Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

GriffonKing Helmet WIP

• 6 Replies
GriffonKing Helmet WIP
« on: May 29, 2018, 09:02 PM »

My helmet is in and I can't wait to get started on it. I'm hoping to get it cleaned up this week. I've never worked with a resin cast, so this will be a new experience for me. Wish me luck!

Sep Ho'ban

• Formerly 'Quingin'
Re: GriffonKing Helmet WIP
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 10:28 PM »
dremel VERY carefully :)  I like that bucket, one of my clan mates has one.

Bowfanny

• GENERAL SHINANIGATOR
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 10:58 PM »
Donít be afraid of it. Oopsies can be fixed or used as battle damage.

« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2018, 07:28 PM »
It's a small thing, but I got my visor cut out this weekend. I did some sanding, but need to break out the jeweler's files and get the details done. The visor is not installed, of course. It's just in there for fun.

Sep Ho'ban

• Formerly 'Quingin'
« Reply #4 on: Jun 11, 2018, 07:52 PM »
Looking good :) Assuming the visor will go all the way to the bottom when installed.  You might want to rig a couple of attachment points to it and the vertical piece in the middle just to keep everything aligned and in one piece over the long haul. 

I really like mirrored visors, and I like the blue here.  Good work vod!

« Reply #5 on: Jun 12, 2018, 04:11 PM »
Thanks. Yes, I cut the visor to extend all the way to the bottom. I just wedged it in there so it wouldn't fall out and it ended up a little higher than I intended. I'll look at different ways to install it, but want to get it painted up first. I'm also a little concerned about the nose piece. It feels sturdy enough, but I'd hate for it to break off accidentally. I'm thinking about making a brace to go on the inside of the visor to run horizontal across the nose to either side of the T. Hopefully the mirror will keep the modification hidden.

Sep Ho'ban

• Formerly 'Quingin'
« Reply #6 on: Jun 12, 2018, 04:15 PM »
I'm thinking about making a brace to go on the inside of the visor to run horizontal across the nose to either side of the T. Hopefully the mirror will keep the modification hidden.

I've seen plenty of buckets with braces like that on the inside, that aren't visible from the outside.  You should be fine, and it's a good plan :) Excited to see more of your build!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!