Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Unknowns armour and other bits wip

• 279 Replies
Re: Unknowns armour and other bits wip
« Reply #100 on: Nov 26, 2018, 09:29 PM »
All appreciated mate

« Reply #101 on: Nov 28, 2018, 05:45 AM »

Been playing around with the galactic chastity belt, heres where it's at at this stage.....just trying to get the size right. It was too big as it was, couldn't walk comfortably, sitting down was impossible...needs to be reworked to fit me and allow simple actions like walking and sitting. I'm not the biggest guy around....this thing was just too big

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #102 on: Nov 28, 2018, 11:48 AM »
...the galactic chastity belt...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

On a more relevant note, your paint and weathering is looking absolutely amazing.  I'm really looking forward to seeing you with your kill stripes, vod.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?
« Reply #103 on: Nov 28, 2018, 02:04 PM »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

On a more relevant note, your paint and weathering is looking absolutely amazing.  I'm really looking forward to seeing you with your kill stripes, vod.
Thanks vod, the weathering isn't hard to achieve...more whether I'm happy with it. Killstripes are along way off....I'm a slow worker

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #104 on: Nov 28, 2018, 02:08 PM »
But making excellent progress. Slow and steady is the best way. :like:

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #105 on: Nov 28, 2018, 02:47 PM »
But making excellent progress. Slow and steady is the best way. :like:
thanks vod, I agree, and the focus on quality

« Reply #106 on: Dec 01, 2018, 12:18 AM »
Got these in the mail yesterday

Spent some time putting up some Xmas decorations too

AUSfrostbite

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #107 on: Dec 01, 2018, 02:03 AM »
Those decals look great !, I have been thinking of using decals myself. As usual your work keeps me inspired with my own build

« Reply #108 on: Dec 01, 2018, 06:35 AM »
Those decals look great !, I have been thinking of using decals myself. As usual your work keeps me inspired with my own build
I got those off a guy on "the dented helmet"... ordered via his webpage
www.DeLucksDesigns.net
If you haven't checked out dented helmet, get over there and have a look, plenty of info, skilled guys

G'day all, I dyed one of the hip pouches last night....was meant to be tan, looks a little darker than tan. Have to see if it lightens after a wash or two,

After two washes

Happy with that, now to fill it out, then bit of weathering
Also on other gauntlets thinking of adding something like this

« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2018, 12:01 PM by Havelock » Logged

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #109 on: Dec 03, 2018, 12:54 AM »
Using the oranges as a color reference?  :laugh: neat stuff!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.
« Reply #110 on: Dec 03, 2018, 01:01 AM »
Using the oranges as a color reference?  :laugh: neat stuff!
:laugh: nah, just pic taken in kitchen....eating healthy though...every mandos responsibility  :laugh: :laugh: ...need to remember that myself

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #111 on: Dec 03, 2018, 05:02 AM »
uuuum vit c. lol pouch is looking pretty cool mate.

« Reply #112 on: Dec 03, 2018, 05:06 AM »
Thanks mate, working on the red one, waiting to see how it dries
The oranges are my disguised thermal dets, might put a few flashing lights in them....make more convincing

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #113 on: Dec 03, 2018, 12:03 PM »
As part of my moderation duties I must request that you please avoid Double Posting in the forums.  This is against forum rules as documented HERE.

Double Posts - Please refrain from posting immediately after yourself, also known as 'double posting'.
If no one has replied use the "modify" button to update your post.
WIP threads and other similar threads that have new content being added are exempt from this rule, provided the posts have useful new posts being added.
In such exemptions, replies to multiple questions when attempting to catch up should still be combined into single posts.
Moderators will exercise their best judgement, if you feel an error was made please contact the Moderator Lead and Tech Officer via PM.

The posts have been combined.

Your work is looking great, as usual.  And I love your weequay addition to your decorations!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #114 on: Dec 03, 2018, 07:24 PM »
The little flamethrowery thing on the gauntlet looks cool, I definitely suggest adding it if you're on the fence about it :D

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144
« Reply #115 on: Dec 05, 2018, 10:29 PM »
The little flamethrowery thing on the gauntlet looks cool, I definitely suggest adding it if you're on the fence about it :D
Thanks vod, All that thing is is a pencil butane torch. I'm going to add another to the other side. maybe as fenn suggested some piping out back for some hoses....may run into the top rear hose
Here's where I at with the hip pouches, still not 100% happy with them. I reckon a different shade of brown ...maybe chocolate brown

« Reply #116 on: Dec 06, 2018, 07:55 PM »
As part of my moderation duties I must request that you please avoid Double Posting in the forums.  This is against forum rules as documented HERE.

The posts have been combined.

Your work is looking great, as usual.  And I love your weequay addition to your decorations!
Sorry vod....got sidetracked and didn't see this last bit....,  that's all my decorations...think there's two hammerheads sharing a drink in the plant pot. The weequay is trying his best to start things off....not quite "yub  yub".... but I preferred jabbas style

« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2018, 08:02 PM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #117 on: Dec 06, 2018, 08:23 PM »
Pouches are looking good mate. :like: :like: :like:

« Reply #118 on: Dec 06, 2018, 09:19 PM »
Pouches are looking good mate. :like: :like: :like:
Thanks mate, the red one has been given a bit of a dip in a brown dye, washed and waiting for it to dry. Then I'll work out the weathering fir them. Thought I'll use the red one and the first aid pouch, not sure about the brown...maybe some dets.
Here's c how the belt set looks at this stage, need to look at a different holster for pistol.

« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2018, 12:36 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #119 on: Dec 10, 2018, 12:22 AM »
That's a good looking belt!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.
« Reply #120 on: Dec 10, 2018, 12:46 AM »
That's a good looking belt!
Thanks mate, might be a few more goodies added yet

« Reply #121 on: Dec 16, 2018, 06:47 PM »
Starting to muck around with weathering the hip pouches. This'll be ongoing I think...build up the layers

And received a Xmas gift from Jett Drexel.... thanks mate

« Reply #122 on: Dec 24, 2018, 02:55 AM »
Bit of a test fit or girth, cod and ammo belt, needs a little tweaking to get to fit straight

K'iim Tal

• Haatyc or'arue jate'shya ori'sol aru'ike nuhaatyc
« Reply #123 on: Dec 24, 2018, 08:33 AM »
Looking great!

"Better one big enemy that you can see, than many small ones you can't!"
« Reply #124 on: Dec 24, 2018, 05:01 PM »

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!