Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

[WIP] very slow build of a Mandalorian armor

• 18 Replies
Re: [WIP] very slow build of a Mandalorian armor
« Reply #15 on: Jul 12, 2018, 02:44 AM »
I am going to print the CRLs so I can follow them strictly. The templates were downloaded from here. I do not wish to mix the types. My aim was to quick test them and see which one I like more, because I couldnít make up my mind but legacy it is :) I like to make my life as hard as possible. Without difficult challenges life would be boring ;) /I still love the stalker pretty much as wellÖ/ As for the movement and leaning forward I was thinking to make the armor layers not glued or fixed together but use some kind of flexible material inside and some Velcro on the top and bottom layer and make them overlap. Hopefully this will allow the plates to slide and move a little. I usually squat in my Jedi robes as well so it will not be unfamiliar experience lol. I have some Stormtrooper friends, so heard some nice stories how hard it is to move and see fully dressed up. My favorite part was when 190 cm high Stormtrooper was asked something by a little girl at his feet and he couldnít look down at her because of the armor. Iíll make some more pics in the next few weeks. Iíll take some boxes home to have material for further tests and mods. I appreciate the advice. It helps a lot. Ps. I also talk a lot. Sorry about that  :P

If you're going to use Legacy plates on your front, you'll need to have the entire front be Legacy style.  Which means all the plates must overlap or abut.  They're aren't any spaces in Legacy style.  From the CRLs:

Unfortunately, that means you can't use Galaxy style collar and chest pieces with a Legacy style Ab.  Addtionally, while the ab/cod looks pretty cool, I think you'll find that moving in that - at least bending forward - will be incredibly difficult.

Fenris Claddanna

• Formerly 'TI-8342'
  • Chaotic Fun
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #16 on: Jul 12, 2018, 08:40 AM »
My suggestion for Legacy, based on my own experimentation, is to use binding posts and a nylon harness. With velcro, you run the risk of the plates shifting wrong and popping each other off. If you'd like, I can dig out some photos to show you how I'm doing mine.

Oyacyir mav, ash'amur pirusti

OM#1624
Kyrimorut#021:KMB# 32:B.E.A.R.D.S#128:W.B. #08:MTS#082:M.M.R.S#017

Sep Ho'ban

• Formerly 'Quingin'
« Reply #17 on: Jul 12, 2018, 08:42 AM »
Since you've decided to go with legacy, it'd be a good idea to head over to the Legacy sub forum under Alternative Eras, and read through some of the WIPS :)  There's also a guide or two for assembly, some of which include that sliding you're talking about."

« Reply #18 on: Jul 13, 2018, 02:08 AM »
Since you've decided to go with legacy, it'd be a good idea to head over to the Legacy sub forum under Alternative Eras, and read through some of the WIPS :)  There's also a guide or two for assembly, some of which include that sliding you're talking about."

I'll definitely go and check. Honestly Iím reading through a lot of posts but am still in learning phase, so good thing that you point me to the wright direction.

My suggestion for Legacy, based on my own experimentation, is to use binding posts and a nylon harness. With velcro, you run the risk of the plates shifting wrong and popping each other off. If you'd like, I can dig out some photos to show you how I'm doing mine.

That would be nice. Iíd appreciate it.

Thank you all.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!