Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

What is your kit box

• 14 Replies

Bowfanny

• GENERAL SHINANIGATOR
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
What is your kit box
« on: Sep 20, 2018, 05:53 PM »
As the title says,
What is the box or device most people are using to carry or hold your armor in?
I myself use a Stanley work box with extending handle to contain my costume.

Iím asking in order to create a poll of sorts so that we can visualize and create appropriate stylaized kit box name tags.

QMU#084

Dandro Shadd

• "Kool-Aid"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: What is your kit box
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2018, 07:40 PM »
Husky rolling tote/work box. $60ish on sale at Home Depot.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life! -Dandro Shadd

OM# 1026
Ruus'alor - Teren Clan ( 2015- 2018 )
Approval Team ( 2018 - Present )
Ruus'sol (South Central Region)
M.A.B.E.L. #057
K.O.M.S. #054

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor | I've got a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2018, 07:42 PM »
I've got the slightly smaller size of what Dandro's using.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 23

Dekan Korr

• Hold my blue milk
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 40+ hrs of Charity Work
« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2018, 07:47 PM »
Half height Husky because the full size doesn't fit in my car. I can get everything in it except my buy'ce. That goes in an 11 inch drum case. The A280C has to get Tetrised in at an angle, so it stays outside until I'm packing up for a troop. It used to stay in the box, but I've already had to take the heat gun to it once to straighten it back out because Texas.

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing. By orders of magnitude. || Thingiverse || Invasions: 15

Vindex

• Be careful you don't choke on your aspirations.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2018, 08:10 PM »
Full size Husky for my Mando and the half size Husky for my Shadowtrooper.

Meshurok Clan (Idaho) #1643
Oribru Akaata #26

We the willing, working for the ungrateful, have done so much, for so long, with so little, are now qualified to do anything, with nothing.

Fenris Claddanna

• Chaotic Fun
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2018, 08:58 PM »
32 Gallon Sterilite rolling bin for my Mandos(I have two, they both fit in the bin. Barely.), and a standard-issue plastic footlocker bin for my TIE Pilot. My RFT and Imperial Army Engineer live in a 19 gallon Sterilite tub.

Oyacyir mav, ash'amur pirusti

OM#1624
Kyrimorut#021:KMB# 32:B.E.A.R.D.S#128:W.B. #08:MTS#082:M.M.R.S#017

candygirl_mn13

• The third edge of the blade
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40% increase or more 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Sep 20, 2018, 09:12 PM »
I use a full size rolling husky bin (we call them tough boxes).

#966 - KB ALOR'AD - SC RUUS'SOL - RR DIRECTOR - APP TEAM DIRECTOR

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #7 on: Sep 20, 2018, 09:20 PM »
Used to have a 30gal tote, same as an above poster, but now it lives in a 28" rolling suitcase.  I have the American Tourister Darth Vader 28" being ordered soon.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • Hate'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #8 on: Sep 21, 2018, 01:28 AM »
Half height Husky because the full size doesn't fit in my car. I can get everything in it except my buy'ce. That goes in an 11 inch drum case. The A280C has to get Tetrised in at an angle, so it stays outside until I'm packing up for a troop. It used to stay in the box, but I've already had to take the heat gun to it once to straighten it back out because Texas.

I use the same

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member 40% increase or more Special Weapons Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Sep 21, 2018, 02:38 PM »
I have no pictures right now, but I use three different conveyances for my four approved costumes (three Mandos and a Jedi...Awkward living situation comedy movie in the making?)

For the Jedi, I have a custom-made lightsaber case that was based on a Kendo equipment bag, and a basic garment bag.

For my medieval Mando, I use a guitar bag.  Yes, a guitar bag.  The swords, spear, shoulders, and cape get tied on the outside (where the cape actually provides padding for my back), and the helmet gets stuck on top where the headstock of a guitar would be.  Everything else is layered inside the bag.

For both my Pilot and my Force Hunter, I use a custom-made wheeled steamer trunk.  I made it myself to the measurements of my armor.  It was originally meant for only my pilot, but I can fit my Force Hunter in it well enough.  Eventually I'll build another specifically for my Force Hunter, with a little more space in it, so I can use them as both conveyance and storage.  That one will have a shotgun rack, a sword rack, and a dedicated soft parts compartment.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #10 on: Sep 21, 2018, 02:56 PM »
I have a plan for a future storage bin build, once my wife and I get our Scanning Crew costumes made.  Build a trunk to look like the crate that those two poor souls were carrying onto the Falcon in ANH.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

grantaire

• Steve Buscemi rhymes with Mom's Spaghetti
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #11 on: Sep 21, 2018, 06:56 PM »
I also have the Husky 1/2 size box. I've also seen members on a budget get the Walmart rolling bin.

« Reply #12 on: Sep 21, 2018, 09:59 PM »
Ive got an old plastic suitcase. Fits pretty much everything, as long as pieces are tucked together. Helmet doesn't get its own box yet, but its always on my shelf

Bowfanny

• GENERAL SHINANIGATOR
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: Sep 22, 2018, 02:17 AM »
I also have the Husky 1/2 size box. I've also seen members on a budget get the Walmart rolling bin.
I was lucky to find the Stanley tuff box at a local garage sale a school was putting on. Cost me $30 plus the cost of a new lock because the previous owner lost the keys.

QMU#084

myriot

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 50 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2017
« Reply #14 on: Sep 23, 2018, 12:55 PM »
I use the half size husky box also or a large duffle bag depending on what fits better for traveling.

*Kebii'tra Kematr'kipa*
CAT# 1069  Vhe'rang Clan NM/West Texas SC
Vhe'rang Clan Alor'ad 2015-current
Supply Team 2018
App Team 2018
Marketing XO 2018
Order of Ori'Ramikad 2018
G.O.M.O.L # 037 Mandalorian Cavalry #10 M.A.R.S.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!