Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Template help

• 4 Replies
Template help
« on: May 02, 2018, 12:30 PM »
This one is fairly simple and short. I know it is possible to do, and I've seen programs that do it.

Does anyone know of any FREEMASONS programs that can take a 3d model and form 2d prints of it?

I've seen it done with Auto desk Inventor I believe, however in previous checks auto desk was a tad expensive.

Thanks in advance

rlobrecht

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Template help
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 01:47 PM »
The Pepakura designer can do this.  It is cheap, but not free.

Kotep Dral | Arqet Clan | MMCC #2677 | The OT Guard #63 | B.O.M.B #96

Helmet build - SWJFH-A7R pepakura | Soft parts WIP | Armor WIP | Sniper upgrades

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 12:56 AM »
It’s free unless you want to save your sizing and unfolds. But what exactly are you wanting to do? Make it level by level or just make a shell?

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 10:56 PM »
It’s free unless you want to save your sizing and unfolds. But what exactly are you wanting to do? Make it level by level or just make a shell?

What I'm trying to do really is find and get a pdf or pdo file for the NME props Stalker style that I can modify more to my liking. I really like the style of the NME Stalker both in shape and size but I want to be able to set my own tinge on its' design, plus I need some good templates as I will be making mine out of metal(like the rest of my armor) So I don't have much room to fix mistakes. Plus all of my previous tries in cardboard and paper end up looking like a super fat cat.

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 01:20 AM »
What I'm trying to do really is find and get a pdf or pdo file for the NME props Stalker style that I can modify more to my liking. I really like the style of the NME Stalker both in shape and size but I want to be able to set my own tinge on its' design, plus I need some good templates as I will be making mine out of metal(like the rest of my armor) So I don't have much room to fix mistakes. Plus all of my previous tries in cardboard and paper end up looking like a super fat cat.

You likely won't find it, and if you do, someone is infringing on NME's intellectual property, as that design is NME's alone.  Stalker is not a generic style of helmet.  You could order a stalker to pull templates off of like EVILTed on Youtube does with other props. 

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!