Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Medic Ballistic Shield *WIP*

• 3 Replies
Medic Ballistic Shield *WIP*
« on: Mar 27, 2018, 01:44 AM »
So i have been working on a Ballistic Shield for a the past few days for my kit and this is the work done so far and the predicted Symbol placement for now until i make Brigade!  :P :P ;D     What are your thoughts? maybe just med medic symbol? Bigger smaller?

Any comments are appreciated

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
Re: Medic Ballistic Shield *WIP*
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2018, 05:39 PM »
It looks like a good base.  Can't speak to the brigade implications on it.

My first question is: How heavy is it.  What finish are you planning to put on it?  Screws will definitely need to get filled over/covered up. But even 5-10 pounds at the end of your arm starts to feel like a lot trooping with it.   I definitely wouldn't go bigger, might lean smaller.

« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2018, 06:53 PM »
Its about 7 pounds and feels its with just the handle.  I built an arm rest and cradle that is gauntlet friendly and it feels like nothing.  only other mods i will be making is to open the View port, paint, and plays the symbols with PVC Foam. As of right now carrying the shield with the additional arm rest is quite comfortable and the kick stand that is always hidden makes resting it impossible to see except from the back and it can self stand if wanted to be used at a booth and such.

Verco Nuhla

• Proud Proprietor of the Rusty Kyr'bes
« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2018, 12:37 PM »
As someone using a shield, and leaning towards a medic brigade, I'll be watching this with great interest. I've also made a shield out of 3/4" plywood of the Mandalorian Police design, so perhaps we can collaborate on some ideas for ease of use. The arm rest system makes a difference for sure.

Can't wait to see how this goes!

"Hastaale bat norac n'ijaat be kad'verde."
"Scars on the back are a swordsman's shame."

Character Story, Vol. 1- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110135.0
Character Story, Vol. 2 (ACTIVE)- https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=150675.0
Writers Bloc #014

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!