Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Toy Laser Gun Modding (A-280 Hopefully)

• 8 Replies

T_Jay00

• Aeon Lassiter
Toy Laser Gun Modding (A-280 Hopefully)
« on: Jun 06, 2018, 03:12 PM »
I've decided to let the paint dry on my helmet for a couple of days and start working on my weapons. This is a laser gun that I received from my grandparents a couple of Christmases ago. It doesn't quite work the way it used to, so I'm going to change it.
This is how it started:

And when I was taking it apart:

And here is what I've ended up with.

So I don't know how hard it is to envision a A-280 there, but that's what I'm wanting. What tips or suggestions do you guys have?

'To the pain' means that the first thing you lose will be your feet below the ankles. Then your hands at the wrists, and your nose. The next thing you lose will be your left eye, followed by your right. Your ears you keep, and I'll tell you why: so that every shriek of every child at seeing your hideousness will be yours to cherish; every babe that weeps at your approach; every woman who cries out, 'Dear God! What is that thing?' will echo in your perfect ears. That is what 'to the pain' means.

faol

Re: Toy Laser Gun Modding (A-280 Hopefully)
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2018, 04:03 PM »
that blaster has lots of potential I cant see the A-280CFE but it does kinda have a Blasat Tec DL look to it  :like:

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."-- Sun Tzu
« Reply #2 on: Jun 06, 2018, 04:55 PM »
Iím seeing something a lot more like this in the base youíve got:

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110127012346/starwars/images/9/93/Dash_Rendar_NEGTC.jpg

T_Jay00

• Aeon Lassiter
« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2018, 09:12 AM »
Ok, I like the DL-44 idea. My photo editing skills stink, but how's this?

I don't know how to cut the plastic, but I think I have all the parts I would need, including the scope. So, what do I do now?

'To the pain' means that the first thing you lose will be your feet below the ankles. Then your hands at the wrists, and your nose. The next thing you lose will be your left eye, followed by your right. Your ears you keep, and I'll tell you why: so that every shriek of every child at seeing your hideousness will be yours to cherish; every babe that weeps at your approach; every woman who cries out, 'Dear God! What is that thing?' will echo in your perfect ears. That is what 'to the pain' means.

faol

« Reply #4 on: Jun 07, 2018, 01:48 PM »
a dremel or some kind of rotary tool would/ will be a big help in cutting plastic  :like:

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."-- Sun Tzu
« Reply #5 on: Jun 18, 2018, 12:45 PM »
I noticed that the blue piece that had been above the trigger and forward a bit kind of looked like a flash hider, just my two credits but maybe you could use those for this blaster or another.

Bury me not with this ground nor rock. Cover me with the bodies of my SLAIN!

T_Jay00

• Aeon Lassiter
« Reply #6 on: Jun 18, 2018, 04:13 PM »
Well, that switch is hooked up to a spring that puts it in shotgun mode. So when that blue piece is moved forward, there's a light behind it. That's what that flash hider is covering. I don't know how to use that with a DL-44, but it's a good tip. I was unsure what I was going to do with those spare parts.

« Reply #7 on: Jun 19, 2018, 02:32 PM »
You are very welcome for the idea, and not to get you indecisive about the main blaster but I kinda see a clone commander pistol with the cuts that you would make.

Bury me not with this ground nor rock. Cover me with the bodies of my SLAIN!

T_Jay00

• Aeon Lassiter
« Reply #8 on: Aug 10, 2018, 10:22 AM »
Well, I'm back. I've cut some of the plastic, and put a temporary barrel onto it.

Here's what I think I'm going to do next:

I might cut the barrel shorter, I need to fill in that triangle in the middle, that slot above the grip, and the on/off switch. Should I do what I'm planning above the barrel or something else? I kind of don't know where this is going, so if it looks like a star wars blaster to you, please name it, so I can look it up.

Other than those things, I think it looks great. Maybe a little on the rough side, but I was planning to fix that. However, I have been told by family members that it looks too much like a real gun. What do I do?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!