after a perfect look

Little bit of work on helmet, playing around with ideas

« Reply #142 on: Jan 03, 2020, 11:39 PM »
Been awhile since I've done anything on this...I put all bits together that I can find, I'll start finishing this up this year
That's a rough idea of what I'm trying to make.

What I've got

Blasters and right side

Left side and jetpack

Fair bit missing like gauntlet hoses, flame unit, trophies, shin tools, blaster rifle has a sling, some electronics need fine tuning

Kol Varek

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #143 on: Jan 13, 2020, 01:10 PM »
 Glad to see you back at it!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #144 on: Jan 13, 2020, 01:30 PM »
Welcome back!

« Reply #145 on: Jan 15, 2020, 04:37 AM »
Glad to see you back at it!
Welcome back!
thank you, a few updates coming soon....I hope  :laugh:

« Reply #146 on: Jan 25, 2020, 01:45 AM »
Dug this bucket out, needs some love and finishing....I'm actually thinking of redoing it...or some of it. Mainly the dome and rear of it, keep the face mainly as is....tidy up.

The green would be lighter....more like the plate colour I'll go with....maybe a silver or another coloured ear too

How do you say "stay tuned" in mandoa?

Kol Varek

« Reply #147 on: Jan 25, 2020, 03:59 PM »
What's this gonna be? Helmet redo....5? 6? Let's see you get the kit finished and assembled so you can start trooping with us man! Changes can always be made with ruus'alor approval after you get your killstripes!

« Reply #148 on: Jan 25, 2020, 04:51 PM »
What's this gonna be? Helmet redo....5? 6? Let's see you get the kit finished and assembled so you can start trooping with us man! Changes can always be made with ruus'alor approval after you get your killstripes!
To be honest I don't know..does it matter? Hurting anyone?
As for the ruusalor approval ....I couldn't care less what they thought, changes will be made when" I "decide...my kit, and rushing for killstripes, that's not my thing.  If it prevents me from being official ....then it does
It's nice to hear constructive feedback about it, I do listen to people but I'm not rushing just to get some coloured bars under my name. I'm after a good solid quality kit first, if this bothers you....don't follow, don't comment

Kol Varek

« Reply #149 on: Jan 26, 2020, 12:01 AM »
Unknown, that wasn't my intention, I apologize for being rude. I know you have been at this for a while and we've all seen the high quality stuff you have put out. I hope to see some more cool stuff coming along soon man  :like:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!