Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question - Shoulder straps question?

• 2 Replies

Ruug'la Tal

• If not now...when?
Question - Shoulder straps question?
« on: Jun 11, 2018, 03:06 PM »
I have a question about:

I am looking to get your opinion on external shoulder straps. I am builder a harness that goes on top of my armor that with allow me to quick connect a jetpack, com system, and sniper rifle. I am going for a somewhat tactical look.
The straps will be grey and metal and will contrast nice on my black armor and flak vest.
Below are pics that i am drawing inspiration from.

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • The Blandalorian
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Question - Shoulder straps question?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12, 2018, 08:04 AM »
Such strapping is allowed, but be careful that they do not throw off the spacing of your chest plates.

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Question - Shoulder straps question?
« Reply #2 on: Jun 12, 2018, 12:39 PM »
Agreed.  External straps tend to mess up your plate placement and spacing.  Straps that are merely decorative - as opposed to actually bearing weight - are less likely to cause problems, but still tend to do so.  Since you're planning on strapping a jetpack, comm system, and sniper rifle from your harness, chances are it will really interfere with the armor itself.  I'd advise you to be prepared for lots of trial, error, and frustration before getting it nailed down just right.  You should also prepare for the possibility that it simply might not work out.  But we'll be here to offer advice and help.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 16

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!