Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Heavy Armor Concepting and Questions

• 6 Replies
Heavy Armor Concepting and Questions
« on: Jun 13, 2018, 12:00 AM »
Hey everyone,

I've been searching on and off for patterns, but been having a heck of a time finding something that I can use to fit my size.  Maybe it's my reluctance and worry about wasting a lot of paper trying to scale a plan to fit me.

I want to build heavy and practical, shoulder pauldrons with the ARC trooper collar plates.  I also really like the full wrap heavy clone trooper thigh armor, but would replace the peak that it comes to in the front with a heavier, thicker (blast/ablative) plate.

I had a replica T-40 Blaster 3D printed for me and been slowly starting to sand and prep it in the time I've had and have gotten to a blocking point with a watergun I'm trying to mod into a blaster.

My helmet concepts are sky high and may or may not include inclusion of a functional respirator and ventilation system.

Any input from experienced crafters/modders would be invaluable, especially with the July 23rd Armor Party coming up!

Helmet Concept & Basic Color Scheme:

« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2018, 06:12 PM by Evo_Viak » Logged

Sep Ho'ban

• Formerly 'Quingin'
Re: Heavy Armor Concepting and Questions
« Reply #1 on: Jun 13, 2018, 12:08 AM »
concept sketches, would help garner more advice and commentary :)

« Reply #2 on: Jun 13, 2018, 12:24 AM »
Noted, I'll try and scribble some stuff up and edit them into the original post.

redraynos14

• Give me a call, I'll build with you.
« Reply #3 on: Jun 14, 2018, 09:41 PM »
my advice, start basic work towards upgrades, figure out what works for trooping in your kit. templates- softparts- armor- shape- paint is a good order to work in. 4

|B.O.M.B. #89|M.A.C.K. #52| Invasions: 14|Educational Events on Record: 6| Joined 03/2017|

Sep Ho'ban

• Formerly 'Quingin'
« Reply #4 on: Jun 14, 2018, 10:12 PM »
Planning to purchase the helmet from NME, or considering building your own? Paint looks good.

« Reply #5 on: Jun 14, 2018, 11:03 PM »
If NME makes casts that fit my head, probably go with a purchased casting and modify it from there.  Free time constraints and coming home from work tired and whatnot...

I've always been sketchy on buying clothing without actually being able to try it on for reasons of tall and broad.

I'm tracking down a set of the Heavy Clone Trooper armor so I can bash the legs into what I want for design, the rest I've started printing and sizing papers for just a conventional suit at the moment.

Sep Ho'ban

• Formerly 'Quingin'
« Reply #6 on: Jun 14, 2018, 11:12 PM »
Yeah, I have an abnormally large head and glasses, so I get it.  IF you go to an AP you might be able to try on some local buckets.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!