Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Shirt + Pants Questions for Sabine

• 3 Replies
Shirt + Pants Questions for Sabine
« on: May 29, 2018, 05:37 PM »
I've been trying to figure out some things about the soft parts for my Sabine kit before jumping in, and had a couple of questions:

First, I'm planning to try my hand at sewing as much of my own stuff as possible. I was thinking about trying the leotard option for the shirt, and was curious if anyone thought the bodysuit portion of this dress pattern would work? Pattern here: https://www.moodfabrics.com/blog/the-iris-ensemble-free-sewing-pattern/

PUBLIC ADDRESS: Can I just take a sec to talk about the clothes in Rebels?? What is up with Dave Filoni and his seams??? I mean, like, how much stress should I go through trying to get these things to match the actual show???

And for my second question, I was wondering about the pants. This is gonna sound pretty weird, but I was wondering about the snugness of them... The Rebels animation makes Sabine's pants look pretty much like exercise leggings, but due to personal reasons, I was wondering if it would be possible to make my pants a bit looser than this while still being accurate and able to pass by the costume requirements.

Thanks in advance! :porg1:

"It was a simple story..."

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Currently working on my very first kit: Sabine Wren, season 4 version.

Zarya Arthos

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Shirt + Pants Questions for Sabine
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 02:22 AM »
Filoni says about the pants, "The pants are more of a cargo pants, they call back to original Boba Fett somewhat. They are a bit more snug than Boba's loose fitting pants, but note the baggyness at the knees, so they are not really skin tight."

I would keep them snug but they don’t have to be painted on.

This is a good link with reference images: https://www.flickr.com/photos/126885716@N08/sets/72157645861569550/

For example, the light panels on the top and bottom need to line up as much as possible when worn. We do look for accuracy with things like that.

Hope it helps! I’m also slowly working my way through S1 Sabine  :sabine:

Looking for mirrored visors? Click Here!

Sabine

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 01:42 PM »
I'm patterning my new pair of pants after my favorite relaxed fit jeans. It give them that nice fitted look with the right amount of bagginess at the knees. I just laid them flat and traced, you just have to make sure to pull the crotch seams out flat as well so the the shape is right.

For the leotard, that should work. Just remember to add seam allowances for the color blocks. Also, the collar can be a pain to make itstand up with that V cut out. I stitch a bit of nude stretch netting into the V on mine so I can pull it over my head and still have it stand up.

Sabine Wren S2

Tra'cor Clan || MMCC#1593 || M5#71 || NOS#9 || 96 OM Invasions
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2019, 11:03 AM »
Use ponte knit fabric for the black part of the jumpsuit and the grey part of the jumpsuit must be Stretch Euro Tricot 4-Way. And also the jumpsuit must be a full bodysuit with a zipper that ends at the middle of the back. The beige pants that Sabine wore in seasons 1-3 are separate from the jumpsuit meaning she wore those beige pants over the jumpsuit. She doesn't wear those beige pants in season 4 the jumpsuit must be a full bodysuit the beige pants are not included. 😊  :sabine:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!