Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Avior's First Armor

• 7 Replies

Avior Braisa

• The Micro Mando
Avior's First Armor
« on: Apr 22, 2018, 04:59 PM »
So, I've actually had my chest armor and shoulder bells cut and formed since my first armor party, which was forever ago, but I'm just getting around to posting about it. Onyx of Aiwha Riders Clan did nearly all of that, along with help from several others there.

Now, within the past week or so, I've actually done quite a bit of work. Not all was on my plates, most was on my helmet, but I've got most of it painted.

For the future, I plan for a backplate, cod plate, knees, and gauntlets. I may do shins, but still undecided.
But, none of that will be happening soon, I leave for RTC Great Lakes on Tuesday. But dont fret, I'll be back!

"I was supervising, not participating."
According to my sister, I am a Mailbox and a Droid.
Yes, I wave my hand at automatic doors like I'm using the force. No, I don't care if you think I'm weird.

Raene

• Former MMO gamer. DragonCon attendee, seamstress,
Re: Avior's First Armor
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2018, 04:05 AM »
Looks great!

ôLet me slip into something a little more blaster-resistant."
« Reply #2 on: Apr 24, 2018, 08:24 AM »
Those are some very pink plates! With that green, I really like it  ;D. Great start

Avior Braisa

• The Micro Mando
« Reply #3 on: Jun 13, 2018, 05:49 PM »
Rise necropost! Rise!
:porg2:
...Ahem... Now that that's out of the way.
So sorry to keep you guys waiting so long for an update. I was away on business, and it didn't allow for anything fun. But, I'm back and ready to go.
Got some painting and weathering done today, no weathering on the chestplates though.

What do you think?

Those are some very pink plates! With that green, I really like it  ;D. Great start
Alas, my friends, they are red.  :) My lighting just really sucks.

Yes, I wave my hand at automatic doors like I'm using the force. No, I don't care if you think I'm weird.

Avior Braisa

• The Micro Mando
« Reply #4 on: Aug 05, 2018, 12:18 AM »
I think we've established that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, and am just winging it at this point. But, here we go, my attempt at weathering armor. Not done by a long shot. Probably going to sand it down a bit. We'll see how it goes.
Sorry for the weird angle.

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Aug 07, 2018, 02:51 PM »
That's looking pretty nice.  Get some black wash on it, and that weathering will really pop!  Keep up the great work.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 16

Avior Braisa

• The Micro Mando
« Reply #6 on: Aug 07, 2018, 10:45 PM »
That's looking pretty nice.  Get some black wash on it, and that weathering will really pop!  Keep up the great work.
Starting on that as we speak!

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #7 on: Aug 08, 2018, 01:20 PM »
Simply beautiful.  Great job!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 16

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!