Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Youth WIP

• 17 Replies

DragonLady

• Kad'la Saldha
Re: Youth WIP
« Reply #15 on: Sep 09, 2018, 05:34 PM »
Bucket 2.0 for Ran'kal.
The original one was just a little too small. This one fits much better!
On a side note, we got scratch bucket builds down pretty well!  :like:

MMCC 2048
Shonare Vhekadla Clan 91
Cabur Akaata 142
O.O.P.S. 63
WIP: https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=144303.0

myriot

• Awards 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #16 on: Sep 12, 2018, 11:18 PM »
You're doing a great job! Those buckets are great! I wish I had the skill to make my own but oh well  :) I was scrolling through looking at your progress and didn't realize it was you and the kids lol. I was there for Phoenix Fan Fest and the photo op as well. I was like "hey I recognize that pic and that family lol" Small world!

Definetly going to keep on the your progress, can't wait to see what you do next.

*Kebii'tra Kematr'kipa*
CAT# 1069  Vhe'rang Clan NM/West Texas SC
Vhe'rang Clan Alor'ad 2015-current
Supply Team 2018
G.O.M.O.L # 037 Mandalorian Cavalry #10

DragonLady

• Kad'la Saldha
« Reply #17 on: Sep 13, 2018, 12:29 AM »
You're doing a great job! Those buckets are great! I wish I had the skill to make my own but oh well  :) I was scrolling through looking at your progress and didn't realize it was you and the kids lol. I was there for Phoenix Fan Fest and the photo op as well. I was like "hey I recognize that pic and that family lol" Small world!

Definetly going to keep on the your progress, can't wait to see what you do next.

Oh hey! Yes it is a small world!  We had so much fun at Phoenix.

Thank you much! It is a bit of joint builds for the buckets. Rugby does the cutting of hard hat/buckets, and I use helmet templates and cut out the underlayer/face/bands out of the buckets. Rugby rivets underlayer  to hard hat, glues the face/band all together then I put in the cheek plates and cut out visor/small details.   It is nowhere near the quality of a cast resin bucket, but for growing girls, these were certainly the least costly option as replacement is two 5gal buckets,  a hard hat from a thrift store, and a few hours of work!

Started painting ....Ta'laar said it looks like a chef now!

And the red! Next is to attach range finder, earcaps, and antennas. then to work on re-hauling the body armor.

Blocking out a base shape for westar-ish pistols for Me'suum'ika

« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2018, 12:36 AM by DragonLady » Logged
MMCC 2048
Shonare Vhekadla Clan 91
Cabur Akaata 142
O.O.P.S. 63
WIP: https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=144303.0

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!