Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Considering a Molle/Tac vest.

• 9 Replies
Considering a Molle/Tac vest.
« on: May 18, 2018, 05:47 AM »
Since these are ready made and airsoft grade vests are mostly $50 and under. I was considering going this route.

Can anyone provide any insight into a good make/model, anything that needed to be done with it, and what you did to attach your shoulder armor plates?

Thanks all.

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
Re: Considering a Molle/Tac vest.
« Reply #2 on: Jun 19, 2018, 03:20 AM »
Wait..... save another $30 and you can have a proper flak vest made bespoke with shoulders and built in neck seal all  in the colour of your choice. Vs the molle vest which will require an additional neckseal, a method for fixing shoulders, a lot of messing about making sure all visible velcro is concealed and even then you're still not gauranteed that it will look any good but hey that's just my opinion....

« Reply #3 on: Jun 20, 2018, 11:43 PM »
Wait..... save another $30 and you can have a proper flak vest made bespoke with shoulders and built in neck seal all  in the colour of your choice. Vs the molle vest which will require an additional neckseal, a method for fixing shoulders, a lot of messing about making sure all visible velcro is concealed and even then you're still not gauranteed that it will look any good but hey that's just my opinion....

I've only seen one custom vest at that price. And I didn't really think it was worth it, tbh.

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #4 on: Jun 20, 2018, 11:50 PM »
Check out Aria, or another soft part vendor in the supply depot. Great stuff there at affordable prices.

The MOLLE vest will require a lot of work to make it approvable as drexel mentioned.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions
« Reply #5 on: Jun 21, 2018, 03:50 AM »
Check out Aria, or another soft part vendor in the supply depot. Great stuff there at affordable prices.

The MOLLE vest will require a lot of work to make it approvable as drexel mentioned.

Aria is $85+$15 shipping, so $100. That is simply out of my budget for this. Other sellers are similarly priced or more.

Aur'on Gur

• Awards Special Weapons 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #6 on: Jun 21, 2018, 07:19 AM »
Howdy. You did well to ask before buying the molle vest. Unless you pull off every piece and all the webbing on the vest and use legacy style plates to cover the rest, a molle vest is not going to be approvable.

As others recommended, I would suggest either saving up the rest of the money for an approvable vest or following one of the many tutorials and sewing your own.

« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2018, 08:15 AM by Aur'on Gur » Logged
M.M.C.C.      #1127
Gunslinger    #1
Official Troops XVIII
 Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid...'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Jun 21, 2018, 08:09 AM »
An answer to your question has been published in q&a.   The makers triangle applies here. Fast/easy, cheap, good -- pic two. If budget is your biggest concern, then you will need to take the time to make or modify. There are no off the shelf options that work for 30 plus tax. 

Go check out the q&a for clarification on required mods/coverage.

My vest was made out of about $5 in scrap fabric, but also made out of considerable time.

« Reply #8 on: Jun 22, 2018, 02:19 AM »
Yes, I wanted to Q&A and also ask generally just to get all my options. If you can cover many bases why not, right?

I don't really have a sewing machine that can handle something like the standard duck cloth and velcro or webbing for closing it. I was hoping to have a vest with enough time to fit and paint my plates before the weather turned in the fall. Maybe it happens, maybe it won't I suppose.

Anyways, thanks all for responding.

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Jun 22, 2018, 08:11 AM »
Have you talked to your clan? Guaranteed there's someone who can sew or hasa machine you can use.  There's also hand sewing.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!